Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:45 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Even if Obama was born in Hawaii, he's still not a "natural born citizen" as his "father" (at least the one named on the birth certificate he produced) was never an American citizen. Obama Sr. was a citizen of Kenya.

http://www.federalistblog.us/2008/11...tizen_defined/
Ugghhhh, learn learn and learn. Hawaii is a US State and was a US State when POTUS was born. Therefore, he is a natural born citizen of the US and eligible to run for POTUS. I'm pretty sure the feds vetted that portion when he declared. Citizens can be natural born citizens even though they have a foreign parent. Natural born alludes to being born within US borders or US sovereign territory abroad (military bases, embassies, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 12:46 PM

970 posts, read 1,872,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah, obviously some poor women in Kenya gave birth to a little boy, all with the grand scheme in mind of lying about his birthplace and launching him to the presidency of the United States.

You birthers should be stripped of your citizenship and shipped to Kenya since you seem so obsessed about it.
huh????? some poor women gave birth to a boy.............? ODD.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:53 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Hawaii is a US State and was a US State when POTUS was born.
Hawaii is indeed a US state, and it's truly remarkable that anyone should be in any confusion on the point.

Whether it should have been conquered, annexed and in due course promoted from colony to statehood, is an open question: certainly in the eyes of H.M. The Queen Liliʻuokalani, Obama would not count as a natural-born citizen of the United States, but properly a loyal subject of the Kingdom of Hawaii.

Which raises the interesting question whether anyone who denies Obama's right to be president by virtue of his place of birth is actually some sort of Hawaiian nationalist?

Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Tell me again how Obama got a Connecticut Social Security number? Why he and his lovely wife gave up their law licenses? His real estate deal with convicted felon Tony Rezko? 20 years in Rev. Wright's church and he never heard a word he said? Launching his political career in the living room of unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers? Spending millions to keep his birth certificate and college transcripts hidden?

You have absolutely no proof that Romney EVER dodged taxes because if he DID, the IRS would have been all over him. So come out of your land of make believe and face reality.
This is so much bs....he's spent millions....etc.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
First, Obama is doing much worse with women than in 2008. Second, except that we know Obama is for killing the unborn and for gay marriage we know nothing about how he is going to get more jobs for the 23 million Americans that need them. He just told us that it will take much longer to get more jobs.
Romney gave a very brief and broad 5 point plan that he will elaborate on in the next 58 days. It was necessary for the Romney campaign to counteract the $150 million worth of negative campaign ads and the slant of the left wing media before getting into the nuts and bolts of his economic plan. The independents will know, before election day, exactly what Romney/Ryan will do to improve this pathetic Obama economy.
I won't be holding my breath, and I suggest you don't either....

Old 09-09-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Oh do tell, where were you 3 Barrybots off to? Shopping? Running up your hubbies credit cards? Were you driving your Volt like a good little greenie? Or Maybe in your Lexus on your way to Publix?Wait. I know! It was a day at Neiman Marcus and Whole Foods, right?

Oh believe me, if Obama wins re-election, I will be much more than unpleasantly surprised. I will go into a deep, deep depression, one I may never come out of. I will cry for days at what you idiots have brought down upon our children and grandchildren. I will cry for the death of our Constitution. I will cry for all of the veterans who gave their lives fighting for our freedom while you fools spit on their graves and mock their sacrifice.

I have already mourned the death of the America I grew up in. 2012 is our last chance to try and turn this disastrous Progressive monster around and RESTORE our Founding principles.

And I will cry for your blind adulation of a false god and know in the battle of good and evil, evil won.
My God, the drama.......

Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
My God, the drama.......
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot the Looney-Tune Left has the patent on hysterics and over-the-top drama.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 AM

684 posts, read 825,121 times
Getting back to the original issue: Romney's problem isn't flip-flopping. There are reasons for every one of his stances. His problem is that Americans, in general, want a Commander-in-Chief they could drink a beer with. They don't want a Commander-in-Chief that is well-educated, or anything that can be branded 'Elitist'. Look at John Kerry(Very 'elitist') versus George w. Bush, Clinton versus George Bush, Sr.(A brilliant man who was director of the CIA). This travels back quite some time, with only a few exceptions.

I do not understand this mentality.

If I were considering who I would want to be the leader of the free world, 'Ability to have a beer with without feeling awkward' would not be high on my list. I would want someone more intelligent and more successful than myself.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Romney does have likability issues and women are breaking for Obama. But the reason Romney is not leading in the polls and breaking away from Obama is because Romney is not being specific about what he would do better than Obama. His campaign has primarily been focused on what Obama isn't doing right instead of what he would do. Its the general GOP platform, cut taxes and make government smaller and no regulation. That won't fly with undecideds and independents.
Exactly. These guys always worry about what the other guy is doing and never say anything about what they are going to do to make a guy like me who is always on the fence not vote (D). One thing that stands out is that the (R)'s harp on jobs and say Obama didn't create enough an unemployment is still over 8% and they'd create X million but by their own account they'd right off the bat make gov't smaller. That means job cuts. Am I missing something here?

Both sides need to be more forthcoming but more so the (R)'s as I am watching them to see if they have anything that can gain and hold my attention. Sadly they don't and not by a long shot.

Romney is missing substance and an identity. In all honesty I have NO idea what he would do if he won the WH. He'd just reap what Obama sew in his term. All the things put in place to up left the economy would finally hit main street and he'd try to take the credit for it.

My prediction, Obama is going to edge out Romney then after this term Hilary will run and hold the WH b/c of her popularity for an additional 8 years. (R)'s won't see the top spot for another 12 years.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post

I don't even know what to say to this.
That's too bad. Try reading the link I provided and digest the content. Maybe something will come to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections