Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,388,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
If these are truly your words and feelings, I suggest you seek professional help. I am not speaking in jest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
America was done after Lincoln commited mass murder in order to preserve his union.

Hmmm...most posters would have written "our union," since Lincoln didn't
found it. Curious choice of words.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
First off it is obvious that you did not pen that yourself. Secondly, you speak of armed rebellion to overthrow the legally elected government of the United States of America, which sir means you are no Patriot, but instead it makes you a Traitor to this Nation and it's People. Any time you and your fellows want to start that war of freedom please feel free to start, the rest of us Americans are waiting for ya.

No kidding! The OP even plagiarized Jefferson...blatantly! I love the way you defend our freedom from attempts at tyranny, old friend.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
In response to those who think America can be reformed or fixed in the democratic process hilter was ELECTED in democracy I am confused how police state messures, monitoring everyone, and patriot act on CITIZENS is considered OK.
If 60% of the nation says and votes to have ObamaCare what is the 40% going to do.
Hell if the president says because of economic disaster he declares marshal law in the next few years what do you think will really happen. I think maybe people think Freedoms some how come back by votes. I havent seen any liberties returned to the PEOPLE since al the laws we have created to have more dependency.
If the government says we are going to raise your taxes 15% more to pay for this system, congress doesn't even read the bills and or let the public read them. Over time we MUST DISCUSS THE ROLE OF GOVERNMENT I love these people who talk like social programs are the solution to anything yet have YET DON'T WORK and or BROKE and they only work because you are getting the benefits.
We have 70 trillion dollars in entitlements coming in the next 15 years where is that money going to come from? I think to suggest this nation is done and a armed revolution will be need to restore a failing government will be a requirement even if you don't think it will happen.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
No kidding! The OP even plagiarized Jefferson...blatantly! I love the way you defend our freedom from attempts at tyranny, old friend.

Ahhh yes clearly plagiarized.. read the follow up to MR Casper on this topic from me. the only quote that was take was jefferson at the end and he claims I didnt write the entire thing. If you live in America and dont know this is a quote from Jefferson your pointing out nothing most AMERICANS KNOW! I have no reason to quote "Jefferson" its common knowledge. If it will make you feel like your standing up for liberty over tyranny and looking for the new mark levin book you will be happy.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:52 PM

Casper is the typical American. Built on dependency, built on a system what works for the generations of retired, social security collecting, social values that America brainwashed in the 50 and 60's generation. Everything is fine some how. I am 38 years old. I have been playing into your Social Security checks for all my working life. Do you know what I will see from all that money I spent to this government program? NOTHING! Because its BROKE! Now you can all that just the way government works, maybe you can all that democracy. Though I don't remember a time when the day your are born that a number is assigned to you, it tracks you, the IRS uses it for income taxes, and the government makes sure you pay into something to support a BROKE policy of wealth dependancy. While they spend money they dont have, bailout their buddies and think its ok to WORSHIP the AMERICA of the past where these programs and tax programs GIVE YOU SOMETHING in return. A traitor to America is the only Patriot for any system in place the enslaves its people to a government control of generations, other nations wars, and spending and lying corrupt people in washington.

I want less government in peoples lives am I traitor to the constitution? Or has the American people traded security for less freedom and called it good government.

Since you complain that I used a thomas jefferson quote... it seems to me Jefferson has no issue with rebellion and in fact he EVEN SAYS GOD FORBID it should be every 20 years.

Since I will quote jefferson here.. pointing to another new form of GOVERNMENT when they have been destructive to our liberty, life and pursuit of happiness.

"
[SIZE=-1]We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"[/SIZE]

Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM

359 posts, read 329,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
A traitor to America is the only Patriot for any system in place the enslaves its people to a government control of generations, other nations wars, and spending and lying corrupt people in washington.
You seem pretty dedicated. What were you preaching around the 2001-2009 period of time?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM

359 posts, read 329,589 times
I'm reading some of your other posts, you talk BIG WORDS. Can you follow them up with BIG ACTIONS?

I wonder...

Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood912 View Post
You seem pretty dedicated. What were you preaching around the 2001-2009 period of time?
SAME THING! Find some old posts from 2007 or 2008 ! I didnt find this website until then.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood912 View Post
I'm reading some of your other posts, you talk BIG WORDS. Can you follow them up with BIG ACTIONS?

I wonder...
If the time happens and this nation runs to economic disaster and chaos and the government comes to start taking people away to "protect them" like they did in new orleans and fema nonsense use excessive force actions will be words.
Before any thing was done in our revolution someone said alot of words to WARN, try and change course but many englishmen continued the course of britians rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections