Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I did not say anything about those issues. It does take worldly experience, or perhaps a human heart, to know that devolving "private property rights" down to it being OK to put up a "No Blacks" sign on your business, is an over-reach.
Where I live a business would fail within a few days because the media attention they would receive and by people of all races boycotting them.

I don't need the Government to tell me not to ban people from my business based on how they look. Not only is it a stupid business decision but I like to think that we have evolved as Americans and as humans.
It was necessary in the 1960's, which is one thing I slightly disagree with Ron Paul on.

It's now 2012. We should have less laws, not more if we have truly progressed at all.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 01-18-2012 at 09:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 09:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Where I live a business would fail within a few days because the media attention they would receive and by people of all races boycotting them.

I don't need the Government to tell me not to ban people from my business based on how they look. Not only is it a stupid business decision but I like to think that we have evolved as Americans and as humans.
It was necessary in the 1960's, which is one thing I slightly disagree with Ron Paul on.

It's now 2012. We should have less laws, not more if we have truly progressed at all.
That is not the case everywhere. We have a lot of history to show us that. In the present day, just look at the racist threads/posts here on CD. It's not over by a long shot.

Paul also thinks it's OK to let someone w/o health insurance "just die".

Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 AM

791 posts, read 461,017 times
Quote:
That is not the case everywhere. We have a lot of history to show us that. In the present day, just look at the racist threads/posts here on CD. It's not over by a long shot.

Paul also thinks it's OK to let someone w/o health insurance "just die".
I see so many racist posts here on C-D, and most of them are directed to white folks. The race card has been overplayed to the point that it just doesn't wash any more.

And I'd really be interested in seeing some evidence that Ron Paul "thinks it's OK to let someone w/o health insurance "just die". Do you think you could back that up with something other than your own opinion?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:16 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
As an "older person" I take issue with the assumptions about us. I read an article about Paul's support among young voters, particularly males. Some think, and I agree, that Paul's simplistic ideas appeal to people w/o a lot of worldly experience.

Woman, ive been more places than you will ever go, and i have seen more things that you could even imagine. And you are completely foolish to think that anyone other than Paul will make the changes necessary to save this country from disaster.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-18-2012, 10:21 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
I did not say anything about those issues. It does take worldly experience, or perhaps a human heart, to know that devolving "private property rights" down to it being OK to put up a "No Blacks" sign on your business, is an over-reach.

Racism is a dead belief system held onto by the elderly for the most part. The youth have become for the most part color blind except for maybe in some places deep in the south. Racism is an old persons disease, and there is nothing more wrong with having a racist sign in your front lawn than having a sign in your hand or front lawn that says "God kills **** dead" or "turn or burn sinner" or " if you don't believe in Jesus you will burn in hell forever" ...

Nothing so prejudiced and bigoted and hypocritical as that ...

You don't have a problem with racism or bigotry, you have a problem with liberty, in this case the freedom of speech and property rights. What you really want is a thought police that control our words and even our thoughts if at all possible.

There is nothing more racist than the war on drugs you support ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-18-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM

791 posts, read 461,017 times
[quote=Casper in Dallas;22598279]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
I see so many racist posts here on C-D, and most of them are directed to white folks. The race card has been overplayed to the point that it just doesn't wash any more.

quote]

Pure BS, lets see your data to prove such an outragous comment. Anyone with half a brain knows that nearly every racist comment made on this board is made by a whitie rightie. It will continue to wash, whether You like it or not, so long as the shoe fits. Here is a clue: don't post racist comments and no one will call you a racist, it really does work, trust me
OK Weinberger, pull up a post where I've said anything 'racist'. Go ahead, take your time, I've got all day!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Fair enough but I believe that in 2012 outright racism exists only in a small minority of people, and mostly older generations at that. If they want to be racist, let them. But they will suffer the consequences of public bigotry.

The way it stands now, you could be supporting a business that is racist or hates a whole group of people and not even know it.
If there were no laws prohibiting this, the bigots could be openly racist and exposed for who they are. Racism would likely die faster as people witness the social isolation and disdainment shown toward other bigots.

People should mold society. Government Laws and Mandates should NEVER mold society.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post

And I'd really be interested in seeing some evidence that Ron Paul "thinks it's OK to let someone w/o health insurance "just die". Do you think you could back that up with something other than your own opinion?
All right, I'll do something that you seldom see here on CD-I will admit I was wrong about that. Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul about what to do with uninsured people, and the audience said "let them die".

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die

Paul interjected to offer an explanation for how this was, more-or-less, the root choice of a free society. He added that communities and non-government institutions can fill the void that the public sector is currently playing.

Which is, of course, a fairy tale that would appeal to someone under 30 who thinks he will never be sick.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Racism is a dead belief system held onto by the elderly for the most part. The youth have become for the most part color blind except for maybe in some places deep in the south. Racism is an old persons disease, and there is nothing more wrong with having a racist sign in your front lawn than having a sign in your hand or front lawn that says "God kills **** dead" or "turn or burn sinner" or " if you don't believe in Jesus you will burn in hell forever" ...

Nothing so prejudiced and bigoted and hypocritical as that ...

You don't have a problem with racism or bigotry, you have a problem with liberty, in this case the freedom of speech and property rights. What you really want is a thought police that control our words and even our thoughts if at all possible.

There is nothing more racist than the war on drugs you support ...
Please show me a post where I said I support the war on drugs. I, too, have all day. Also stop with the personal attacks.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
[quote='Zona Stona;22598509]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
OK Weinberger, pull up a post where I've said anything 'racist'. Go ahead, take your time, I've got all day!
Please point out where I said YOU made one? You really do not read posts but instead assume you know what they say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections