Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
FDR broke precedent by serving 4 terms... The elite bankers need thier puppet Obama to stay in office... The GOP have nobody who won't be exposed as a banker puppet... Except Ron Paul...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Funny World Nut Daily said the same thing about Bush, trying to use 9/11 as the reason to suspend elections. how'd that work out?
This is what gets me about the people who follow these nut job theories, when the events predicted never come to pass, these supporters never wise up and realize the people feeding them this BS have no special information and are only making a fast buck from their followers' stupidity and gullibility. Corsi and Jones' entire careers are based on this. But like a bad gambler who never learns to fold his cards, these followers are so desperate to believe there is some kind of international conspiracy that is keeping them down, they just double down and invest even more belief in the next ridiculous theory.

I think the people who desperately believe this stuff do so for one of two reasons:

A) they need to believe that there is some kind of global conspiracy holding them back from the fortune or standing they feel they should have earned in life, because they do not want to take responsibility for their own failures; and

B) they are so misinformed or out of touch with reality, that they cannot accept that their political views, ideals, or values are not mainstream and are not shared by everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:
Election of 1940

Main article: United States presidential election, 1940

The two-term tradition had been an unwritten rule (until the 22nd Amendment after his presidency) since George Washington declined to run for a third term in 1796, and both Ulysses S. Grant and Theodore Roosevelt were attacked for trying to obtain a third non-consecutive term. FDR systematically undercut prominent Democrats who were angling for the nomination, including two cabinet members,
FDR was a commie. There's no denying that. But he won the election(s). Through propaganda (aka:Marketing) and salesmanship, the people bought the better marketed product. Same thing with Obama. He was sold to America by a master marketer, Oprah. Every single loser she's endorsed from Dr.Phil, to The Hollywood Doctor, to Obama has turned out to be a lemon and fraud yet people keep buying it.

If you want to argue that people are gullible fools who are easily herded you'll get no argument from me but since the sheep were given the vote, there is no arguing that they did not in fact vote FDR into the office. Unwritten rules are not rules.

There is no massive conspiracy to control people, they do it to themselves.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
This is what gets me about the people who follow these nut job theories, when the events predicted never come to pass, these supporters never wise up and realize the people feeding them this BS have no special information and are only making a fast buck from their followers' stupidity and gullibility. Corsi and Jones' entire careers are based on this. But like a bad gambler who never learns to fold his cards, these followers are so desperate to believe there is some kind of international conspiracy that is keeping them down, they just double down and invest even more belief in the next ridiculous theory.

I think the people who desperately believe this stuff do so for one of two reasons:

A) they need to believe that there is some kind of global conspiracy holding them back from the fortune or standing they feel they should have earned in life, because they do not want to take responsibility for their own failures; and

B) they are so misinformed or out of touch with reality, that they cannot accept that their political views, ideals, or values are not mainstream and are not shared by everybody.
Uh... Yeah... Like everybody who just got forclosed on... or lost thier job while it got outsourced to a foreign country... Break out the tin foil... Wild "CT" alert!...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Sorry--used all the tin foil for a roast last night, so I have nothing left for hat making today...
LOL! I'm leaving momentarily for the grocery store. Shall I pick up some tinfoil for you? I hear it's on sale this weeK!

Quote:
Election of 1940

Main article: United States presidential election, 1940

The two-term tradition had been an unwritten rule (until the 22nd Amendment after his presidency) since George Washington declined to run for a third term in 1796, and both Ulysses S. Grant and Theodore Roosevelt were attacked for trying to obtain a third non-consecutive term. FDR systematically undercut prominent Democrats who were angling for the nomination, including two cabinet members,
So freakin' what? That is not proof there was no election. FDR was a great politician. So was Lincoln. Again, so what?

Quote:
Consider it a wake up thread...
It's not me who needs to wake up.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,048 times
Quote:
Uh... Yeah... Like everybody who just got forclosed on... or lost thier job while it got outsourced to a foreign country... Break out the tin foil... Wild "CT" alert!...
Bad investments, the bursting of economic bubbles, and downturns in the economy do not a conspiracy make

Old 10-04-2011, 11:42 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
LOL! I'm leaving momentarily for the grocery store. Shall I pick up some tinfoil for you? I hear it's on sale this weeK!

So freakin' what? That is not proof there was no election. FDR was a great politician. So was Lincoln. Again, so what?

It's not me who needs to wake up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Bad investments, the bursting of economic bubbles, and downturns in the economy do not a conspiracy make
There's no such thing as business cycles... It's all manipulated by the global elite...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Dr. Jerome Coris joins Alex Jones on this Infowars Nightly News Monday Edition to discuss who is Barack H. Obama and will he cancel the 2012 elections under the cover of economic collapse?...

Obama May Cancel 2012 Elections!! - Dr. Jerome Corsi Reports 1/2 - YouTube
The Far Right Have Now Officially Lost Their Minds, Cult Deprogramming is the only answer to such utter insanity.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Dr. Jerome Coris joins Alex Jones on this Infowars Nightly News Monday Edition to discuss who is Barack H. Obama and will he cancel the 2012 elections under the cover of economic collapse?...
It sounds more like Jerome Coris wants to cancel the elections. He probably never saw the episode of The Odd Couple where Felix Unger explains why you should never assume.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:58 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Conspiracy theorists..whatever they are smoking it's strong. Reality is at all of our fingertips, yet this group cannot grasp it.
almost (not quite) as bad as the liberals who supported ObamaCare ...

Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 PM

525 posts, read 899,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Didn't I hear the similar conspiracy stories about President Bush cancelling elections and martial law. I will bet you a Super Big Gulp elections are not cancelled.
exactly what they said Bush would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections