Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 04:00 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think I would call him guilt ridden, why do you say that? he can appeal to be very arrogant much of the time, but as for who watches him? Well he happens to have the highest rating of any show in the time slot and by about doutble or more. I guess some people watch him.
I am not surprised he is supposedly highly rated on TV, however, this media is becoming increasingly obsolete. I stated that I am not sure who watches him. (i.e. demographic)

As to his appearance of "guilt ridden", it is simply my opinion, from observing him. Admittedly, I watch him very little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If all the votes were really counted and reported as they were taken and not disregarded or thrown away or not counted at all, we'd have found that Ron Paul honestly won the popular vote in many of the states that were given to Romney or Santorum.
I disagree, you have presented nothing but conspiracy theories and half-baked analysis to prove your theory. It just doesn't stand up against entry/exit polls consistently showing Ron Paul losing, just like when the votes are totaled.

Quote:
It's just common sense. Not that many voters are THAT STUPID. There have to be at least a third or more of voters who know what FREEDOM is and want it restored. There also have to be just as many who aren't war-mongers. 1/3 of the voters supporting Ron Paul would be enough for him to not only pick up delegates but to also win the popular vote in several states if the votes weren't tampered with.
See above reference to half baked analysis. This probably tops your previous declarations of voter preference based on how much applause you heard or how many people were searching for different candidate names on google... now you are using "common sense" and your wild guesses about how many voters adhere to various abstract concepts to derive his vote counts.

No, you still have nothing.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
As was pointed out earlier, one entity does the exit polls, Edison Research, and distributes their "findings" to the media at large. I discount the exit polls for that reason.
The media projects winners almost the minute the doors close. As far as I'm concerned this is all decided ahead of time. They make the count reflect their wishes. May as well call it, they want Romney/Obama. Not sure they can control the actual delegate count, but they are pretending to know who has what. I would hope the delegates keep their mouths shut until it's time for them to make a statement or check the box.

I'm not watching, because I think it's all bull. If I miss something important or encouraging, please let me know.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:26 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
As was pointed out earlier, one entity does the exit polls, Edison Research, and distributes their "findings" to the media at large. I discount the exit polls for that reason.
The media projects winners almost the minute the doors close. As far as I'm concerned this is all decided ahead of time. They make the count reflect their wishes. May as well call it, they want Romney/Obama. Not sure they can control the actual delegate count, but they are pretending to know who has what. I would hope the delegates keep their mouths shut until it's time for them to make a statement or check the box.

I'm not watching, because I think it's all bull. If I miss something important or encouraging, please let me know.

claud, your man, Paul can't win one state in the Union. Paul, as I told you 6 months ago, is toast. Majority of sober-minded Americans don't want ANYTHING to do with him. Sure, he has proposed a few good ideas bout less government, but most other aspects of his policies are looney. Sorry, claud, but THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Because Edison is in on some big conspiracy, that happens to align fairly well with RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls lots of other polling from various other sources that all show Ron Paul losing these contests.
Come on.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Because Edison is in on some big conspiracy, that happens to align fairly well with RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls lots of other polling from various other sources that all show Ron Paul losing these contests.
Come on.
The NEP(Big 6) who contracts w/ Edison essentially do all the polls. There are issues w/ this. It is the reason in the past independent polling has been sought. So unless you are quoting an independent source w/ transparency you aren't saying much.

Would be similar to a drug manufacturer doing it's own testing.

Last edited by CDusr; 03-06-2012 at 07:18 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The NEP(Big 6) who contracts w/ Edison essentially do all the polls. There are issues w/ this. It is the reason in the past independent polling has been sought. So unless you are quoting an independent source w/ transparency you aren't saying much.

Would be similar to a drug manufacturer doing it's own testing.
NEP is what the major news networks and AP?
That link in my post has polls from Gallup, Quinnipiac University, Rasmussen, Suffolk University, Merriman, WeAskAmerica, Public Polling Policy, etc. all showing Ron Paul losing. Are they Edison as well?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
That link in my post has polls from Gallup, Quinnipiac University, Rasmussen, Suffolk University, Merriman, WeAskAmerica, Public Polling Policy, etc. all showing Ron Paul losing. Are they Edison as well?
Less sure about AP. They actually go under many different names, if you track the corporation and who owns them. Not sure about every one you list. As I said this has quite a bit of history behind it w/ many issues relating to "transparency". Have to do some research if you really want answers to that question.

National Election Pool - SourceWatch

Book - VoteScam: The Stealing of America

Been some documentaries and some info in wikipedia also, I believe.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,104 times
Quote:
claud, your man, Paul can't win one state in the Union. Paul, as I told you 6 months ago, is toast. Majority of sober-minded Americans don't want ANYTHING to do with him. Sure, he has proposed a few good ideas bout less government, but most other aspects of his policies are looney. Sorry, claud, but THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.
oh what policies are loony please elaborate.

I guess asking congress to declare war is looney by your standards.
NO please do explain i have to hear this.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Some people get so infatuated with a candidate that regardless of evidence to the contrary can not believe that a majority of people don't see the candidate the way they do.Since most people 'can't be that stupid' then the only alternative is that their guy must have lost due to fraud.

Many people in '72 actually thought McGovern was going to beat Nixon.....most of them after the election though I guess concluded that people 'could' be that stupid while the other side coundn't believe that the dems were stupid enough to run McGovern in the first place.

I'm kind of a fringe guy politicly ,but I know what I am so i'm neither surprised nor bothered when my favorite guy doesn't get the nod and just hope somebody who will move things somewhat in my direction does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections