Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Of course chance are whatever she tweets with be run by a gauntlet of political advisors.
Let's hope the political advisors aren't as inept as Hilary Rosen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 12:16 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,762,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I don't recall her country putting her ancestors in chains, and spending about 250 year doing everything possible to socially, politically and economically disenfranchise them.

Sob.. sob...sob..... I'm sure we all have ancestors who were abused, beat up, enslaved or killed. Get over it. What happened 150 years ago is meaningless.

Next thing you'll do is bring up how Cain murdered Able and you're still traumatized by it.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

And Obama's mother's story is one that is much more in touch with the average American.

especially when they do not admit that we need an overhaul from the ground up.
Obama didn't run on or even support a public option. And his mother's story isn't
exactly what you may think it is:

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

"Disability coverage will help replace wages lost to an illness. (Dunham received a base pay of $82,500, plus a housing allowance and a car, to work in Indonesia for Development Alternatives Inc. of Bethesda, according to Scott.) But that is different than health insurance coverage denied because of a pre-existing condition, which was a major part of the president’s health care law.

Scott writes that Dunham, who died in 1995 of uterine and ovarian cancer, had health insurance that “covered most of the costs of her medical treatment…The hospital billed her insurance company directly, leaving Ann to pay only the deductible and any uncovered expenses, which, she said, came to several hundred dollars a month.”

Old 04-14-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003;23859837/QUOTE

You are wrong. They don't bash everyone rich. I've never heard them bash Al Gore, Warren Buffet, Michael Moore, George Clooney, etc, etc.

They only bash rich people who disagree with their Big Government agenda.
I stand corrected.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,994,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Wouldn't insulting all working mothers be a 'war on women' who work at being mothers...lol? The Obama campaign isn't running against John McCain this time around. They are going to have to sharpen up their game quite a bit.
So you are saying that Romney sat down with her husband and tried to balance a checkbook or make a household budget? the biggest decision she ever made was which Cadillac to drive to the country club that day.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
So you are saying that Romney sat down with her husband and tried to balance a checkbook or make a household budget?
No, she probably just let her computer do that online, like the rest of us

Boy, you're really "old fashioned"

Old 04-14-2012, 12:33 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times
So Rosen made $2.6 million a year working for a non-profit, visits the White House three dozen times, is paid $170k a year as a consultant to the DNC, and she's in touch with the average American....

I guess the average American is doing better than we thought.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
And yet, now she doesn't work

No one is dismissing Michelle's accomplishments. But, I bet you'd
have a problem naming one of Anne's.
Raised 5 boys (r they still boys?)

I wonder were there any 'nanny's' to lend a hand? hmmm....

Old 04-14-2012, 12:40 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
No, she probably just let her computer do that online, like the rest of us

Boy, you're really "old fashioned"
Oh, for crying out loud - do you really think she has EVER worried about a budget or balancing a checkbook? I wouldn't be surprised to find out she's never even SEEN a checkbook.

Even during their so-called "struggling" college years - you know, when they were living off of stock dividends - I doubt very much that she ever worried about how she was going to feed her family AND pay the electric bill.

Her biggest budget decision is probably which platinum card to use.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:41 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Raised 5 boys (r they still boys?)

I wonder were there any 'nanny's' to lend a hand? hmmm....
They are grown men now. The oldest is about 40.

They've already addressed that: no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections