Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I never claimed it was an and or thing, simply that one was more significant than another. Also the left has been conspicuously silent on fast and furious.
I think you have your priorities a little messed up. Law enforcement officers get shot in the line of duty all the time. If Fast and Furious was a botched mess, it was a botched mess. There's no reason to cover it up unless it's a security issue or it threatens ongoing investigations. Still, I'm not sure what it has to do with the way Obama is handling the economy, which is my biggest concern. Romney's making the case that he can do just about EVERYTHING better than Obama because of his business experience. How does anyone know what the heck his experience really is if he won't show any kind of back up documentation? We know what he tells us, but I trust about ZIP of what politicians say vs. information that they're held accountable to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think you have your priorities a little messed up. Law enforcement officers get shot in the line of duty all the time. If Fast and Furious was a botched mess, it was a botched mess. There's no reason to cover it up unless it's a security issue or it threatens ongoing investigations. Still, I'm not sure what it has to do with the way Obama is handling the economy, which is my biggest concern. Romney's making the case that he can do just about EVERYTHING better than Obama because of his business experience. How does anyone know what the heck his experience really is if he won't show any kind of back up documentation? We know what he tells us, but I trust about ZIP of what politicians say vs. information that they're held accountable to.
Nope, a federal agent was murdered by a weapon sold by our government. Obama is obstructing a congressional investigation. It appears Holder perjured himself and now Obama appears to be involved in a cover up.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:40 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When did persons running for president start making their tax returns public? Taxes are a private thing and no one has the right to sift through someone else's tax return unless that person wants them to. If this governor wants to make any tax returns public, he should show his own and leave anyone else alone.

I am more concerned about a person running for office that claims to want to stop bullying in America and is allowing the most degrading bullying tactics I have ever seen in a political add to be televised. Surely if the add I saw today is not paid for by Obama, he could at least tell the people doing it to stop. His campaign is out of control and going beyond what is decent behavior.

After seeing the add where Romney is singing, I would have changed to vote for Romney if I had planned to vote for Obama. Have these people no shame? I guess not. I felt like they were making fun of America and Romney. That add made me so mad I am planning to call the next station I see it on and complain about the material it allows on its station and if they don't take the add off; I will stop watching that station. Bullying adds should not be allowed to be televised.
Where were you when the Swift Boaters were assassinating John Kerry's character? Four tours in Viet Nam, purple hearts, and noted for saving lives, and they bagered and tried to destroy him like he was scum.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:43 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well of course that is the reason and the American people know it and are losing patience with Obama. Unemployment is 8.2%, the gap between the rich and poor is the widest in history, the economy is in the dumper. And here is Obama playing games. Not good.
Precisely why the income tax rates should be returned to FDR days, when the 1%ers of that day were taxed at 92%.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:50 PM

756 posts, read 714,698 times
Shady Mitt is runnin' SCARED.

The whole world is LAUGHIN' at ya, Shady.

Man up, you elitist p.ussy, and release the proper number of tax returns ... like EVERYONE else who runs for POTUS.

And stop acting like a child and admit that YOU were ultimately responsible for the (disgraceful) things that Bain did from '99 thru '02.

This stuff is KILLIN' ya, Shady.

Your already slim chances of winning the presidency are disappearing right before your eyes...

Old 07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Where were you when the Swift Boaters were assassinating John Kerry's character? Four tours in Viet Nam, purple hearts, and noted for saving lives, and they bagered and tried to destroy him like he was scum.
I was probably at home minding my own business and not listening. I don't know why people do things like this, but I don't participate in them. My husband served in Viet Nam too. I don't usually vote on character either. Some of our best presidents have had the worst personal lives and some of our worst presidents have some of the best personal lives. Sometimes it takes someone just as bad as the other people to know how to deal with them.

But a president should want the right things for this nation and I don't think Obama does. Obama does not even know or understand what being an American should be. He is a product of his upbringing. He says the right things a lot of times, but his actions show he is out of control and does not realize the limits our laws put on the presidency. We are going to suffer because of it. Actually many are already suffering and many have been killed by his putting them in harms way. And no he is not the only president that has done that. I didn't vote for Bush either.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:10 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
The purple heart band-aids being sported by delegates at the 2004 Republican convention had to be one of the nastiest and disrespectful things I've witnessed in modern politics. For people to be wearing those while cheering on Bush of all candidates was disheartening to say the least.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:15 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Or the nasty wing of the R party who said that John McCains adopted black daughter (his wife found her in an orphanage in Bangladesh) was the love child of his African American mistress in the 2000 SC primary. Or the birthers. After that kind of garbage, I don't have lots of sympathy for the tea party type radicals who are crying poor pitiful me over the press and the public asking legitimate questions about Romney's business records.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The purple heart band-aids being sported by delegates at the 2004 Republican convention had to be one of the nastiest and disrespectful things I've witnessed in modern politics. For people to be wearing those while cheering on Bush of all candidates was disheartening to say the least.
Yes, it was, but the Republicans have a history of doing this kind of thing. Remember Max Cleland, the Vietnam vet who lost three limbs in battle, and was accused by Saxby Chambliss, his Republican opponent in the 2002 Senate race, (a guy who got deferments and never served a day in his life) of "breaking his oath to protect and defend the Constitution." Or Illinois Rep Joe Walsh (another Republican who never served a day), who was recently taped whining that his opponent, Tammy Duckworth, another vet who lost limbs on the battlefield, of "not being a true hero" because she talked about her service.

Republicans are unconscionable when it comes to denigrating the honorable service of any Democrats, all the while thumping their chests, wrapping themselves in the flag and proclaiming they are the party of patriots. Disgusting.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Precisely why the income tax rates should be returned to FDR days, when the 1%ers of that day were taxed at 92%.
I am not certain bringing everyone down is the answer, wouldnt it be better to raise the quality of life for everyone? Just an idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections