Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:13 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Romney does have likability issues and women are breaking for Obama. But the reason Romney is not leading in the polls and breaking away from Obama is because Romney is not being specific about what he would do better than Obama. His campaign has primarily been focused on what Obama isn't doing right instead of what he would do. Its the general GOP platform, cut taxes and make government smaller and no regulation. That won't fly with undecideds and independents.
This is dead on. Talking with people who will vote for Romney this year state this as their biggest concern/criticism. The tax return issue is a major thorn too. Not because what is in it for them (they could care less) but the fact that he refuses too. Being obviously secretive and non-transparent is a major red flag, even for people who are solidly for Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 10:44 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot the Looney-Tune Left has the patent on hysterics and over-the-top drama.
Really? Your rants show that you are so wrong!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
This is dead on. Talking with people who will vote for Romney this year state this as their biggest concern/criticism. The tax return issue is a major thorn too. Not because what is in it for them (they could care less) but the fact that he refuses too. Being obviously secretive and non-transparent is a major red flag, even for people who are solidly for Romney.
The far right doesn't see that as an issue but to my moderate republican friends it is a BIG issue.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times
As I see it, Romney's problem is a simple one: he polls badly with non-whites. If African Americans and Hispanics voted even 40% for Republican presidential candidates, this would be a one party nation, politically. The Democratic Party survival depends on non-whites voting in a block, but also voting in large numbers. If there is an enthusiasm gap, then the advantage can be overcome. However, if Democrats can come close to 2008, then Romney has no shot, and his base can be as enthused as ever. It's coming down to changing demographics, and sheer numbers. The country is changing demographically, and the Republican base message of low taxes, self reliance and income through merit isn't translating to this change. Perhaps it will one day, but past history does not portend well for Republican survival in the future, at least in a national presidential election.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM

677 posts, read 934,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post
I, for one and maybe many, can't wait for the debates: An Empty Suit / Teleprompter-Dependent / Business-Clueless / Failure @ Doing His "Job" and truly has NO excuses, answers, or solutions (not expressed YET,) VS Mitt Romney who has it all.

Honestly, I can't imagine why anyone at all would vote for someone who has made our situation worse! People get fired for that............and less..............Obama SHOULD BE FIRED!

You can't wait for the debates? LOL, why, so you can see Romney get his butt whupped! Gee I remember when Pres Obama single handedly clowned the entire GOP conference.......remember? So a flip-flopping fool like Romney is a piece of cake.....no contest.

And btw, Pres Obama will not be fired, he'll be re-hired so brace yourself.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:53 AM

677 posts, read 934,412 times
Quote:
Oh do tell, where were you 3 Barrybots off to? Shopping? Running up your hubbies credit cards? Were you driving your Volt like a good little greenie? Or Maybe in your Lexus on your way to Publix?Wait. I know! It was a day at Neiman Marcus and Whole Foods, right?

*Oh believe me, if Obama wins re-election, I will be much more than unpleasantly surprised. I will go into a deep, deep depression, one I may never come out of. I will cry for days at what you idiots have brought down upon our children and grandchildren. I will cry for the death of our Constitution. I will cry for all of the veterans who gave their lives fighting for our freedom while you fools spit on their graves and mock their sacrifice.

I have already mourned the death of the America I grew up in. 2012 is our last chance to try and turn this disastrous Progressive monster around and RESTORE our Founding principles.

And I will cry for your blind adulation of a false god and know in the battle of good and evil, evil won.

*I gotcha covered, got a case of Valium to make sure you take a overdose since without a doubt Obama will win!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,354 times
Default 4 more years!!!!!

Quote:
Tell me again how Obama got a Connecticut Social Security number? Why he and his lovely wife gave up their law licenses? His real estate deal with convicted felon Tony Rezko? 20 years in Rev. Wright's church and he never heard a word he said? Launching his political career in the living room of unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers? Spending millions to keep his birth certificate and college transcripts hidden?

You have absolutely no proof that Romney EVER dodged taxes because if he DID, the IRS would have been all over him. So come out of your land of make believe and face reality.
Romney-Hood wants his tax rates down to 0% while the working man pays an immoral amount. This election would be OVER if he released his past returns. You, me and Mittens know it to be true. My advice to you: Start making up excuses on Nov. 7th for why Mittens lost. I'd hate to see pubs ill-prepared the morning after.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I can't think of a single reason why Obama would have to produce a forged birth certificate, unless he didn't have a real one, or that real one showed he was born some place other than the United States. Can you?

I suspect he was born in Kenya, just as his grandmother has said he was.

I also understand the importance of knowing the truth, and the reason why having a president who is not born in the U.S. and probably not therefore a citizen, is not a good thing.

His purposeful destruction of this country is evidence of his lack of allegience to it.
Another birther. You guys are the maggots feasting on the remnants of the Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections