Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 AM

121 posts, read 133,089 times

Advertisements

HC475:

You remind me of an employee that I recently had to fire. Ex-marine, total whackjob and absolutely obsessed with the same kind of conspiracy theory nonsense that you espouse daily on this forum.

He would tell stories of his days in the 90's broadcasting and listening to shortwave radio, running around with para-military and militia groups and hanging on every word that your heroes Linda Thompson and Mark from Michigan had to say. Always talked about the NWO, FEMA camps, black helicopters, Waco, Ruby Ridge and so on. He lost his marriage because of it a few years ago because of it, and now he's lost his job, thanks to me.

Know why I had to fire him? He would rant and rave about this crap nonstop to his co-workers, to me and worst of all to our customers and suppliers on a daily basis. I would get complaints from them about this and he would respond by saying they were all NWO shills and that he and his people knew the "truth." BIG Alex Jones fan as you can imagine. It all got to be too much and I had to fire him. He'll have a hard time landing another job at this point because of his obsession with his stuff.

My advice to you: stop it, for your own good. Conspiracy theorists with your level of obsession have no place in a civilized society, except on the margins of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmanuelGoldstein View Post
Conspiracy theorists with your level of obsession have no place in a civilized society, except on the margins of it.

they also need to be committed.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
From your link...

In 1940, Franklin D. Roosevelt became the only president to be elected to a third term; supporters cited the war in Europe as a reason for breaking with precedent. In the 1944 election, during World War II, he won a fourth term, but suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and died in office the following year. Thus, Roosevelt was the only President to have served more than two terms.

And so you yourself prove their point.

You did note the words 'elected' and 'election' in the link that you provided,yes?

Breaking with precedent does not a cancelled election make.

As for the OP: ha ha ha ha ha.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 AM

121 posts, read 133,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I believe they would call a looney bin a "re-education camp" so it would fit their narrative a bit better.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,755 times
conspiracy theorists... what will they think of next

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
HC475:

You remind me of an employee that I recently had to fire. Ex-marine, total whackjob and absolutely obsessed with the same kind of conspiracy theory nonsense that you espouse daily on this forum.

He would tell stories of his days in the 90's broadcasting and listening to shortwave radio, running around with para-military and militia groups and hanging on every word that your heroes Linda Thompson and Mark from Michigan had to say. Always talked about the NWO, FEMA camps, black helicopters, Waco, Ruby Ridge and so on. He lost his marriage because of it a few years ago because of it, and now he's lost his job, thanks to me.

Know why I had to fire him? He would rant and rave about this crap nonstop to his co-workers, to me and worst of all to our customers and suppliers on a daily basis. I would get complaints from them about this and he would respond by saying they were all NWO shills and that he and his people knew the "truth." BIG Alex Jones fan as you can imagine. It all got to be too much and I had to fire him. He'll have a hard time landing another job at this point because of his obsession with his stuff.

My advice to you: stop it, for your own good. Conspiracy theorists with your level of obsession have no place in a civilized society, except on the margins of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So was there a specific "CT" that got him fired?... Which one set you off?... If you really did fire someone...

927 posts, read 1,459,508 times
Quote:
HC475:

well .... actually ... there is significant truth in some of what these conspiracy theorists are saying ... it's just much of the fact they find is blown out shape ...

to an extent people are shill's ... they are parrots feeding people pots of propaganda

Old 10-04-2011, 09:45 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Obama would violate the 22nd Amendment...

In 1940, Franklin D. Roosevelt became the only president to be elected to a third term; supporters cited the war in Europe as a reason for breaking with precedent. In the 1944 election, during World War II, he won a fourth term, but suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and died in office the following year. Thus, Roosevelt was the only President to have served more than two terms.

Okay, so you are now saying that FDR didn't cancel the elections?

Why did you ever think otherwise?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
So was there a specific "CT" that got him fired?... Which one set you off?... If you really did fire someone...

if he is an at-will employee (in a state that recognizes at will employment) then he could be fired for any reason at all. He could have orange hair and wear brown corduroy pants, and that could get him fired.

Still doesn't support you by repeating Alex Jones and World Nut Daily's conspiracy monger, Jerome Corsi that the elections will be suspended.

Funny World Nut Daily said the same thing about Bush, trying to use 9/11 as the reason to suspend elections. how'd that work out?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
They and the GOP are just afraid of the impending blow back from the mistakes of 2010 Congressional elections. Conspiracies arise from the realization of the possibility of that fear becoming true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections