Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times

Advertisements

those of you who really think that the Romneys are paying, out of their own pocket, for the money it takes to aquire, house, train and show an Olympic quality horse are the ones "drinking the coolaid" !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 11:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Congratulations to the Romney family if their (Mrs. Romney's) jumper will participate in the London Olympic games. Good for the family. Good for America. I wish them every success (at the Olympic Games, that is!).

Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Maybe after the Olympics,it could go on a $500,000 taxpayer funded vacation to Spain. You know,like the first "lady".

lol...good point!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:50 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
lol...good point!
Not really, since Michelle Obama is the First Lady of the United States - and typically the President's family doesn't pay for their own Secret Service security (or AF1 flights).

P.S. Why did that other poster put "lady" in quotes? Keep it classy, LOL.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
those of you who really think that the Romneys are paying, out of their own pocket, for the money it takes to aquire, house, train and show an Olympic quality horse are the ones "drinking the coolaid" !
My understanding of the horse investment is that Mrs. Romney began riding in an effort to relieve symptions of MS. The exercises proved successful and she is an accomplished rider in her age group. Congratulations to her. So, though there are generous tax advantages/deductions available to horse owners which the Romney's aren't the only persons to take advantage of, there were/are reasons other than tax advantages for them to have the horse. The family has enough money that whatever deductioins they can claim are really insignificant in the grand sceme of things. They'd have the horse(s) even without tax deductions (which are only for a limited period of time). The "average" voter isn't likely to understand what the wealthy class of people enjoy, but I don't see reason to criticize here. Be generous and wish the family and the U.S. Equestrian team success in London.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
OK, I'm a "leftist", also a person who "knows and loves" Dressage. Funny, Huh? I've got no problem with the sport or the olympics. What we SHOULD be upset about, is the fact that the millions of dollars that are funding the horse sport in the Romney family are being written off as a business expense. Wake up and smell the horse****!
I am a conservative and also very familiar with the dressage world. I own an imported horse from Germany that comes directly from one of the top Olympic dressage lines of all times. I also own my own business with my husband.

While I would never be able to consider the Olympics, my horse has shown at the CID level all over the united states and was in training for over a year with an Olympic judge through my regular trainer whom is working toward her Olympic goals.

I am very familiar with the dressage world.

This pathetic jealousy over Romney and his family and their success is the reason this country is in such a mess. And you lefties listen with a blind eye to everything your messiah obama, along with his crooked cronies, preach.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what portion of mrs Romneys horses expenses were written off. It is not your business, lefties!!

However, from my personal experience, there is very little that can be written off regarding horses unless you own and operate a barn /training facility.

And btw.....to the stupid poster whom made a comment about flying a horse.....that is how it is done for long distances. Same with other animals. And it is not something most look forward to. It is very stressful for the horse and nerve wracking for the owner waiting for them to arrive and get settled and know that they are ok.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
This pathetic jealousy over Romney and his family and their success is the reason this country is in such a mess. And you lefties listen with a blind eye to everything your messiah obama, along with his crooked cronies, preach.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what portion of mrs Romneys horses expenses were written off. It is not your business, lefties!!
You are so right. Jealousy of successful people is the reason our country is a mess. Not massive unemployment, or two miserable and unfunded wars, or the foreclosure crisis, or poverty, or "too big to fail" banks, or our manufacturing base being sent overseas, or our whacked-out healthcare system, or our dysfunctional education system, or the fact that many college graduates have loans the size of house mortgages.

It's jealousy of the beautiful rich people that's caused all of this. Perfect reasoning.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
You are so right. Jealousy of successful people is the reason our country is a mess. Not massive unemployment, or two miserable and unfunded wars, or the foreclosure crisis, or poverty, or "too big to fail" banks, or our manufacturing base being sent overseas, or our whacked-out healthcare system, or our dysfunctional education system, or the fact that many college graduates have loans the size of house mortgages.

It's jealousy of the beautiful rich people that's caused all of this. Perfect reasoning.
Blah, blah, blah......tell your story walking, buddy, as no one is listening any more.

The democratic congress under Bush is every bit as much to blame and your messiah Obama has done nothing to correct our problems. He is not even capable of doing so.

This stupid mentality of take from those whom have and demean the successful has to stop. The fact that someone even posted this about mrs Romneys horse proves my point loud and clear.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Wait a minute. I'm not up to speed on the horse or the dog on the roof.
But your saying they are writing the $77,000 as a medical expense???? WTF!

Can I write off my medical marijuana?
Or are the commoners not allowed "medical" writeoffs?
No, you are not allowed to write off medical marijuana. That is another disgusting hypocrisy of the Romney royal family. She takes huge writeoffs for her dancing horses that she claims she uses to treat her MS, but neither Ann nor Mitt think that anybody should be allowed to smoke marijuana no matter how much it might help with their various illnesses including MS.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
If the Romneys are flying with the horse, dare I say there's also a couple of pigs along for the ride?

(for the "lady" poster)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections