U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you believe that same-sex attractions are similar to alcoholism?
Yes 8 8.70%
No 79 85.87%
Not sure 5 5.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2011, 03:01 PM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,650,231 times
Reputation: 6988

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Telling the truth about the sin of homosexual ways is not hatred. Of course....those who seek to distort and deflect the truth....try to label anyone who speaks out against homosexuality....as a hater. Perhaps, if you meet your Creator, and let HIM reveal His position regarding homosexuality.....you might be able to see clearly...and not spew lies about other people's factual comments....as mine are.

Romans Chapter 1 is God's position regarding homosexual lifestyle. HIS Word leaves no doubt.
The fact that you don't understand Romans Chapter 1 is quite obvious. You should educate yourself on Greek Culture and language before making the assumption that you have the foggiest clue what you're talking about. Pagan worship practices are not part of the "gay lifestyle".

You make a mockery of Christianity. You will have to explain to God why you turned so many people away from him with your self-righteousness and false beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2011, 03:16 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 2,258,500 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The fact that you don't understand Romans Chapter 1 is quite obvious. You should educate yourself on Greek Culture and language before making the assumption that you have the foggiest clue what you're talking about. Pagan worship practices are not part of the "gay lifestyle".

You make a mockery of Christianity. You will have to explain to God why you turned so many people away from him with your self-righteousness and false beliefs.

So, you are a self-proclaimed JUDGE of who and what a Christian is, is that your belief?

I can tell you....with assurance, your accusations are baseless and obviously defensive. Should you stay in denial regarding homosexuality, you well be in the saddest of state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
 
Location: California
30,704 posts, read 33,502,020 times
Reputation: 26130
"christian" is a label that people use when it suits them. Nobody knows what the hell it means. (spare me your definition, I have heard them ALL)

If we were voting for Pope or other religious leader all this might matter, as it stands now none of it matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Boise
4,425 posts, read 5,279,232 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Getting back to the subject of the thread, based on Gov. Perry's writings on the subject that he care what you or anyone else does for fun. I agree. It's none of my business, except when those who would promote the gay agenda seek to force the rest of us to grant unnatural unions the same acceptance as the natural.
you aren't granting them anything.. their government is.. who happens to be everyone's government.. it has nothing to do with u..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Michigan
12,715 posts, read 11,615,044 times
Reputation: 4140
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not sure whether to think of his statement as ignorant or bizarre - or both.
I don't know, but I know I won't go out drinking with him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Sco
 
4,259 posts, read 4,241,557 times
Reputation: 3359
This kind of bigoted idiocy is why nobody in their right mind would vote for this guy to be President.

How can Christians like him even make it through the day when they are filled with so much hatred for their fellow humans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Ohio
3,441 posts, read 5,191,187 times
Reputation: 2667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Apples and oranges. Zoologists have not found the equivalent of pedophiles in the animal kingdom.

umm really wow okay ... An adult male Animal(non-human for this argument) WILL mate(that is what male/female sex is after all) with a female that is in
estrous regardless of age; sister, mother, aunt, little girl down the lane.
You do know most pedophiles are heterosexual, right?

So "old enough to bleed old enough to breed" fits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Ohio
3,441 posts, read 5,191,187 times
Reputation: 2667
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The purpose of sex is to create biologically diverse offspring for the purpose of continuing and bettering the species. Since only one man can create a child with one woman at any given time, sex should involve one adult man and one adult woman.

So you NEVER had sex for the simple pleasure it brings to you and your partner?

One man can create a child with one woman at a time? You skipped biology in school didn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,232,009 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why, please explain? RP is a Christan and filters things through that world view. We as Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin and to engage in it is sinful. One can exercise self control and not engage in sexual activity with members of the same sex.
Are you saying that you think gay people should live lonely celibate lives? Why?

Just because some Christians like to cherry-pick a couple of verses from the Bible that referred to male temple prostition and rape of strangers?

Why should 21st century gays and lesbians have to suffer just because there are some ignorant Christians that rarely even read the Bible they purport to follow? Let alone study it in context.

What do two and half thousand year old laws about temple prostitution have to do with 21st century gays and lesbians?

Even if they did, do you as a Christian follow all 613 Mozaic laws? No. So why demand gay people follow two and half thousand year old Biblical verses when you don't?

Last edited by Ceist; 08-27-2011 at 12:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 12:44 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,232,009 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Uh.......that might be your point, but many, many people in this world believe that homosexual is extremely unnatural, myself included.
If you are heterosuxual, then of course 'homosexual' (sic) would be 'unnatural' for you.

Homosexuality is perfectly natural for homosexuals, not heterosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top