Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I've been away from this thread too long. Some of the most idiotic crap has been posted in support of old "Foot in Mouth" Biden. I wonder how many leaners ever hear the words he speaks.
Did you watch the whole speech in Virginia? Somehow I doubt it, you would have easily understood the actual context of the quote that was mined by the foreign owned Faux News. Baseless and halve-truth accusations is all that the evil republican faction can muster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Is there a point to showing Rev Wright's frothing emotional beliefs? He is no different than regressives. I hate Rev Wright as far as I know him more than I hate the atheist-influenced Ryan and the polytheist-influenced Romney. We know who Obama is, we have no idea who Romney is since he flip-flops on every issue and enjoys curtains of secrecy for his low low taxes for his non-jobs which he meaninglessly makes millions from.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:28 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Again I'm faced with slander... you need to check yourself. Romney and subjects keep lying and taking statements out of context because they don't bother to have listening comprehension nor any sense of decency.
You didn't build those roads
Wall-street is going to chain you, working class
Liars like Romney will say and do anything to lustfully grab power..
And Obama doesn't lie to try to hold on to his power.

How easily one can be duped and cheated if they believe that all politicians always tell the truth.
Or, worse yet, if they believe that one lies all the time and the other never.

This is undoubtedly going to be one dirty and ugly campaign. It was started by the left and Romney was put in a position of either ignoring the attacks, or defending himself. Obama, who called for civility just a few years back, has forgotten what that is. Here and there I'd love to glimpse a bit of graciousness from him. He knows the ads are outrageously dishonest, he could say something, but his administration claims they have no control over the people who produce them. What an easy (and transparent) excuse! At the same time, he sends out Biden to do his bidding and perpetrate more falsehoods -- all to avoid talking honestly about the really serious problems the country is facing.

I think what we see now is very much the opposite of the man he presented himself to be during his first campaign. The man we see now is the real Obama.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
I like Biden. He has heart and I do think he cares for our country. I am old too and sometimes people don't understand what I just said to them. I cannot imagine that he would ever be racist. But when you are voting in November remember to look at the vice president as an example of how the candidate makes decisions.

I think Biden as president would be an improvement over Obama. Considering how I feel about Obama, that is really not saying much.

I just don't see him as a person that would think he had the right to ignore our laws and decide for himself that he just doesn't want to uphold our immigration laws. I think Biden would do his job to the best of his ability.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:48 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,970 times
Meh, it wasn't anything most of the audience wasn't already thinking in the first place.

The vast amount of rageahol and butthurt coming from the usual circles in response has been entertaining, though.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Keep up the good work V.P. Biden, we got your back.
Yeah. Both cheeks.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yeah. Both cheeks.
That sounded gay, not that there is anything wrong with it.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
That sounded gay, not that there is anything wrong with it.
Thought I'd give him a thrill. Ended up thrilling you, instead.

You owe me a Chick-Fil-A....

Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Thought I'd give him a thrill. Ended up thrilling you, instead.

You owe me a Chick-Fil-A....
Sorry, I don't swing that way. You can go back to "thrilling" other dudes, this dude is NOT interested.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sorry, I don't swing that way. You can go back to "thrilling" other dudes, this dude is NOT interested.
LOL. You bring up the gay angle and then you flounce off.

How veddy veddy gauche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections