Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 AM

865 posts, read 676,241 times

Advertisements

If I wasn't deployed so darn much, I would have done something similar. Unfortunately, there really was no Presidential Candidate when I served, that either understood foreign policy or supported the basic principles of the golden rule amongst nations. 3/75 lead the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They better check with their comander first, I do believe there are rules against active duty personnel doing this. If it is against the rules they could all face charges under the UCMJ and be in Big trouble.
of course there is. I don't know where some of these people get their information...

Nita

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
If it's thousands however, it's unlikely anything will happen to them as a group. If a few did it, different story. There would be too much public outrage.
don't kid yourself, there would be action taken and I doubt there will be anywhere thousands if there are any...

Buldawg82 has it right: I am not a Paul supporter as everyone knows, but I do think he will put a stop to this if it goes any further.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 01-10-2012 at 09:59 AM..

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

865 posts, read 676,241 times
That's the point of it being a protest. Rules or not, people take action based on their morals.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
That's the point of it being a protest. Rules or not, people take action based on their morals.
and marching doesn't usually get a person very far, plus what part of "they are not allowed to openly support a candidate when they are military" do you not understand? Let's see how far this goes, my guess it will go nowhere fast!!!

How many of you have checked out infowars.net or paid any attention to what is behind all this? Check it and then tell us the march is really going to happen.
Nita

Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and marching doesn't usually get a person very far, plus what part of "they are not allowed to openly support a candidate when they are military" do you not understand? Let's see how far this goes, my guess it will go nowhere fast!!!

Nita
They can't do so while in uniform. Out of uniform they can support whoever they want.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
They can't do so while in uniform. Out of uniform they can support whoever they want.
are you sure of this? even if it is true and it didn't used to be (things could have changed) then it remains to be seen or learned, if possible how many are really in the military? That is like saying all those involved in OWS really have no jobs? Get real for heaven's sake.

Nita

Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Please...haters, keep making fun of vets. Make your voice heard loud and proud if Obama has to go up against Paul. It's very important that your hate for our defenders of freedom stays elevated.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 AM

426 posts, read 958,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
If thousands of active military marching on the White House, and turning their backs on the President doesn't wake a lot of people up to the realities of the direction our country has been heading, then their is truly no hope.

Let's wait and see if "thousands" actually show up.

My money is on "dozens".

Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
are you sure of this? even if it is true and it didn't used to be (things could have changed) then it remains to be seen or learned, if possible how many are really in the military? That is like saying all those involved in OWS really have no jobs? Get real for heaven's sake.

Nita
FYI: to take part in the march next month, we have to provide proof of service so yes, everyone marching in the front will be Veterans. The ones in the back will be other supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections