Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You really are clueless.
I'm sure that if it were you who lost someone in a car accident, your sympathy would be with the other driver right?

Right.

It is simply amazing how people can be so hateful.

And, as many others have noted, they did not test for alcohol in the early 70s.
Yeah, have some sympathy. SHE caused the accident! Also, if they didn't test for alcohol, which I'm sure you have no clue if they did or not, then how can Biden make that statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How far back in your history would we have to go to find you making remarks about something you honestly believed but didn't have any foundation for such beliefs?
Doesn't matter, Biden lied. Plain and simple. Also, SHE caused the accident.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG2A View Post
"hateful"? That doesn't even BEGIN to describe what some of us feel about liars and those who support them. That doesn't even BEGIN to describe how those of us who care about this Nation feel about those working so hard to destroy it.

I used to say the only "people" I could ever hate were rapists pedophiles and racists.

That's not true anymore.
Oh stop it.

There are plenty of other threads to post this nonsense in.
And, BTW, quoting the queen of hypocrisy impresses no one.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, have some sympathy. SHE caused the accident! Also, if they didn't test for alcohol, which I'm sure you have no clue if they did or not, then how can Biden make that statement?
Go back and read the original quote. Mr. Biden said that he had heard that the driver was allegedly under the influence. ALLEGEDLY.

And, you have absolutely no clue as to what I do or do not know about.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Go back and read the original quote. Mr. Biden said that he had heard that the driver was allegedly under the influence. ALLEGEDLY.

And, you have absolutely no clue as to what I do or do not know about.
You know nothing about this but what you have been spoonfed. There was NO allegedly anything. Read the damn police report.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
The remarks were made by Biden in 2007 when he was running for President. The Inside Edition story was from 2008, and represented the Dunn family's position regarding the accident.

The police didn't find any evidence of Mr Dunn having been impaired at the time of the accident, however in 1972, the laws regarding drinking and driving were dramatically different, so Mr Dunn might not have been tested for alcohol. Dunn's family has reached out to Biden to share how the tragedy affected Mr Dunn as well, and Biden has acknowledged that it was a tragedy for ALL involved.

Has Biden made any recent allegations about Mr Dunn having been impaired at the time of the accident?

so what you are saying is that the OP is right... but it doesnt matter because it was soooooo... like... 2008 and all?

Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Your dad died of cancer, did you ever question if he got every treatment possible, and if his care was always perfect, if he had gotten cancer screening sooner, if, if, if?

Biden's family was killed in a car accident, and at the time the question was raised about the driver of the big rig being impaired. The police investigated and ruled according to the standards of 1972, which were quite different than the standards of today. Biden mentioned his concerns in 2001, and in 2007. The driver's family rightfully defended the driver, and Biden has kept his concerns to himself since.

Somehow, you twist all this to shame Biden????
Biden did not "mention his concerns." He implied strongly that the driver had been under the influence of alcohol, even though there is absolutely no indication that this was the case.

This is called "slander and libel" by the way.

Driver In Biden Crash Wanted Name Cleared - CBS News

Old 10-17-2012, 09:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Have you ever lost someone to a car accident? I have. When something like that happens, you try to gravitate to any reasoning no matter how long its been since the tragedy. Not paying attention, speeding, defective car, drugs, alcohol, anything to try and find a answer to get you by. Until you've been in that situation and felt that loss, then you really should try not to judge.
Sure you question officials and police and the legal and medical system, at the time. And I'm sure that lingering grief and doubt would haunt you till the day you died and joined them.

But that does not mean that you have the right to slander other people publicly - ESPECIALLY if you are a US Senator.

The sad truth is that Biden's young wife, with a carful of small children, pulled out in front of this unfortunate truck driver, who consequently wrecked his own vehicle (turned it over) trying to AVOID hitting her. It was a tragedy for all involved.

And yes, I am sympathetic to the truck driver as well as to the Biden family. I wouldn't wish this scenario on anyone. Can you imagine being in an accident in which people were killed (bad enough) and then realizing with horror that the family involved was a Senator's family? And then coming to realize over the years that this Senator would slander your name, in spite of you being legally cleared and NOT AT FAULT in the accident (the truck driver had the right of way), and that you basically could do little to stop him?

Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sure you question officials and police and the legal and medical system, at the time. And I'm sure that lingering grief and doubt would haunt you till the day you died and joined them.

But that does not mean that you have the right to slander other people publicly - ESPECIALLY if you are a US Senator.

The sad truth is that Biden's young wife, with a carful of small children, pulled out in front of this unfortunate truck driver, who consequently wrecked his own vehicle (turned it over) trying to AVOID hitting her. It was a tragedy for all involved.

And yes, I am sympathetic to the truck driver as well as to the Biden family. I wouldn't wish this scenario on anyone. Can you imagine being in an accident in which people were killed (bad enough) and then realizing with horror that the family involved was a Senator's family? And then coming to realize over the years that this Senator would slander your name, in spite of you being legally cleared and NOT AT FAULT in the accident (the truck driver had the right of way), and that you basically could do little to stop him?
Your posts are well reasoned and thought out. +1

Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Biden did not "mention his concerns." He implied strongly that the driver had been under the influence of alcohol, even though there is absolutely no indication that this was the case.

This is called "slander and libel" by the way.

Driver In Biden Crash Wanted Name Cleared - CBS News
Biden's concerns were that the driver had consumed alcohol. I don't think there was an indication one way or the other. And since even if the driver had had a drink or two with his lunch, it wouldn't have been criminal and it wouldn't have resulted in any charges against the driver, I think "slander and libel" is over the top.

Biden had just lost his family. It was suggested to him that the driver may have had a drink. He didn't investigate that allegation, because he had to take care of his two sons, who were just babies, that had been injured in the wreck, and he had to make funeral arrangements for his dead wife and dead daughter. And even if the driver had had a drink, it wasn't against the law. What was there to pursue?

In his mind, the suggestion became fact. And he mentioned it in 2001. 29 years after the accident. Then again in 2007. 35 years after the accident. He wasn't going all over town for 35 years talking it up, telling loads of people and making hay of it in the press. He made the suggestion twice, both times saying that he'd heard this possibility. The second time he made the comment, it reached the ears of the drivers' family, and they defended the driver in the press and wrote Biden a letter, which Biden responded nicely to. And Biden has refrained from making the suggestion again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections