Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,938,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
If thousands of active military marching on the White House, and turning their backs on the President doesn't wake a lot of people up to the realities of the direction our country has been heading, then their is truly no hope.
Keep in mind, these are ACTIVE military in uniform marching on the White House which is more than frowned upon. They are going to make sure that their voices are going to be heard.
Wake up people!!
» Veterans, Active Duty Soldiers To March On White House For Ron Paul Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

PS. Be sure to watch the very powerful 20 minute speech at the bottom. It actually put me in tears.
So they are supporting their own privatization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post

America the beautiful. How she weeps for thee.

Myself? I just laugh at your ignorance:

You mean America, land of the indebted and home of the cowards?

People like you who would willingly trade your freedoms for security - who would continue to vote for the same failed policies and the same failed politicians over and over again - all for some false sense of loyalty to some delusional imagining of what America is today? All the men and women who have died, and for what? What has become better for us over here because of the millions we are killing all over the world who never even attacked us?

Myself? I weep at your moral bankruptcy ...

Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Like a lemming who doesn't know up from down. It is also your duty to disobey illegal orders. Protect them from what?

Speaking of puppets. Hows our occupation of sovereign countries going sport? Guess it's okay to show no respect for property rights in other countries even though the foundation of our country is based on that. I feel sorry for you.

Ah ha. Ah hahahahahahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This country weeps because you put 2 and 2 together and got 1 million?
Where you a cheerleader in school?

did you even read your own post? You flip flop in your own post.

Get off your high horse and grab a clue on the way down. Occupying foreign nations and disregarding property rights is NOT a sacrifice for MY rights and liberties. My rights and liberties haven't been hurt by anyone in the Middle East. Not once. Poser mentality would think it was.

We aren't safer. Read up on the reasons we were attacked before spouting off nonsense while wrapped in the flag.

claps for the emmy winning performance.

your post is a definition of the word
Flip flop? No no. I have no problem with people doing what they want. My problems stem from the reason behind their actions. Try reading comprehension

And that's all you have to say? Really? Right. I doubt you have ever served so what do you know of the Oath that myself and KickAssArmyChick are arguing over? Please enlighten me.

Anyway, as with everyone else I run into problems with, your entire argument is laughable at best. As such I will give you an 'A' for effort and applaud you on a good attempt. It's the least I can do for you:

Old 02-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You mean America, land of the indebted and home of the cowards?

People like you who would willingly trade your freedoms for security - who would continue to vote for the same failed policies and the same failed politicians over and over again - all for some false sense of loyalty to some delusional imagining of what America is today? All the men and women who have died, and for what? What has become better for us over here because of the millions we are killing all over the world who never even attacked us?

Myself? I weep at your moral bankruptcy ...
Cute post. Wrong use of ellipsis at the end, though.

That's your opinion. Awesome.

Do I think this country is perfect? No. There's a song entitled 'America the beautiful', look it up sometime.

No the baseline when we get right down to it is that I don't care. It's people who are veterans and active duty militarty that support the willful disobedience of the POTUS, who's the CiC mind you, that I have an issue with. Apparently, people can't accept someone who has a sense of morality and what it means to be, as funny as this is because I don't consider myself one, a true Patriot and American.

I shake my head at the ignorance these folk exude. It's saddening.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
If thousands of active military marching on the White House, and turning their backs on the President doesn't wake a lot of people up to the realities of the direction our country has been heading, then their is truly no hope.

Keep in mind, these are ACTIVE military in uniform marching on the White House which is more than frowned upon. They are going to make sure that their voices are going to be heard.

Wake up people!!

» Veterans, Active Duty Soldiers To March On White House For Ron Paul Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

PS. Be sure to watch the very powerful 20 minute speech at the bottom. It actually put me in tears.

Wasn't this supposed to happen yesterday?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Cute post. Wrong use of ellipsis at the end, though.

That's your opinion. Awesome.

Do I think this country is perfect? No. There's a song entitled 'America the beautiful', look it up sometime.

No the baseline when we get right down to it is that I don't care. It's people who are veterans and active duty militarty that support the willful disobedience of the POTUS, who's the CiC mind you, that I have an issue with. Apparently, people can't accept someone who has a sense of morality and what it means to be, as funny as this is because I don't consider myself one, a true Patriot and American.

I shake my head at the ignorance these folk exude. It's saddening.
Did the forefathers rebel against their commander in chief when they declared independence? Why did the forefathers declare independence? For what reasons would a similar resistance be warranted today in your opinion?

If you cant answer these questions honestly, then you have no right talking about patriotism, regardless of whatever service you may have given in what you believe to be for the benefit of this nation. Doing whatever youre told by BIG government is not what patriotism is about ...

I know exactly where people like you get your tactics from ...

Quote:
Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.
Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.
Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. From: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Hermann_G%C3%B6ring

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-21-2012 at 01:13 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Did the forefather rebel against their commander in chief when they declared independence?
Fair enough. I'll do my best to answer these for you. As for this one, there was no commander-in-chief back then, so the question answers itself;however, since that's a cop out, I'll actually answer it. The forefathers rebelled against a King who sought to keep them under monarchy rule hundreds of miles away in England. I don't need to remind you of the reasons (since to be honest I don't know them off the top of my head but with a little research I very well could tell you) why the forefathers committed high treason (as it was seen at the time) to declare independence from a kingdom that was suffocated them.

Quote:
Why did the forefathers declare independence? Under what auspices would a similar resistance be warranted today in your opinion?

They declared independence because, as noted above, they were being suffocated and mistreated by a king hundreds of miles away. There were unfair taxes, unfair laws, mistreatment of colonial citizens and royal edicts that were just too severe to let go unanswered. The way a similar resistance can be warranted today, in my opinion (which ought to tell you I may not necessarily be correct) is a similar situation: a monarchy ruling a colony hundreds of miles away that pushes them to their breaking point with unfair decrees and edicts until revolution is the only answer.

As it applies to America today, that simply isn't the case and there are no similarities to be made between the Revolutionary War and today's political climate.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I'll do my best to answer these for you. As for this one, there was no commander-in-chief back then, so the question answers itself;however, since that's a cop out, I'll actually answer it. The forefathers rebelled against a King who sought to keep them under monarchy rule hundreds of miles away in England. I don't need to remind you of the reasons (since to be honest I don't know them off the top of my head but with a little research I very well could tell you) why the forefathers committed high treason (as it was seen at the time) to declare independence from a kingdom that was suffocated them.

In a phrase, the reasons were "taxation without representation" ... And all the implications that come with it concerning the rule of BIG government, tyranny, and the desire for a government of the people and by the people, which is held accountable to the people, and not the other way around. Many of the same reasons that people today are rising up in defiance of the status quo system which is steering this nation off a cliff economically and into world war 3 militarily ...

Quote:
They declared independence because, as noted above, they were being suffocated and mistreated by a king hundreds of miles away. There were unfair taxes, unfair laws, mistreatment of colonial citizens and royal edicts that were just too severe to let go unanswered. The way a similar resistance can be warranted today, in my opinion (which ought to tell you I may not necessarily be correct) is a similar situation: a monarchy ruling a colony hundreds of miles away that pushes them to their breaking point with unfair decrees and edicts until revolution is the only answer.

As it applies to America today, that simply isn't the case and there are no similarities to be made between the Revolutionary War and today's political climate.
The reason for a similar (non-violent, as Gandhi and others have proved is the best method) resistance today is tyranny ... The dissolution of our rights. The taxation of the people against their will through printing money and hyper inflation and the devaluation of the currency which ultimately is the method by which the international bankers are stealing the wealth of the American people under the protection of the politicians who are sworn to protect the constitution and the bill of rights that they are systematically destroying and to defend the lives and best interests of the American people whom they are systematically selling out ... the perpetual illegal wars ... All reasons for the present revolution.

The fact that you are ignoring the obvious destruction of our Democratic constitutional Republic proves you to be nothing more that a poser who gives lip service to freedom and patriotism, but who ultimately serves the destruction of the very things you pretend to represent and are sworn to defend ... Or maybe, like you wrote previously, you really don't care one way or the other?

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

I wont be silent, regardless of how people like you seek to ridicule us for speaking out and daring to challenge the powers that be and the status quo policies that have all but destroyed this nation from within.

And let me repeat where your tactics come from ...

Quote:
Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.
Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.
Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. From: Hermann Göring - Wikiquote

Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Or maybe, like you wrote previously, you really don't care one way or the other?
You'd be right. I really couldn't careless since we're gonna survive one way or the other. I just have a problem with the reasoning behind it and honestly? I'm offended that my fellow veterans and active duty military would march against their Commander in Chief. No matter what the reason is and how you want to spin it, they all are breaking the Oath they took up. Shame on them.

Quote:
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

I wont be silent, regardless of how people like you seek to ridicule us for speaking out and daring to challenge the powers that be and the status quo policies that have all but destroyed this nation from within.
There's a difference between ridicule and informing. Apparently they are one in the same to you. Speak out all you want! It's your American right, which I defended for 4 years of my life and now my duty to this country is done. Your reasons for protesting and speaking out are warped, mind you, but do what you feel you need to do.

You asked me for my opinion and I indulged you and gave you as such. God forbid that someone else speaks up against you because then they *must* be against the USA, right? They must be for the detriment and destruction of this great nation, correct?

Please. It's just asinine how you preach this and that and fail to realize you're just playing into the Republican propaganda by supporting the insubordination of a military to it's Command in Chief.

How you reason yourself to find that justifiable is beyond me. It's enough to make me bang my head into a wall.

Oh wait:

Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Very impressive demonstration.

Everybody all over America is going to be talking about it at work tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Apparently I'm the only one that can detect sarcasm, haha.
I was being sarcastic.

Quite frankly the turn-out was insignificant by Washington DC standards. It was NOT "The Million Man March." I'll wager more people showed up in Washington's little Chinatown neighborhood for the Chinese New Year parade a couple of weeks before. In 2010 Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert held a March and Rally that drew 200,000.

In April of 2006, Hispanics protested a proposed law in Congress about immigration in no fewer than 105 cities around the country with crowds like 350,000 in Dallas and 300,000 in Chicago. New York's Gay Pride celebration of the legalization of same-sex marriage got 400,000 people that's 50 blocks long.

This is not meant to criticize Dr. Paul or his message, nor to dismiss the passion and commitment his supporters feel about this election. Ron Paul is a very savvy politician and an extremely intelligent man with some original ideas ... he is doing better than I anticipated so far in this election cycle.

If I was a supporter of Dr. Paul I would be pleased that these men and women demonstrated their support; but seriously, folks ... it's nothing to have an orgasm over. I predict this demonstration will be forgotten in a few days. More significant is how well he does in the Michigan primary next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections