Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:41 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times

Advertisements

i call on all of the politicians to release their tax returns.

that should shut them up for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
They're probably just going to show that he made a LOT of money, and paid a relatively small percentage in taxes. I don't think he broke any laws, not even close.

So he should just release them.
Well of course that is the reason and the American people know it and are losing patience with Obama. Unemployment is 8.2%, the gap between the rich and poor is the widest in history, the economy is in the dumper. And here is Obama playing games. Not good.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, what is more important Romney's tax returns of documents relating to the murder of a Federal agent? Obama must release fast and furious documents now. All Americans should demand Obama stop obstructing justice.
I have zero problem asking the Obama administration to release all the documents relating to Fast and Furious, but to say that it's an "and or" thing with Romney's tax returns is stupid and you know it. They both need to release info and let the voters decide. Why would Romney failing to release his returns have ANYTHING to do with what Obama does, and vice versa. Being secretive hurts both of them.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
What a P.R. disaster for the G.O.P. Romney won't release his returns and he is coming across as disingenuous when it comes to Bain.

Meanwhile, Obama is not apologizing. Obama is showing some teeth, something the G.O.P. can ill afford.

My prediction is (assuming Romney still runs) that Obama will absolutely hammer Romney and the Republicans with the following point at the debate that will sound a little like this: "Mitt, Republicans have been criticizing me for attacking your record at Bain. Given the fact that you are running as the man who can fix our economy, how is it unfair to do so? Furthermore, you still go for the support of people such as Trump who flat out lie about where I was born and question whether or not I am an American."

Obama knows how to play this game. Meanwhile, Romney continues to stand on top of home plate with his bat upside down and his batters helmet on backwards.

And every time Romney tries to pitch, it's a balk with Obama advancing another base.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
1. Perhaps he has something to fear.

Number 2 anyone?
It's the same point, but an add on. He came right out during his interview with NBC on the 13th and admitted that he doesn't want to release them because of the way they could be used by the Obama campaigns opposition research. Pretty damning, and about the dumbest thing I've ever heard a candidate admit to the media.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I have zero problem asking the Obama administration to release all the documents relating to Fast and Furious, but to say that it's an "and or" thing with Romney's tax returns is stupid and you know it. They both need to release info and let the voters decide. Why would Romney failing to release his returns have ANYTHING to do with what Obama does, and vice versa. Being secretive hurts both of them.
But here's the thing your side does not seem to get. Fast and Furious was the result of an ongoing drug war. Was it botched? It sure looks like it. Operations are botched in war all the time. That's the way it goes. Furthermore, when did Obama ever claim he was an expert at running a drug war?

Romney is running based on being the man best to fix the economy. Now he has pundits like Will and Kristol wondering aloud on T.V. why Romney hasn't released his returns. The more the clock runs, the worse it is for Romney.

To me, the math is quite simple. Romney's issues now > Fast and Furious.

And we are talking exponentially >.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I never claimed it was an and or thing, simply that one was more significant than another. Also the left has been conspicuously silent on fast and furious.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
But here's the thing your side does not seem to get. Fast and Furious was the result of an ongoing drug war. Was it botched? It sure looks like it. Operations are botched in war all the time. That's the way it goes. Furthermore, when did Obama ever claim he was an expert at running a drug war?

Romney is running based on being the man best to fix the economy. Now he has pundits like Will and Kristol wondering aloud on T.V. why Romney hasn't released his returns. The more the clock runs, the worse it is for Romney.

To me, the math is quite simple. Romney's issues now > Fast and Furious.

And we are talking exponentially >.
I disagree the murder and susequent cover up of a Federal agent are significantly more important than a political fishing expedition.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:11 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
When did persons running for president start making their tax returns public? Taxes are a private thing and no one has the right to sift through someone else's tax return unless that person wants them to. If this governor wants to make any tax returns public, he should show his own and leave anyone else alone.

I am more concerned about a person running for office that claims to want to stop bullying in America and is allowing the most degrading bullying tactics I have ever seen in a political add to be televised. Surely if the add I saw today is not paid for by Obama, he could at least tell the people doing it to stop. His campaign is out of control and going beyond what is decent behavior.

After seeing the add where Romney is singing, I would have changed to vote for Romney if I had planned to vote for Obama. Have these people no shame? I guess not. I felt like they were making fun of America and Romney. That add made me so mad I am planning to call the next station I see it on and complain about the material it allows on its station and if they don't take the add off; I will stop watching that station. Bullying adds should not be allowed to be televised.

Last edited by NCN; 07-15-2012 at 04:21 PM..

Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
I predict a VP choice this week. They need to get the focus off Bain and off Romney's tax returns. They will throw out the VP pick so the press will focus on the VP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections