Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
The Veterans saluted 1 second for each soldier that has died in combate or committed suicide since Obama has been Commander in Chief.
And they should have bowed their heads for all of the lives lost, military and civilian, due to the unwarranted war President Bush started in Iraq, and for those lives lost in Aftghanistan because W forgot about the struggle there in his family's personal crusade against Saddam Hussein. The active duty men/women who took part in the march ... if any actually did ... should face court martial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
And they should have bowed their heads for all of the lives lost, military and civilian, due to the unwarranted war President Bush started in Iraq, and for those lives lost in Aftghanistan because W forgot about the struggle there in his family's personal crusade against Saddam Hussein. The active duty men/women who took part in the march ... if any actually did ... should face court martial.
I agree with this to a point. That's cool that they want to support Ron Paul. Great. However, you do NOT take any action of protest against your Commander in Chief. It's the same as insubordination and is punishable by UCMJ.

How anyone can support this and *not* have a problem with it is beyond me. Shame on all these veterans and active duty members for doing this. They forgot the reason they signed up to begin with.

They choose to take action and salute or whatever for every second a suicide was committed during the Obama-era. Where were these fools during the Bush era? There were more suicides when Bush was in office than Obama.

Ron Paul supporters have no idea what a lost cause is when they see on. Truly, truly un-american.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Very impressive demonstration.

Everybody all over America is going to be talking about it at work tomorrow.
I work in a military installation. I am surrounded by contractors, GS, and military from all branches. I have not heard anybody mention it. I only knew about it because of this forum.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Very impressive demonstration.

Everybody all over America is going to be talking about it at work tomorrow.
Apparently I'm the only one that can detect sarcasm, haha.

You don't think it's a little odd that the march was covered by RT but not any MSM News outlets?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
I think it's a beautiful thing. Seeing all different forces joining in formation to state their objection and send a positive message.
I hadn't seen this video of them folding the flag.
Hundreds of veterans march, rally at White House for Ron Paul

Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post

How anyone can support this and *not* have a problem with it is beyond me. Shame on all these veterans and active duty members for doing this. They forgot the reason they signed up to begin with

I signed up to defend the Constitution. Did you take a different Oath? Did you forget what your Oath was about? My loyalty lies with the Constitution of he country. Anyone who has tried, successfully an unsuccessfully, to walk over it and dismiss is an enemy of this country to me. I am American and Patriotic but I am not blinded by the BS folk like you like to spout. it seems to be one of your favorite pastimes around here.

I am a Veteran and I have the right to protest, march peacefully, and exercise my free speech rights non violently as I see fit.

You got a problem with that? Too bad.

PS: the Constitution gives me the right to do all of the above. Seems like you are the one who did not take your Oath seriously as you think people like me should not protest.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 02-21-2012 at 11:23 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 11:30 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I work in a military installation. I am surrounded by contractors, GS, and military from all branches. I have not heard anybody mention it. I only knew about it because of this forum.

Maybe because there is a MSM black out on the event, and im sure that makes you perfectly happy.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:52 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I signed up to defend the Constitution. Did you take a different Oath? Did you forget what your Oath was about? My loyalty lies with the Constitution of he country. Anyone who has tried, successfully an unsuccessfully, to walk over it and dismiss is an enemy of this country to me. I am American and Patriotic but I am not blinded by the BS folk like you like to spout. it seems to be one of your favorite pastimes around here.

I am a Veteran and I have the right to protest, march peacefully, and exercise my free speech rights non violently as I see fit.

PS: the Constitution gives me the right to do all of the above. Seems like you are the one who did not take your Oath seriously as you think people like me should not protest.
Ah ha. Ah hahahahahahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man you're too funny. No no, I took the same oath to protect the Constitution. You just have a warped sense of that duty. I also swore to obey and protect the President of the United States of America, our Commander-in-Chief, fyi. Ya know, the highest ranking military official in the US military? Him? Wouldn't *you* protect your superiors no matter your personal opinion of them?

I never once said you didn't have the right to do any of that protesting stuff you love so much and I certainly don't have a problem with it. Nice straw man, by the way. You have clearly forgotten what you signed up for and are now just a puppet being played like a marionette by a politician who's fighting a losing battle. You would think, since ya know you claim to be Patriotic and American and all that hoo-rah-rah jazz, you ought to know better but clearly your passions have clouded your rational judgment. I feel sorry for you.

Thing is I did and still do take the Oath I took seriously. So much so that even though I'm out I still feel obligated to protect whoever the POTUS is, no matter what I may think of him. My sense of duty is something I won't soon forget, something that you seem to have thrown away and this country weeps because of it. You think that marching against the POTUS is Patriotic and American? In what way does protesting against (at one time) YOUR Commander-in-Chief dignify it as Patriotic and American?

Don't get me wrong, the actions you take are fine and well within your right to do so. I can respect that;however, what I do not and will not respect is the fact that you choose to forsake the Oath you took just to fulfill some political propaganda. I sincerely hope you are proud of yourself because you just spit on all the sacrifices that myself and many veterans before me have made in order to keep the rights and liberties you take for granted in this country.

America the beautiful. How she weeps for thee.

Myself? I just laugh at your ignorance:

Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Exactly ...

The Court of Military Appeals holds that "the justification for acts done pursuant to orders does not exist if the order was of such a nature that a man of ordinary sense and understanding would know it to be illegal."

If that is the case, and if the president of America is ordering military to do things that break international and national laws, such as torture and or water boarding (a crime that Japanese officers were executed for committing against American POW's at the end of world war 2, and which is considered a war crime under the Geneva conventions) assassination of protected peoples, murder of civilians, etc. ... he is in effect giving orders that should be refused.

Quote:
In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions: 1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
(b) Taking of hostages;
(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;
(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.
Article 3 of the third Geneva convention

Don't even get me started on the act of assassination and preemptive wars and acts of military aggression. If America continues down this path of military hegemony and global American police state tactics, when it inevitably comes down, US politicians and soldiers will be treated and tried as war criminals.

In reality, military aggression, and threats or acts of violence in order sway public opinion and or to persuade others for political and or social reasons, is the very definition of terrorism.

http://news.am/eng/news/73478.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/barnett/barnett30.1.html

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-21-2012 at 12:26 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 12:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Ah ha. Ah hahahahahahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man you're too funny. No no, I took the same oath to protect the Constitution. You just have a warped sense of that duty. I also swore to obey and protect the President of the United States of America, our Commander-in-Chief, fyi. Ya know, the highest ranking military official in the US military? Him? Wouldn't *you* protect your superiors no matter your personal opinion of them?
Like a lemming who doesn't know up from down. It is also your duty to disobey illegal orders. Protect them from what?

Quote:
I never once said you didn't have the right to do any of that protesting stuff you love so much and I certainly don't have a problem with it. Nice straw man, by the way. You have clearly forgotten what you signed up for and are now just a puppet being played like a marionette by a politician who's fighting a losing battle. You would think, since ya know you claim to be Patriotic and American and all that hoo-rah-rah jazz, you ought to know better but clearly your passions have clouded your rational judgment. I feel sorry for you.
Speaking of puppets. Hows our occupation of sovereign countries going sport? Guess it's okay to show no respect for property rights in other countries even though the foundation of our country is based on that. I feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Thing is I did and still do take the Oath I took seriously. So much so that even though I'm out I still feel obligated to protect whoever the POTUS is, no matter what I may think of him. My sense of duty is something I won't soon forget, something that you seem to have thrown away and this country weeps because of it. You think that marching against the POTUS is Patriotic and American? In what way does protesting against (at one time) YOUR Commander-in-Chief dignify it as Patriotic and American?
Ah ha. Ah hahahahahahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This country weeps because you put 2 and 2 together and got 1 million?
Where you a cheerleader in school?

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the actions you take are fine and well within your right to do so.
did you even read your own post? You flip flop in your own post.

Quote:
I can respect that;however, what I do not and will not respect is the fact that you choose to forsake the Oath you took just to fulfill some political propaganda. I sincerely hope you are proud of yourself because you just spit on all the sacrifices that myself and many veterans before me have made in order to keep the rights and liberties you take for granted in this country.
Get off your high horse and grab a clue on the way down. Occupying foreign nations and disregarding property rights is NOT a sacrifice for MY rights and liberties. My rights and liberties haven't been hurt by anyone in the Middle East. Not once. Poser mentality would think it was.

We aren't safer. Read up on the reasons we were attacked before spouting off nonsense while wrapped in the flag.

Quote:
America the beautiful. How she weeps for thee.
claps for the emmy winning performance.

Quote:
Myself? I just laugh at your ignorance:
your post is a definition of the word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections