Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The impact of the video can be seen on polling numbers taken right after his video was released. It shows a dramatic increase in voters for Pres. Obama in key swing states. I think I hear the fat lady warming up.
Well, the people who were already going to vote for him LOVED that he told the truth. The "fence sitters", depending on whether they are left leaning or right leaning will either love it or hate it.

It will turn off as many people as it endears. People (even some so-called liberals) are a little sick and tired of paying for the deadbeats (i.e. victims) in this country.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 01:59 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Ordering the OBL mission? - Any Prez would have done this
Talk is cheap, the other one didn't over 8 years.

Quote:
Passing healthcare? - When the overwhelming majority didn't want it and nobody read it before they passed it. Yeah, that's a good one there
You alleged he offered no leadership, he apparently did to get it passed, eh?

Quote:
Winding down the Iraq war? - GWB set that time table with the Iraqis
GWB also started that wasteful, costly, unnecessary war of choice.

Quote:
[/color]What has Willard done in the past beside choosing church over country? - He was a Governor, he was a CEO of a REAL job.
He was also a supporter of a war his country was involved in as well as the draft used to man it yet conveniently avoided both. He's a spoiled little man.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM

876 posts, read 709,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But you have no problems with Willard's lack of solutions, displayed every day?
His solutions are displayed everyday on www.mittromney.com. You seem to be able to use the internet but, it is strange that you can't find his plan. Just picked up an pamphlet for Romney a couple of hours ago. Here's a little bit about his plans. There are more on his site. Even though you will probably just ignore it:

-End obamacare so that it will save the horrible $716 billion cuts to Medicare benefits. And then replace it with commonsense health care reform.

-Reward job creators by cutting their tax rates and reform the tax code.

-Put work back into welfare.

-Increase access to domestic energy resources by streamlining the permit protocols, eliminate regualtions destroying the coal industry, and approving the Keystone pipeline.

-Cap federal spending below 20% of the economy.

I've looked on obama's site and his "solutions" look like they are the same as they have been. So, if you like having a trillion dollars a year being spent in your tax money...if you like the idea of cutting seniors Medicare...if you like all the Americans being killed overseas...if you like no economic growth...if you like more people being dependent on the government...if you like to continue our dependence on the cess pool we call the middle east...then vote for obama. I personally think the only thing obama would improve over the next four years, is his golf game.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:02 PM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Keep in mind that those state and local taxes mean nothing on the federal level so it's a completely stupid argument to bring to the table, and anything they pay in FICA is more than refunded to them.
Not stupid at all. Just because the fed has major issues does not mean the frigging world or this nation is coming to an end. The 50 states are more important than a defunct fed. One third of those who have contributed to FICA never receive the benefit, they die.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
How's that Obama guy working out for ya???
Four more years!

You?

Quote:
Waste of a suit..
I'm more of a jeans guy.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Not stupid at all. Just because the fed has major issues does not mean the frigging world or this nation is coming to an end. The 50 states are more important than a defunct fed. One third of those who have contributed to FICA never receive the benefit, they die.
I'm sorry, but it is the EPITOME of moronic to suggest that because some deadbeat pays a tax on a pack of cigarettes that he's suddenly a contributor to society.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:13 PM

465 posts, read 508,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
His solutions are displayed everyday on www.mittromney.com. You seem to be able to use the internet but, it is strange that you can't find his plan. Just picked up an pamphlet for Romney a couple of hours ago. Here's a little bit about his plans. There are more on his site. Even though you will probably just ignore it:

-End obamacare so that it will save the horrible $716 billion cuts to Medicare benefits. And then replace it with commonsense health care reform.

-Reward job creators by cutting their tax rates and reform the tax code.

-Put work back into welfare.

-Increase access to domestic energy resources by streamlining the permit protocols, eliminate regualtions destroying the coal industry, and approving the Keystone pipeline.

-Cap federal spending below 20% of the economy.

I've looked on obama's site and his "solutions" look like they are the same as they have been. So, if you like having a trillion dollars a year being spent in your tax money...if you like the idea of cutting seniors Medicare...if you like all the Americans being killed overseas...if you like no economic growth...if you like more people being dependent on the government...if you like to continue our dependence on the cess pool we call the middle east...then vote for obama. I personally think the only thing obama would improve over the next four years, is his golf game.
but what most of us would like to here is what comprehensive health care reform, by his own admission what he did in Mass. as far as health care was Obamacare in a nutshell only the state didn't have to pay for it...there's already rules that say you have to work 20 hours a week or 80 hours a month...though i wouldn't mind seeing that going up

Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 PM

876 posts, read 709,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
but what most of us would like to here is what comprehensive health care reform, by his own admission what he did in Mass. as far as health care was Obamacare in a nutshell only the state didn't have to pay for it...there's already rules that say you have to work 20 hours a week or 80 hours a month...though i wouldn't mind seeing that going up
I would have liked to have heard what obama care was going to be about, before it was passed too. But, we were not allowed by esteemed leader to see it. And what Romney did in Mass does not cut into Medicare to pay for able-bodied people to have healthcare. The laws for working for welfare have been changed by obama.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
The impact of the video can be seen on polling numbers taken right after his video was released. It shows a dramatic increase in voters for Pres. Obama in key swing states. I think I hear the fat lady warming up.
Today's daily poll show Romney 48%, Obama 46%. I was expecting to see something drastic.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:34 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
How about we focus on what people actually do, and not what they say in some off the cuff comment?

You folks just refuse to look at what Obama has done to our country, and hope some offhand comment by Romney will matter at all, when it is meaningless when compared to this disastrous Obama economy, which has been "the worst economy since the Great Depression" for four years now. /runonsentence

BTW, Michelle is not fat, she is just husky.

Last edited by OICU812; 09-26-2012 at 03:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections