Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 08:21 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If she is so UNimportant, why does the media keep putting her on TV? wasn't she on in 2008 also?

The left acts like she is just someone brought in from the street,
She is a threat so they must attack. Does not matter if it is true they are hoping that the lies will stick like they did with Palin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Do YOU know if they didn't?

Most middle class couples didn't have that situation until this last recession either.

The Romneys' first son, Tagg, was born in 1970[39] while the Romneys were undergraduates at Brigham Young[46] and living in a basement apartment.[31][38] Ann subsequently gave birth to Matt (1971), Josh (1975), Ben (1978), and Craig (1981).[39] Ann Romney's work as a homemaker would enable her husband to pursue his career.[

Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Living in a basement apartment doesn't look like living the rich life to me.
Oh but it is just ask a libby....... They will say it was a luxurious apt and they had expensive things that cost thousands and thousands of dollars and they h ad mercedes and Cadillacs for cars

Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Do YOU know if they didn't?

Most middle class couples didn't have that situation until this last recession either.

The Romneys' first son, Tagg, was born in 1970[39] while the Romneys were undergraduates at Brigham Young[46] and living in a basement apartment.[31][38] Ann subsequently gave birth to Matt (1971), Josh (1975), Ben (1978), and Craig (1981).[39] Ann Romney's work as a homemaker would enable her husband to pursue his career.[

Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Living in a basement apartment doesn't look like living the rich life to me.
A "basement apartment" could mean anything. LOL

It sure as hell doesn't have to mean squalor - not when they were living off an estimated $60,000 in stock dividends over a five year period. $12,000 a year in the late sixties was damn good money for "struggling" college students.

Plus, someone earlier today posted a link to a story about how Mittens' father bought them a house. I'll have to see if I can find that.

The bottom line is they both came from very privileged families and they most certainly weren't "on their own" - unless you can provide proof that both families cut them off and told them to "sink or swim."

Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
"Ann Romney has been married to a millionaire most of her adult life".

You will have to post some facts to back up your clam.

They got married in 1967. I don't believe he was a millionaire at the time. (I could be wrong and am willing to accept that if it I have the wrong info).

His first big success was in 1986 with Staples.

That looks like to me they were married for 20 years or so before he became successful.

AND, they had 5 kids in that 20 year period.
Romney was a consultant in the 70's, I don't think he had to worry much about money as the son of a governor and his fathers close connections to Nixon. No record what happended before Bain bit I don't think they were stuggling middle class.

Hillary Rosen went too far criticizing Ann Romney as no one who ever worked, Romney was stating that he was seeking economic advice from his wife.

The president, his wife, Hillary Clinton couldn't apologize fast enough even though this was just one supporter. The republicans grabbed hold of this as they are losing the election as far as women.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:40 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
After insult Romney hits back with lightning speed | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Wouldn't insulting all working mothers be a 'war on women' who work at being mothers...lol? The Obama campaign isn't running against John McCain this time around. They are going to have to sharpen up their game quite a bit.
She doesn't work for the Obama campaign.

Nonetheless, her statement reflects her age. I don't say this as excuse- no excuse- she is in the game and she messed up. I guess she never heard the mantra- Every mother is a working mother.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
She doesn't work for the Obama campaign.

Nonetheless, her statement reflects her age. I don't say this as excuse- no excuse- she is in the game and she messed up. I guess she never heard the mantra- Every mother is a working mother.
I don't think it reflects her age at all because there are stay-at-home mothers her same age. Many women her age do not despise mothers who raise children.

It reflects the extreme antagonism the liberals have for families and mothers especially.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
If there's anybody who can properly be designated as stupid throughout this brouhaha, Ms. Rosen is it.

Her insinuation that being a stay-at-home mom is as easy as breathing is an insult to all females, regardless of their income!!!

Nothing like ticking off all of the soccer moms and millions of American women who drive our economy.

Yet another black eye for the Obama worshippers.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think it reflects her age at all because there are stay-at-home mothers her same age. Many women her age do not despise mothers who raise children.

It reflects the extreme antagonism the liberals have for families and mothers especially.
Well, I am a liberal woman that had the opportunity to be a SAHM. I was a SAHM nursing my first child while the president of a local NOW chapter many years ago. When in the business world, I hired a number of SAHMs that were reentering the workforce, BC their transferable skills were many. So please don't paint with such a broad brush.

The SAHM vs working-outside-the-home-mom issue transcends political bent. And, I think we can all agree, it is sad.

My point about Rosen's age (which I did not make clearly) is that the term "working outside the home" has seemed to vanish. Instead, we are back to using - working VS non-working. Women that stay home to raise their children ARE working- they are just not "working outside the home".

Every mother is a working mother!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Just wondering who watches Rosen's kids? Illegal alien nanny?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
If there's anybody who can properly be designated as stupid throughout this brouhaha, Ms. Rosen is it.

Her insinuation that being a stay-at-home mom is as easy as breathing is an insult to all females, regardless of their income!!!

Nothing like ticking off all of the soccer moms and millions of American women who drive our economy.

Yet another black eye for the Obama worshippers.
You know, I didn't take her comment that way at all. I didn't take it as her insulting stay at home moms. I took it as Anne Romney, being so wealthy, she couldn't identify with struggling stay at home moms because she didn't struggle. Well, that was my take on it. But of course the republicans had to do something to try to get the female vote so why not make this a big deal It's news right now but it won't work in the long run.
When you have republicans like Gov Walker repealing the equal pay law for women.....then republicans have problems. A comment from some democrat women who doesn't even matter won't deter women from the real issues confronting us. Yes of course some will but the independents won't fall for it. Sorry, no black eye for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections