Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times

Advertisements

Mitt needs a big distraction right now. These attacks by Obama and the Dems have him on the ropes. He needs to announce his VP this week to change the tide. I can't believe he asked for an apology. Doesn't he know his whining is viewed as weak. I believe that this is just the beginning of the attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,907 times
Default Romney is definitely hiding something in his tax returns

Quote:
The presumptive Republican nominee also dismissed calls from some in the GOP to release more of his tax returns, arguing it would only give the Obama campaign “more things to pick through, more things for their opposition research to make a mountain out of, and to distort and to be dishonest about.”
Read more: Mitt Romney rips Obama camp?s ?dishonesty? - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com

What is Romney hiding?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Wow!! Really!!! Someone call the IRS!! Oh wait, you want to go fishing. Lol!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Mitt needs a big distraction right now. These attacks by Obama and the Dems have him on the ropes. He needs to announce his VP this week to change the tide. I can't believe he asked for an apology. Doesn't he know his whining is viewed as weak. I believe that this is just the beginning of the attacks.
Too funny, Obama becomes a Bainer and it is Mitt who is in trouble. Lol!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will simply observe that the Constitution requires that a President of the United States be 1) a natural born US citizen; 2) at least 35 years of age and 3) been a resident within the United States for fourteen years.

As a True Conservative I reject the notion that a candidate must produce income tax returns or school records. It is simply not a requirement.

Of course, the Democratic or Republican party may impose their own requirements concerning their own nominees, if they choose to do so. The Constitution makes no reference to a President being a member of either party.

Those who demand that Mr. Romney submit any tax returns whatsoever are probably not inclined to vote for him anyway.
Riddle me this: Why are influential conservatives also calling for Mitts to release more years of tax returns??? You did hear Mr. Kristol say Mitts needs to release em, right? Bottom line is, Mitts has something to hide in those returns or this would be a dead story, but instead he's allowing the POTUS to pound him and his team over the head with this. Personally, I'd like to see Mitts keep up the refusal to release more years because the scrutiny will simply intensify and its making Mitts look awfully suspicious to voters. Poor Mitts is a weasel and is having a tough time trying to snake his way around it. He also wanted an apology from Pres. Obama?!?!?!? This is coming from the same guy who annihilated Grumpy Gingrich and poor Santurom??!?!?!?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,220,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I think the Obama campaign has a choreographed plan where the stage is being set for the release of damning information on Romney. The Obama campaign has more to reveal but they will likely wait until after the GOP convention to knock down any potential momentum Romney may gain.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM

I also think it hurts Romney even more when fellow republicans ask him to release more tax returns and he still won't.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM

During the primary debates Romney was booed by a republican audience when he dodged a question about releasing tax returns from earlier years. He's like a slick and shady used car salesman. Just look at his body language as he tries to answer the question. He's hiding something.

Mitt Romney Booed For Dodging Tax Return Question CNN Debate 01-19-2012 - YouTube

Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I also think it hurts Romney even more when fellow republicans ask him to release more tax returns and he still won't.
Of course all the wishful thinking of the Obama faithful simply. Ant make it so.

July panic for Obama — for good reason - Right Turn - The Washington Post

Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will simply observe that the Constitution requires that a President of the United States be 1) a natural born US citizen; 2) at least 35 years of age and 3) been a resident within the United States for fourteen years.

As a True Conservative I reject the notion that a candidate must produce income tax returns or school records. It is simply not a requirement.

Of course, the Democratic or Republican party may impose their own requirements concerning their own nominees, if they choose to do so. The Constitution makes no reference to a President being a member of either party.

Those who demand that Mr. Romney submit any tax returns whatsoever are probably not inclined to vote for him anyway.
Nobody is saying that release tax returns are required. But if a candidate wants to increase their chances of people voting for them, it's a good idea. We really like seeing how much and where our leaders earn their money and what rate they are paying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections