Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

i appreciate cost effective method of using CDF to do a smear campaign to put ron paul off the ballot but i have seen the video speeches, the man is not a racist. he supports young black men and is trying to keep them out of jail. please stop the fake false accusations now or i am going to start campaigning for him. b4 your negative false accusations i was apathetic to the election but you are helping to motivate me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I think it is pretty obvious that he is a racist personally...
And I think you're full of it, Ironmaw. I have seen absolutely no evidence of racism in Romney. You're seeing what you've decided is there.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:47 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
For a guy who 'never read' those newsletters, Ron Paul seems pretty familiar with their contents in this 1995 interview as he talks about them and their contents (starting around the 01:50 mark). He doesn't mention any offensive content, though. So the question is:

Is Ron Paul racist?
Or, does he just tacitly approve of racism published under his name?
Or, is he just clueless about those newsletters, and thus lying when he claims familiarity with them in this interview?

In 2011, Paul is claiming he did not know what was being written under his name, but in the interview from 16 years ago he's telling a different story.

On a side note, what kind of idiot (allgedly) gives others carte-blanche to write under his name without reviewing what is written?

On another side note, what kind of idiot has a newsletter with a claimed circulation as high as 100,000 that includes offensive and racist commentary, and not one single friend or acquaintance ever comes up and says "Ron, what is going on here? Why is your newsletter peddling this offensive nonsense?".

Dr. Ron Paul 1995 Interview - YouTube

Old 12-23-2011, 10:00 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,517 times
HOW DARE FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!
EVERYONE VOTE OBAMA SO HE CAN PLEASE TAKE THIS SILLY THING AWAY!!

But seriously, this is stupid. If calling him a racist or saying he allowed racist comments to exist is the worst they can find on him, I'd say he's a pretty solid candidate.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post

On a side note, what kind of idiot (allgedly) gives others carte-blanche to write under his name without reviewing what is written?

On another side note, what kind of idiot has a newsletter with a claimed circulation as high as 100,000 that includes offensive and racist commentary, and not one single friend or acquaintance ever comes up and says "Ron, what is going on here? Why is your newsletter peddling this offensive nonsense?".

Excellent questions. I think that until Mr. Paul addresses both of these issues, it is not going away.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post

But seriously, this is stupid. If calling him a racist or saying he allowed racist comments to exist is the worst they can find on him, I'd say he's a pretty solid candidate.
If that's the worst they can find, it's pretty bad.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post

Right on cue, some buffoon equates criticism of what someone said with wanting to repeal the First Amendment.

Here's a First Amendment primer, genius:
Amendment I prohibits the state from restricting speech. It does not protect anyone from being criticized by individuals for what they say.

I think Ron Paul supporters have wrested the mantle of "greatest self-anointed victims" away from Sarah Palin supporters.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i appreciate cost effective method of using CDF to do a smear campaign to put ron paul off the ballot but i have seen the video speeches, the man is not a racist. he supports young black men and is trying to keep them out of jail. please stop the fake false accusations now or i am going to start campaigning for him. b4 your negative false accusations i was apathetic to the election but you are helping to motivate me.
A smear campaign would be if these newsletters did not exist. A smear campaign would be if these newsletters did not contain blatant racism. A smear campaign would be if these newsletters were not published.

But they do exist, they contain abundant racism, and they are published under Ron Paul's name, and he has touted the newsletter.

Quit pretending your candiate is such a victim for being called out on this.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
First, there are no signatures on the newsletters. No stated
author
Is this real = http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/1...icitation2.pdf

I mean I don't know if it is or not, but it is being claimed that is one, if so that is his name up top and signature ont he bottom.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And I think you're full of it, Ironmaw. I have seen absolutely no evidence of racism in Romney. You're seeing what you've decided is there.

That is okay Katzpur, you have a right to believe whatever you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections