Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Don't forget having to get up at the crack of dawn to call Jan Ebeling and have Jan call the stable boy to make sure that Rafalca's stall is cleaned.
She didn't always live like that, and you libs know it.

Showing your true sexist colors. Can you imagine if someone on the right criticized a woman with MS on the left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it isn't about envy or greed. just because she has similarities with other mothers doesn't mean she knows how someone who is a single poor mother has struggled. she is on equal ground with others who have experienced breast cancer and MS but she has not had the same worries as a minimum wage single mother. just because they both do the laundry doesn't make them equal
Neither does Michelle, for that matter. But you'll jump behind her because she relates to the average woman in America?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM

569 posts, read 671,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
When you expressly present a narrative for political purposes one damn well better be prepared for it to be dissected and critically attacked for its weaknesses, hypocrisy, and lack of truthiness©.

The entire purpose and specific purpose of Ann Romeny's speech was try to change the factually based perception that the Romeny's are exceptionally wealthy and that she and Mitt are just like average folks.

As for your example about Mrs. Romney's having to deal with two very serious illness while raising 5 sons, I certainly wouldn't belittle that but the fact is, unlike most Americans, Mrs. Romney as a stay at home Mom also had FOUR women to help do the chores. Mrs Romney didn't have to worry about having healthcare insurance or having to pay for those costs (if there were any) that the insurance didn't cover. So, please, I'm not about to have a pitty party for Mrs. Romney.

Mitt Romney's Maids' Salary Raises Questions
As someone with MS I can tell you the cost for the medication is very high. Last quote I got was $2800/month for 4 shots. Luckily I have insurance. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it. I have it easier than others because of my insurance. If I lose my job I am SOL. She doesn't have that worry. Stress is the WORST thing for MS as it can make the symptoms worse. Terrible to have it, but easier to swallow when you know you can get the diagnosis, treatment, and can afford full time care should the need ever arise.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Just remember she has a "REAL" marriage.

The Obamas, therefore, must have a "FAKE" one.

I'll bet there's more dirt in the Romney household, since all that repression leads to dirt, than there is in the Obama household.

As far Palin, she has a "WHITE TRASH" one.
Actually, you have a man who acts like a woman and has had alleged relations with men. You have a woman who acts like a man, and orders her husband around. So year, I'd hardly call the Obama's marriage "real".

Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YEAH! Let's hear some outrage over JFK who had a PT boat crashed out from under him or Joe Kennedy who had a flying bomb he volunteered to fly explode prematurely. Damn privileged slackers!
Or Teddy who used his wealth and privilege to get away with murder/

Old 08-29-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
What poverty? Are you for real? She's an heiress and her husband is the son of the president of GM. She didn't work while her husband was in school. They sold stock his father gave them to support themselves. They are recipients of welfare from their families just as much as people on any other form of welfare.

They didn't pull themselves up. They were given everything in life by his family and hers.

They were never in poverty. Ever.

Ann Romney has no sense of self awareness at all. She's even worse than her husband.
Then whoever will you vote for? Because the Obamas were never in poverty. Ever.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:23 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You missed the part where she mentioned living in a basement while hubby went to school. Her father worked in the mines. She and Mitt made their money.

YOu seem to value only those who can't pull themselves up and depend on the gov to care for them......
One person's poverty is as real as the other person's.
EXACTLY!

Time to get so many slackers off the taxpayers back. She did a great job last night and appears to be far better than anything in the white house today.

It sounds like her attackers are only fear biters.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
If you want to stoop to a low level and call Ann names on an MB because of your jelousy of her lifestyle, have at it. I just like to point out to people that their arguements are pathetic, espescially because they don't criticize the vacationer in chief Michelle Obama. At least the Romeny's are spending THEIR money on their lavish things. The obama's are doing it on our dime. michelle has spent over $1 million dollars of our money to fund her vacations over the past four years. Is she presenting herself as an "ordinary" person? Maybe so since there are a lot of ordinary Americans who are also mooching off of our government taxes. I guess she does fit right in. But, what did you think Ann should say. I'm sure for an obamalover, like you probably are, she could not have said anything right. But, would you have any more respect for her if she came out and said, "I'm rich! I'm super rich! My husband is rich! I'm a rich, white, trophy wife! My life is sooooo much easier than any of yours! My life is good!"? Doesn't matter what she said for folks like you. You and other obama folks will be petty and ugly and put her down for nothing at all and then, in all your hypocritical glory, look adoringly at sweet, rich and affluent Michelle and say, "she's understands me". Lol.
You are confusing jealousy with disgust. Ann Romney is loon pretending to be what she is not. She's never been poor and she hasn't struggled. For her to imply she has is deeply ridiculous. If Ann doesn't want to be criticized she should tell her idiot husband to stop running for the highest office in the land. She's asking for our votes and making a fool of herself in the process.

But just keep ranting about the Obamas. Because being raised by blue collar workers and a single mother is exactly like being raised in a very wealthy household and then marrying the son of the president of GM.

Yeah.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually, you have a man who acts like a woman and has had alleged relations with men. You have a woman who acts like a man, and orders her husband around. So year, I'd hardly call the Obama's marriage "real".

HAHAHAHAHA....

Another one that buried the needle.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:25 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
you have lost all credibility with this post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections