Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 03:57 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,993,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
First off I do not see how saying someone has ever worked a day in their life is ttacking someone, that is unless the person is ashamed of what they have done with heir life?
That said, I am against going after someones family, stick to the issues and only the issues. I would also say that I find it interesting that someone from the right would be "outraged" over this since we all know how they have treated the families of Dems for many years now, this thread smells of Hypocracy.

Like a pack of wild dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
These threads are hilarious! Both of them should really be titled:

"Repugs Finally Realized Their War on Women has been Brought to the Forefront, Is Losing Them Votes, and Now, since they can't defend their miserable record, are lashing out like spoiled two-year-olds.""

Fun to watch them spittin' and asputterin' , trying to do their
"""Ya, but, but, but some Democrat somewhere said something that might be an attack on women if we twist it and spin it enough and make ourselves look really stupid and desperate!!!"""
Did they forget about Mr. Probe? Bashing Pro-choice and what? Now that Gov in Arizona just signed something ..... past day, don't they know what that was? they don't know when to quit, women are not fools.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:05 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,962,244 times
Negatively engaging spouses and/or children is generally not wise politics. The other party doesn't like it, independents don't like it, and even someone of party of the person going negative on the spouse/child doesn't like it. Politically, it's a losing move.

Now, when you have a spouse campaigning -- as all spouses invariably do -- they can certainly be engaged. But it needs to be kept on a level that isn't personal.

Again, not to be 'nice' or because the spouse 'deserves' it. Rather, because that is the smart way to play it politically. I'm not necessarily talking about the Rosen situation, but in general.

Personally, I have a lot of sympathy in general for the spouses and, especially, the children of major politicians. They live in a weird fishbowl, largely of someone else's making, and they have people who absolutely hate their guts and will say the most vile things about them -- just because of who they married, or who their Mom or Dad happens to be.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Exactly. Ann Romney is white, though. Different rules apply. That's how I see it.
That's the noble's

Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sounds like the Romney campaign trying to manufacture some controversy. This is little but political Munchhausen-by-proxy here. It won't work. American women are not as dumb as men. They know who is in their corner, and it ain't the Romney's.
Women do not forget all the GOP has said over the past months, Ann was just a sideshow and on to the next show.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,203,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
To the Repugs
Vile ignorant bias comments about Michelle Obama = Good
Factual comment about Mrs. Romney = Bad and disrespectful.

Just about says it all!

And Ms. Romney wasn't even called a s-ut......the Repugs didn't think that was bad at all...so whatever twist they put on this "fake outrage story" there is nothing there....

It's rather fun to watch them wail and flounder around...

Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Women do not forget all the GOP has said over the past months, Ann was just a sideshow and on to the next show.
Nope, like I posted, the Repugs will be surpised that women aren't as stupid as they think.

Smart women realize that the Repug's War on Women involved LAWS not just individual opinions.

And saying that Ann Romney never worked (true) is not quite the same as shrieking at a woman, slandering her, for speaking out, calling her "sl@t and asking for videos of her having sex.....all of which Repugs APPROVED.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
My mother had MS and worked. I grew up in a lower blue class family. My mother held some jobs, including one that required heavy lifting, which put her in terrible pain. She eventually went on steroid treatment, but unfortunately died soon after. We don't know the exact cause, but she the steroids could have been the cause.

I was nine at time and I was left with an overworked father who was absence from most of my childhood. He was working 12 hour days to keep a roof over our head and put food on our table.

While most kids were earning allowances for doing nothing, I had to work for it, and work a lot. In fact, I was teased a lot for our financial situation. I got a job as soon as I could. I earned under $3.00 hour while the minimum wage was over $4.00 hour.

In essence, I grew up in a middle low household who potentially lost his mother to MS due to lack of HC treatment and I never complained about my struggles to anyone. However, Ann Romney bounced around on horses and had the ability to afford any healthcare treatment she wanted. Somehow, she thinks that she can relate to people who have struggled?

Until this day, I don't believe that I struggled. Granted, I have been through some hardships, but I have been very unfortunate. However, to hear this piece of **** scumbag ***** about her personal struggles over being born on third base makes my blood boil.

Ann Romney can go **** herself. She does not even understand the word "struggle".
You are correct and hit close to something that should be mentioned in all of Annie's "struggles".

"Struggling" or "working" whether at home or at work is a hell of a lot easier when you have unlimited funds to draw from.

Annie:
Sick?

Got good health care with no thought to cost. Child care and household duties automatically done by someone else.

Need a break from kids and duties?
Child care and household duties automatically done by someone else with no thought to cost..

How many "average women " can have that as a backup plan?

Average women always have the stress of "what if"..."what if I get sick"
"what if I can't take the stress"..."WHAT IF I LOSE MY JOB"..."how will I pay the bills"..."how will I feed my kids"

And we should worry about Ann's feelings....S--w her!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,913,196 times
Although Rosen's comment was certainly not clear enough to avoid misinterpretation, I find it funny (in a sad way) that it is being spun as a mommy wars anti-SAHM comment.

I interpreted Rosen's comment as a slam on wealth (and where a presidential candidate gets his information from), not as a slam on SAHMs. There is a world of difference between a SAHM of wealthy means and one who makes all manner of financial and personal sacrifices to stay home with her children. Granted, in these economic times, it can be construed as a "luxury" to be able to live on one income, but I can tell you that my daily life does not even vaguely resemble Mrs. Romney's.

Most women, IMO, are smart enough not to fall for this GOP attempt to polarize the female vote (as if that was a homogeneous construct). If the GOP want my vote, they have to earn it, just like the Democrats. Less rhetoric and more action from both parties would be nice.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,904,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Although Rosen's comment was certainly not clear enough to avoid misinterpretation, I find it funny (in a sad way) that it is being spun as a mommy wars anti-SAHM comment.

I interpreted Rosen's comment as a slam on wealth (and where a presidential candidate gets his information from), not as a slam on SAHMs. There is a world of difference between a SAHM of wealthy means and one who makes all manner of financial and personal sacrifices to stay home with her children. Granted, in these economic times, it can be construed as a "luxury" to be able to live on one income, but I can tell you that my daily life does not even vaguely resemble Mrs. Romney's.

Most women, IMO, are smart enough not to fall for this GOP attempt to polarize the female vote (as if that was a homogeneous construct). If the GOP want my vote, they have to earn it, just like the Democrats. Less rhetoric and more action from both parties would be nice.
Well, you have to keep in mind that the difference between women who make a career choice to stay home and raise their kids and those that do it because they are just lazy, is household income. Geeeze, everybody knows that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections