Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Did you watch the debate?
I think we're all wondering if you did.

Here, why don't you read the transcript?

I took it from FoxNews, so you wouldn't claim it's been doctored.

Transcript of vice presidential debate | Fox News

Please find the passage for all of us where Biden lied about how his family died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wow, my dad died of cancer when I was 15, so because it was a tragedy in my life, I guess it would be ok to say that the government sent him to Libya to stay at an embassy until he was killed by terrorists..

According to you, that would be acceptable..
Your dad died of cancer, did you ever question if he got every treatment possible, and if his care was always perfect, if he had gotten cancer screening sooner, if, if, if?

Biden's family was killed in a car accident, and at the time the question was raised about the driver of the big rig being impaired. The police investigated and ruled according to the standards of 1972, which were quite different than the standards of today. Biden mentioned his concerns in 2001, and in 2007. The driver's family rightfully defended the driver, and Biden has kept his concerns to himself since.

Somehow, you twist all this to shame Biden????

Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Good to see Conservative fear blogs pushing another pointless claim about nothing. It is well documented on how Biden lost his family, as it was pointed out here, laws were different then and the driver might not of been tested, but that doesn't really matter because it is a tragedy in Biden's life even if it was his wife's fault for pulling out when she didn't have the right of way.

Good to see Cons will attack anything, even something that makes them look this shallow.

Thread fail, so I am moving on....you guys keep beating your fear drum.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Or could it be another despicable lie by a RWNJ website?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
How about a link showing what he said instead of a blog with no link claiming what he said? Until then this is just another right-wing lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
How about a link to the Biden statement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The whole point of this thread is kinda stupid to begin with. If your wife and kid got killed by a semi-truck, God forbid, then aren't you really entitled to have a whole lot of rage and grief.... regardless whose "fault" it really was?! Actually, the question should be, what sort of person stands back and looks at that kinda tragedy in such a "lawyerly" and dispassionate way (like our empathy-challenged wingnut friends prefer to do)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Translation: Mr Biden tragically lost his wife and daughter, and almost his two sons, in an accident where a tractor-trailer hit the Biden family car. In his grief, Mr Biden or someone else may have raised the possibility that alcohol was involved in the accident. And that possibility has been permanently attached to the tragedy in Mr Biden's mind. The standards in 1972 were far less stringent regarding drinking and driving, and the police would have reached their conclusions based on the 1972 standards, not the 2012 standards. However, there is no way to go back in time to determine how sound the police's conclusions were. Moreover, Mr Dunn was terribly affected by this tragedy, as was his family, and AFTER Mr Biden's comments in 2007, Mr Dunn's family reached out to the media to dispute those comments. Nothing can be proven today one way or the other, and again, has Mr Biden said anything about Mr Dunn since being contacted by Dunn's family?
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Good to see Conservative fear blogs pushing another pointless claim about nothing. It is well documented on how Biden lost his family, as it was pointed out here, laws were different then and the driver might not of been tested, but that doesn't really matter because it is a tragedy in Biden's life even if it was his wife's fault for pulling out when she didn't have the right of way.

Good to see Cons will attack anything, even something that makes them look this shallow.

Thread fail, so I am moving on....you guys keep beating your fear drum.

Sure looks like the Joe defenders aren't very politically astute.

JOE HAS BEEN LYING ABOUT THE TRUCK DRIVER BEING DRUNK FOR YEARS...AND YEARS.

It's a very well known fact.

The fact that you folks didn't know it tells me a lot about the pathatic state of voters on the D side.

Again: This is a WELL KNOWN fact.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your dad died of cancer, did you ever question if he got every treatment possible, and if his care was always perfect, if he had gotten cancer screening sooner, if, if, if?

Biden's family was killed in a car accident, and at the time the question was raised about the driver of the big rig being impaired. The police investigated and ruled according to the standards of 1972, which were quite different than the standards of today. Biden mentioned his concerns in 2001, and in 2007. The driver's family rightfully defended the driver, and Biden has kept his concerns to himself since.
Somehow, you twist all this to shame Biden????
What the hell does me questioning if he got all of the care he could have received, have to do with how he died?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Sure looks like the Joe defenders aren't very politically astute.

JOE HAS BEEN LYING ABOUT THE TRUCK DRIVER BEING DRUNK FOR YEARS...AND YEARS.

It's a very well known fact.

The fact that you folks didn't know it tells me a lot about the pathatic state of voters on the D side.

Again: This is a WELL KNOWN fact.

Then you shouldn't have any problem at all backing up your well-known fact with credible evidence.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Then you shouldn't have any problem at all backing up your well-known fact with credible evidence.
Are you telling me Biden is so dumb, that he hasnt learned the truth, but everyone else in the world has figured out that he's wrong?

How long does it take him to figure out how his family died, he's been telling the same story for at least 5 years now
David Drake: Biden Lied About First Wife's Death

Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Are you telling me Biden is so dumb, that he hasnt learned the truth, but everyone else in the world has figured out that he's wrong?

How long does it take him to figure out how his family died, he's been telling the same story for at least 5 years now
David Drake: Biden Lied About First Wife's Death

Another despicable lie from a RWNJ blog?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Another despicable lie from a RWNJ blog?
Ahhh, I get it, its a vast right wing conspiracy which caused Biden to lie.. always someone elses fault..

Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
If he'll lie about how his family died, then why wouldnt he lie about Libya?
He will lie and does about anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections