U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 AM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,657,528 times
Reputation: 8567

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So you as a socialist want the government to own your body and tell you what treatment you can have under their care.

Given your very vocal, Biblical position on most social conservative issues, it appears that the government telling people what they can or should do with their own bodies would be a natural thing for you to support.

Except for Libertarians, conservatives always support behaviorial control of the populace, and social engineering by making certain behaviors and lifestyles deemed are "immoral" or "against God" or "against the family," and thus ripe for government control and restriction.


You are already a slave to traditions, superstitious religions, Holy books ghost written by ignorant men, worship of the rich and power structures, so it's funny to watch conservatives laugh about "socialism!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,634 posts, read 11,087,932 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Is that you?




No , it will be you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,846,497 times
Reputation: 12167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No , it will be you.
But I ain't singing that tune. You're.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,715 posts, read 11,532,424 times
Reputation: 5606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So you as a socialist want the government to own your body and tell you what treatment you can have under their care.
Reading comprehension was a prerequisite for my short post.

First, I didn't say I was a Socialist.

Second, I was pointing out how flagrantly wrong the fanatical right-wing was about Medicare. Reagan called Medicare 'Socialized Medicine," which it was not. The same private doctors were still going to be your doctors. He also said in that video, 'doctors will be told where to live' and 'how much they could earn' -- along with 'you'll tell your children what it was like when men were free.'

None of that ever happened after Medicare passed. My doctors live in exclusive areas of Long Island and earn a million a year. We are still free -- actually, more free. We are free from the yoke of catastrophic medical bills and illnesses that we can't afford to treat.

While you say, "you ...want the government to own your body and tell you what treatment you can have under their care," that's exactly the relationship between me and my for-profit insurance company. If my doctor gives his medical evaluation of my treatment, the insurance company determines if they will pay for it, which for expensive care my life is in the balance of their decision.

It is truly odd how conservatives have no faith in the government, that they elect and full faith that corporations, who only exist to enrich their shareholders.

Last edited by MTAtech; 05-03-2012 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,657,528 times
Reputation: 8567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech;
While you say, "you ...want the government to own your body and tell you what treatment you can have under their care," that's exactly the relationship between me and my for-profit insurance company. If my doctor gives his medical evaluation of my treatment, the insurance company determines if they will pay for it, which for expensive care my life is in the balance of their decision.

Which of course is scary, because doctors' recommendations about YOUR treatment is viewed through the prism of the private insurance company's balance sheet.

Sometimes, it's a better business decision to just let the patient die:

"You have cancer?! That treatment your doctor wants to give you? Oh, that's EXPERIMENTAL! See sub pargraph 5(c), page 368 of your policy exclusions. Oh yeah, and through our investigation, it appears you failed to disclose a wart on your foot back when you were in college. This was material to the risk we underwrote when you applied for insurance, so we're rescinding your policy for misrepresentation and fraud because that is a "preexisting condition."

Oh, and because we're not HEARTLESS, here's some pamphlets on social security and Medicaid! Good luck!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,634 posts, read 11,087,932 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Reading comprehension was a prerequisite for my short post.

First, I didn't say I was a Socialist.

Second, I was pointing out how flagrantly wrong the fanatical right-wing was about Medicare. Reagan called Medicare 'Socialized Medicine," which it was not. The same private doctors were still going to be your doctors. He also said in that video, 'doctors will be told where to live' and 'how much they could earn' -- along with 'you'll tell your children what it was like when men were free.' Why? Because the hospitals pass on the cost of the free health care in the cost of treatment for those who can pay though insurance.

None of that ever happened after Medicare passed. My doctors live in exclusive areas of Long Island and earn a million a year. We are still free -- actually, more free. We are free from the yoke of catastrophic medical bills and illnesses that we can't afford to treat.

While you say, "you ...want the government to own your body and tell you what treatment you can have under their care," that's exactly the relationship between me and my for-profit insurance company. If my doctor gives his medical evaluation of my treatment, the insurance company determines if they will pay for it, which for expensive care my life is in the balance of their decision.
You believe the government will run healthcare efficiently and be able to treat all that need medical care. Their track record is waste and fraud.

When the tax payers have to pick up the bill there is waste, big waste and abuse.

We have allowed many illegals to have millions of anchor babies here to get free health care. Do you think they will be at the head of the line? Of course.

Americans have to pay the higher costs to the insurance companies. Why? Because the insurance companies have to pay the higher costs that have escalated to a great degree because of all the free health care provided by the hospitals and doctors for many illegals here and their anchor children.

We are paying for all the many new recipients that are taking advantage of free health care and this is sucking the American people dry. Thanks to the lack of control by the democrats who look for a voter than use common sense to treat Americans with respect and not overload them with tax burdens and health costs because of the freebee society of the democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Maryland about 20 miles NW of DC
6,111 posts, read 5,065,541 times
Reputation: 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So you as a socialist want the government to own your body and tell you what treatment you can have under their care.

I guess you would rather have some 30 something or twenty something employee at United Health Care or Kaiser or Aetna or Blue Cross make those desisions for you. Most chronically ill Americans and there are over a hundred million of us run up about 15,000 dollars a year in health care costs. When the Insurance Co can usually collect 5-10,000 dollars a year do you really think they want such clients. There's no profit only red ink for as far as the eye can see! Do you think they are that stupid? Or are you that stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,846,497 times
Reputation: 12167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You believe the government will run healthcare efficiently and be able to treat all that need medical care. Their track record is waste and fraud.
And if you're 75, you believe that you would be served better by private corporations as they have YOU not profits as the top priority.

But then, Fascism took root in that beliefs, so yours won't be a novel idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,634 posts, read 11,087,932 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Which of course is scary, because doctors' recommendations about YOUR treatment is viewed through the prism of the private insurance company's balance sheet.

Sometimes, it's a better business decision to just let the patient die:

"You have cancer?! That treatment your doctor wants to give you? Oh, that's EXPERIMENTAL! See sub pargraph 5(c), page 368 of your policy exclusions. Oh yeah, and through our investigation, it appears you failed to disclose a wart on your foot back when you were in college. This was material to the risk we underwrote when you applied for insurance, so we're rescinding your policy for misrepresentation and fraud because that is a "preexisting condition."

Oh, and because we're not HEARTLESS, here's some pamphlets on social security and Medicaid! Good luck!"
Problem is the insurance companies are charged exorbitant rates by the hospitals . Why the higher rates? The hospitals pass the cost onto the paying insurance companies for the free hospital treatment the illegal immigrants recieve for free.. the hospital has to pick up that cost so they pass it on to the cost of those that do pay... the insurance companies...

If two illegals get an operation, that treatment is covered by the higher cost of that same operation if you the payer to that insurance company has to pay. In effect, you have to pay for the freebees by higher costs and some treatment will be denied to you as well to keep the insurance company in business. The more free operations the hospital and doctors give the more the insurance companies have to pay as the hospital has to pay the bills and cover all those freebee operations and treatment.

So the more free operations, the higher costs are passed on to you through your insurance company.. and you will get less care because of the policies of the democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,634 posts, read 11,087,932 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And if you're 75, you believe that you would be served better by private corporations as they have YOU not profits as the top priority.

But then, Fascism took root in that beliefs, so yours won't be a novel idea.
Those corporations pay for the government programs.. without the private corporations no programs would exist.. you should be thankful for free enterprise because it pays all the bills through taxes.. without that tax base there would be nothing coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top