Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 02:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Sheesh this is the exact simpleton logic that leads the pervasive straw man attacks by you guys that I mentioned in previous post. In fact this statement is a better silly caricature than the one I made up to mock.

Few people have the opportunity to vote for a government officials who align exactly 100% with them down the line on every issue and you know it. The people idolizing Ron Paul who would agree if he said 1+1=3 are the exception, not the norm. Whoever the general election comes I'm quite sure I could name many things I don't support from either candidate, but I'm going to a voting booth on election day and exercising my right to vote in one direction or the other.

You accusing Katiana of supporting a position on the war against drugs without her even stating one, just because you assume she at some point voted for someone who did, is absurd.
Thank you. You said it better than I could have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Sheesh this is the exact simpleton logic that leads the pervasive straw man attacks by you guys that I mentioned in previous post. In fact this statement is a better silly caricature than the one I made up to mock.
People mock what they don't understand.

Quote:
Few people have the opportunity to vote for a government officials who align exactly 100% with them down the line on every issue and you know it.
No one has mentioned that so why bring it up since it is a meaningless accusation.
Ron Paul, the man you are against since you believe in government control when it is for your cause, has said many times because someone doesn't agree with you 20 percent of the time they are not your enemy.

Quote:
Whoever the general election comes I'm quite sure I could name many things I don't support from either candidate, but I'm going to a voting booth on election day and exercising my right to vote in one direction or the other.
Many things? lol You got the wrong candidate. Look for consistency and always defending freedom and liberty instead of allowing government to control things. Unless you're in the 1 percent. At least it would make sense since you'd be looking out for your best interest.
We didn't fight a revolution over British Monarchy so OUR kings could rule.

The most important issue on the minds of people is the economy, jobs.
How did it work out in the long run when government tried to control the economy through real estate? More people are waking up and understanding the business cycle and how government creates the booms and busts and the busts are always worse than the booms. It was the same game government played during the dotcom boom and bust.
So now the smart ones who want to profit from this control game government plays, get in early and get out early. Nothing long term.

So spare me the drivel about Ron Paul being a bad choice. When it comes to the economy none of the other candidates showed up until after the fact. Ron Paul told us from day one that meddling with the free market by lowering lending standards would cause a collapse. He was one of the few that voiced that opinion. But mob rule is what we're about right?

And guess how Ron Paul is going to create jobs? By staying out of the way for the most part and letting the people decide through their purchasing power who the winners and losers will be. Unlike government we don't crown winners and losers through bailouts.

That same type of government control told the lower and middle class they would benefit by having equity with the Housing lending regulations. Guess what? The lower and middle class had their equity wiped out. oh sure lets let those people be in charge again, right?
You treat the cause, not the symptom. The cause yet again, was government meddling in the free market to the benefit of their rich buddies as always. Keep the Federal Government out of the job creation business,

But you're against this, right?
WAKE UP!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So, no military service then?

Interesting.

I'm not running for office, and there has not been a single war that America has fought since i was born that was righteous or moral or even justifiable. I am a firm believer in non-violence, though not a pacifist. I only believe in violence as a last resort and for the purpose of defense. Therefore i morally and conscientiously object to all the wars America has fought in all the time i have lived. The last morally justifiable war America fought was ww2 ... And even that should have been handled entirely differently.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-18-2012 at 06:29 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
People mock what they don't understand.
No, they mock that which they find ridiculous, see your next quote below:

Quote:
since you believe in government control when it is for your cause
Another fine example of the childish debating tactic I'm talking about. One doesn't have to make up funny examples you guys just keep serving 'em up.

Quote:
So spare me the drivel about Ron Paul being a bad choice.
When did I say that? I see you are going for the straw-man trifecta in a single post.

Quote:
But you're against this, right?
Why are you bothering to ask? You just state other people's opinions for them, I'm sure in your bizarre angle of perception I'm against whatever you are lecturing positively about, and for whatever you are railing against. Why do you even bother to come on the forum, you should just take a whiteboard and write down things to argue against since you don't actually require other people saying them to attack them.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Few people have the opportunity to vote for a government officials who align exactly 100% with them down the line on every issue and you know it. The people idolizing Ron Paul who would agree if he said 1+1=3 are the exception, not the norm. Whoever the general election comes I'm quite sure I could name many things I don't support from either candidate, but I'm going to a voting booth on election day and exercising my right to vote in one direction or the other.

You accusing Katiana of supporting a position on the war against drugs without her even stating one, just because you assume she at some point voted for someone who did, is absurd.

I simply recognize that the way that people vote reflects their real stances. I hear people giving lip service to ideas all the time but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is, they always end up finding some excuse to go the other way.

Every president and most of the candidates we have had in or running for office for decades now and especially since 9/11 have had the same policies as the ones before them. All the talk on the campaign trail amounts for the most part to, "i'm the lesser of evils" ... But their policies are all the same. Same monetary and fiscal policies, same war centric/nation building foreign policies, same "sacrifice your liberty for security" domestic policies. The last one who dared actually try to change things was assassinated in broad daylight and in front of the world on international television here in my own home town ...

And you keep voting for the same candidates that represent the same things and every time one comes up who is really different and wants to really change things, you call them Crazy and unelectable ... Well that is what we call a self fulfilling prophecy, and the fact is though many Americans claim to be distrustful and dissatisfied with the government, they overwhelmingly continue to vote the same type people into power who we all know will continue the same failed policies. Here is a hint, "the emperor has no clothes!" ... Wake up!

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-18-2012 at 06:31 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I simply recognize that the way that people vote reflects their real stances.
Yes I agree, but how often do you think she's had the opportunity to cast a vote for a candidate that was for ending the war on drugs? She probably hasn't, so regardless of her personal feelings on the issue she's got to cast a vote given the options in front of her on the ballot card. So announcing what her position is on the subject based on your assumptions about her voting history then attacking that opinion (which you yourself created) seems a bit off.

Let's stick to discussing what people say, not what we say for them.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Yes I agree, but how often do you think she's had the opportunity to cast a vote for a candidate that was for ending the war on drugs? She probably hasn't, so regardless of her personal feelings on the issue she's got to cast a vote given the options in front of her on the ballot card. So announcing what her position is on the subject based on your assumptions about her voting history then attacking that opinion (which you yourself created) seems a bit off.

Let's stick to discussing what people say, not what we say for them.

That smack dont fly Slack ... You have all had plenty of chances, and you have another right in front of you. And from all appearences, you will fail yet again to make the right decisions and necessary changes in order to solve the problems facing this nation and the world at large, and your time is running out. Continuing to support and promote the status quo in spite of the fact that you all know there is something terribly wrong with the system and the way things are headed is tantamount to complicity, and ignorance is no excuse. Change, or suffer the consequences ...

Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You got that right.
Why? Because they don't believe in the same thing you do?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-19-2012 at 04:26 AM..

Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That smack dont fly Slack ... You have all had plenty of chances, and you have another right in front of you.
I disagree, I doubt anyone has had plenty of chances to vote for anyone who is for ending the drug war and you know it.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
No, they mock that which they find ridiculous, see your next quote below:

Another fine example of the childish debating tactic I'm talking about. One doesn't have to make up funny examples you guys just keep serving 'em up.

When did I say that? I see you are going for the straw-man trifecta in a single post.

Why are you bothering to ask? You just state other people's opinions for them, I'm sure in your bizarre angle of perception I'm against whatever you are lecturing positively about, and for whatever you are railing against. Why do you even bother to come on the forum, you should just take a whiteboard and write down things to argue against since you don't actually require other people saying them to attack them.
Oh sure according to you Ron Pauls a good choice its just that he has a bunch of bad ideas. People aren't stupid you just think they are.
Keep repeating the absurd straw man garbage since you refuse to answer my posts directly.
You have little knowledge on the economy. That much is obvious from the lack of addressing that issue on your post. It's not hard to figure out if one takes off the agenda filled blinders. The number issue at election time should be a concern to all voters I'd think.
Government manipulated the free market in the housing industry by bits and pieces and built up the artificial boom only to see it crash and burn, as always. Big government is consistent at least. But no biggie to you right? Nothing to see here mundanes move along.

Do some research. Quit supporting big government control it doesn't work in the long run. The economy is proof. All these smart people either don't care or they don't know how to run your life. Why let them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections