Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:40 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Keep going this is a riot.

I love how you are the one complaining about insults.
LOL

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of heads exploding around here come November.

Oh, well, after President Obama's re-election, they can always turn to their great white hope - Orly Taitz - to keep wasting time, money, and resources trying to prove that he is ineligible to even be president.

OBAMA 2012 !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Actually we are still in the Bush/Obama depression 2007-20?? and there is no sign of things getting better any time soon. Gas prices are expected to reach $5-6 this summer and then that happens all he!! will break lose in this country.
You guys do realize that at some point you have to address actual reality, and not run solely on 'reality' as it exists inside the delusional right wing bubble, right? At least, you do if you want to have any shot at winning the election.

You can't simply ignore private sector hiring. You can't ignore our GDP returning to positive growth. You can't actually claim Obama has imposed a taxation and regulatory nightmare when the stimulus was largely tax cuts. You can't insist that healthcare costs have spiraled out of control as a result of healthcare reform, when we have data that shows that didn't happen. Those things work inside the bubble, but the election isn't being held inside the bubble.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:06 PM

840 posts, read 781,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of heads exploding around here come November.

Oh, well, after President Obama's re-election, they can always turn to their great white hope - Orly Taitz - to keep wasting time, money, and resources trying to prove that he is ineligible to even be president.

OBAMA 2012 !!!
Yep. I already said since the Republicrat party wants Romney who is just a white Obama we will be seeing Obama serve another term...Not what I want to see but the republicrats are just so damn hard headed to listen to reason and nominate someone who is really gonna change things for the better and can actually beat Obama.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
After Obama saved us from the Bush Depression of 2007-2009, I don't know how anyone can even entertain voting for anyone else in November.
Care to explain this?

$15 Trillion debt - obama added $5 Trillion all by himself, in 3 1/2 years.

$1.3+ Trillion Deficits for the last 4 years.

$1.80/ gal of gas to $3.50+++/gal gas...in 3 1/2 years.

UE of ***8.3%*** (but ONLY because the BLS lopped off MILLIONS of workers, 1.2 million for January alone).

Obamacare - the MOTHER of all disasters.

Oh, GM - which owes the taxpayers $25 BILLION. The company was given to the union, the original investors/creditors were screwed by obama.

I could go on and on and on and on.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:58 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,481 times
It's called the Great Recession. He didn't cause it. Pretty easy explanation that you seem to want to ignore in every one one of your posts.

FYI, POTUS doesn't control oil prices.

Yup, GM owes money. 1.5M jobs saved during the biggest economic disaster in 100 years. Best money this country has spent in a long time. The original owners invested in a failing public company as did the creditors. Obama has nothing to do with that.

It's cloudy outside today. Did Obama do that too?

The quality of the partisan arguments is even less in here than it is in the regular Politics forum. Can you guys at least put forward something that takes some thought for me here? I mean destroying each argument here is just too simple.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-19-2012 at 05:47 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
I am voting for Obama, and no I am not an Obamabot - whatever that is. There are some things I like about him and some things I disagree. The present candidates running on the Republican ticket are a bunch of clowns. Seriously ... me vote for Santorum, Gingrich, Romney ....? No way! Maybe if Huntsman was running.

To the Obama-haters out there: while I do not pretend to have a crystal ball nor can I predict the future, I assure you that your fantasies of a huge rejection of Obama and a landslide victory for the GOP candidate ain't gonna happen. My gut feeling is Obama will win.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:02 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,024 times
No way. He is just a empty suit banker puppet who has been caught saying the bankers didn't commit any crimes, while they try to sweep the entire financial crisis and acts of financial terrorism under the rug.

Obama Grabs His Ankles For Wall St-Gate Keeper Matt Taibbi Covers - YouTube

Old 02-19-2012, 05:50 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,860 times
vote for obama so he can give the rest of the country away without a fight.

Report: Obama Administration Is Giving Away 7 Strategic Islands to Russia | The Gateway Pundit

The State Department has undertaken the giveaway in the guise of a maritime boundary agreement between Alaska and Siberia. Astoundingly, OUR federal government itself drew the line to put these seven Alaskan islands on the Russian side. But as an executive agreement, it could be reversed with the stroke of a pen by President Obama or Secretary Clinton.

The agreement was negotiated in total secrecy. The state of Alaska was not allowed to participate in the negotiations, nor was the public given any opportunity for comment. This is despite the fact the Alaska Legislature has passed resolutions of opposition – but the State Department doesn’t seem to care. (end quote)

we really don't need any more of this president.

bad for jobs.
bad for american autonomy.
bad for the economy.
bad for immigration control.
bad for foreign policy.

warmonger.

oh, and thanks to matt taibbi for being a true investigative reporter in a time when the skill has virtually disappeared.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:54 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
vote for obama so he can give the rest of the country away without a fight.

Report: Obama Administration Is Giving Away 7 Strategic Islands to Russia | The Gateway Pundit

we really don't need any more of this president.

bad for jobs.
bad for america.
bad for the economy.
bad for immigration control.
bad for foreign policy.

warmonger.

thanks to matt taibbi for being a true investigative reporter in a time when the craft has virtually disappeared.
ROFLMAO

You cannot have it both ways.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
ROFLMAO

You cannot have it both ways.
how would that be having it both ways?

seems like the US always gets nothing-for all our foreign aid, for all our wars, for all our "negotiations" done in secret.

how much is gas now?

what freedom have we bought?

what have we gained with all our dead soldiers sent over by a thoughtless president? our president let their bodies be dumped in a landfill, so i don't think we are winning anything anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections