Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,282,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Just wondering who watches Rosen's kids? Illegal alien nanny?
You mean, like the illegals that worked for the landscaping company that took care of Romney's lawn (I'm not sure which lawn at which house)?

You know, the ones he had no problem with until he was running for office?

Quote:
“So we went to the company and we said, look, you can't have any illegals working on our property,” said Romney. “I'm running for office, for Pete’s sake, I can't have illegals.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 PM

3,503 posts, read 3,150,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If Ann Romney was running for public office, then she would be fair game. She's not.

And as we know, no one here ever attacks the first lady.
Oh no, not ever!
Unless she talks, appears in public, takes a vacation, promotes healthy lifestyles, or generally reminds people that she exists, that is.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
If there's anybody who can properly be designated as stupid throughout this brouhaha, Ms. Rosen is it.

Her insinuation that being a stay-at-home mom is as easy as breathing is an insult to all females, regardless of their income!!!

Nothing like ticking off all of the soccer moms and millions of American women who drive our economy.

Yet another black eye for the Obama worshippers.
Remember, LOOK behind the curtain.

Rosen is a long-time surrogate and supporter of obama/dems. She has been to the WH 35 times to talk "strategy", talking points and coordination.

I have NO DOUBT she was sent out to float this trial balloon attack on Ann Romney...it fits with the rest of the narrative from obama. They are wealthy, out of touch, can't relate.....connect the dots.

This was intentional. Remember, obama, just the previous week before the Rosen attack, had talked about he and Michelle not having the "luxury" of her being a stay at home mom. If you think that and the Rosen thing is coincidence, I got a bridge.

Just as the "contraceptive" issue was totally manufactured and coordinated, so was this.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:47 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,254,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know, I didn't take her comment that way at all. I didn't take it as her insulting stay at home moms. I took it as Anne Romney, being so wealthy, she couldn't identify with struggling stay at home moms because she didn't struggle. Well, that was my take on it. But of course the republicans had to do something to try to get the female vote so why not make this a big deal It's news right now but it won't work in the long run.
When you have republicans like Gov Walker repealing the equal pay law for women.....then republicans have problems. A comment from some democrat women who doesn't even matter won't deter women from the real issues confronting us. Yes of course some will but the independents won't fall for it. Sorry, no black eye for Obama.
I understood what she meant, but that is not what she said. IMO, her statement was a fail.

I also agree "no black eye for Obama". She doesn't work for the campaign.

The Republicans war on women is very real, however.

Unite Against the War on Women April 28....

Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,352,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Tacky comment from one woman to another. Having said that, I have no idea who this Hilary even is.
Your words here sound just like those of The One when he claimed he didn't know who she was. I think he lied again when he said that since she had been in the White HOuse over 35 times since he moved in.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:52 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,262,673 times
Every mom is a working mom whether they stay at home or work at a job, but the issues that working moms experience are somewhat different from stay at home moms. If Anne Romney never worked then she cannot identify with working mothers. And by work I mean outside the home because working outside the home with a child is a total different ballgame. It's truly a balancing act when you have to satisfy both home commitments plus commitments to a boss or company.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,145 times
stillkit; Does the fact that it's true mean anything? She apparently never has had to work. That's not a condemnation, just a fact.

I raised 4 kids and I can tell you that it was the hardest job I ever had. Now, if you are a parent that allowed your children to basically raise themselves, then I can understand your not considering raising children as having to work. I would consider having and dealing with MS a awfully tough job as well. It can be a terribly debilitating disease, but then, if you have never had such a malidy, I can understand again why you would not consider it as being work. Recovering from breast cancer would seem to me to be a pretty difficult job too, but once again, I doubt you've had any experience with that either, so you wouldn't consider recovery as being hard work either.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:48 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,991,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Does the fact that it's true mean anything? She apparently never has had to work. That's not a condemnation, just a fact.

And, there's this: If a spouse actively campaigns for the candidate, should they be off-limits? Both Ann Romney and Michelle Obama are out there working for their respective husband's election so, by taking an active role, they make themselves a political target.

I'm sorry, but it comes with the territory. If Ann Romney is off limits, so is Michelle Obama.

I'm guessing that won't fly with the GOP, will it?
Fair game, let the games begin

Old 04-14-2012, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I asked this on the other thread on the same topic. When did Hilary Rosen become an adviser to the Obama Campaign or the DNC? I agree, she is a Dem and she made a Dim statement, but ....beyond that?
Did you get an answer? I've not read the entire thread... yet

Old 04-14-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never heard of Hilary Rosen, but apprarently she was right. Ann Romnely never worked, so I don't know why she would be insulted by the truth. Of course no one really cares what the spouses of candidates have done, or not done. Look at all the hideous attacks on the first lady....why bother, when no one cares?
Right, pick on Michelle all they want but Ann Romney, why that's royalty to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections