Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 08:52 AM

31,297 posts, read 20,813,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Does the fact that it's true mean anything? She apparently never has had to work. That's not a condemnation, just a fact.
No, it's not just a fact. And it's not true anyway. She worked at raising children. Work is not just for pay. Ask any stay at home mom.

And it was a condemnation. A condemnation of her credibility as a woman who has raised five children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,878,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No, it's not just a fact. And it's not true anyway. She worked at raising children. Work is not just for pay. Ask any stay at home mom.

And it was a condemnation. A condemnation of her credibility as a woman who has raised five children.
Exactly. And feminists against women making their own choices in life. Rosen depises Ann Romney because Romney chose to be a mother and raise her kids.

What else was the purpose in attacking the wife of the candidate? Was it just easier to go after the wife?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,913,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

It was a condemnation of Mrs. Romney's suitability to speak to how economic concerns impact the average woman/mother in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. And feminists against women making their own choices in life. Rosen depises Ann Romney because Romney chose to be a mother and raise her kids.
Feminists are nothing of the sort. IMO, the only reason this has become a working vs. SAHM battle is to try to draw some of the "women's vote" (again, as if this was a homogeneous construct) away from Obama who (I believe) still holds a double digit lead over Romney in this population. If Romney wants the "women's vote" then I suggest he do something with his proposed policies to earn it. If Obama wants to keep the "women's vote," I suggest he do the same.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,053,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Most women, IMO, are smart enough not to fall for this GOP attempt to polarize the female vote (as if that was a homogeneous construct). If the GOP want my vote, they have to earn it, just like the Democrats. Less rhetoric and more action from both parties would be nice.
Funny, not a peep about the dem "war on women" meme manufactured by the democrats.

As I said previously...connect the dots...Rosen was SENT out to float this attack, to see where it would go.

As a woman, she can say things the obama/biden and their male minions cannot.

So they got their answer.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,913,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Funny, not a peep about the dem "war on women" meme manufactured by the democrats.

As I said previously...connect the dots...Rosen was SENT out to float this attack, to see where it would go.

Both parties can easily be accused of playing games; I'm equal-opportunity in my distrust of politicians. In this one instance, turning Rosen's comment into a "but Democrats despise SAHMs" argument falls on the GOP. Also, I hardly think the Democrats are looking to alienate a segment of women voters, whether through the WH or your theory of sending a minion. Why do you propose they would do such a thing?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,053,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do YOU know if they didn't?

Most middle class couples didn't have that situation until this last recession either.

The Romneys' first son, Tagg, was born in 1970[39] while the Romneys were undergraduates at Brigham Young[46] and living in a basement apartment.[31][38] Ann subsequently gave birth to Matt (1971), Josh (1975), Ben (1978), and Craig (1981).[39] Ann Romney's work as a homemaker would enable her husband to pursue his career.[

Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Living in a basement apartment doesn't look like living the rich life to me.
Oh...the idle rich slackers...a basement apartment. How dare they flaunt their wealth at such a young age.

Suffice it to say that not one lefty on here knows the history of Mitt and Ann.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:28 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,587,018 times
ROADKING----Bravo!!!!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 AM

6,456 posts, read 7,033,704 times
I don't know how anyone can deny the hypocrisy here. If Romney or any Republican ever said anything remotely similar to what Hilary Rosen said--Romney would lose 100% of the female vote during this upcoming election. Heck, Republicans probably wouldn't recover for the next 3 elections for both the Senate, the House or the executive.

As for Democrats? There's a lot of excuse making, and tolerence being pushed now. It will slowly but surely be swept under the rug in the next few months. If Romney or the Repubs had any guts, they would seize this opportunity to build momentum with the female voter base. He needs to visit and give speeches at a few 7-sister colleges and introduce an idea to a law that would be progressive enough to help women out in the work place. The base may not like it, but if he expects to grab some of the female vote to compete, they are going to have to sharpen a few edges and this is the perfect opportunity to do so.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,229,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

What else was the purpose in attacking the wife of the candidate? Was it just easier to go after the wife?

The core of feminism is that women can make CHOICES that are best for them--not that they all have to work, or as in the past, they all have to stay home. Good grief...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:44 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,490,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I think I heard Rosen was the one who coined the GOP War on Women phrase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections