Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What the hell does me questioning if he got all of the care he could have received, have to do with how he died?
It has to do with grieving survivors and the need to allocate blame.

I didn't mean to be insensitive, and you have my condolences for the loss of your father. But I think when someone is taken from us by an accident or by a health problem, I think as humans we seek to place blame. Such a loss in unacceptable, someone must be to blame. It may even be ourselves we blame.

When Biden lost his wife and daughter, and his sons faces long and difficult recoveries, don't you think he blamed himself, for not being the one to get the Christmas tree? And don't you think he latched onto every other possibility, like blaming the driver of the truck. Because he's human, and that's what we do.

In 1972, a truck driver could stop and have a couple of beers and get in his truck to drive. Today, federal law makes that a crime. In 1972, the standard for DWI was an alcohol level of .15, almost twice the level today. Most people with a BAC of .15 are obviously inebriated. So even if the police ruled that the driver wasn't impaired, that would have been by 1972 standards.

We can't know if the driver had a drink with his lunch or not. We will never know. Biden evidently had concerns in 1972 that were never put to rest, but faced with the fact that his concerns can never be resolved, and raising those concerns caused pain to others, he's chosen not to go there anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Then you shouldn't have any problem at all backing up your well-known fact with credible evidence.
You need to do your own research, and should have done it before you voted the fools into office in the first place.

Everybody who has a whit of political knowledge knows all about Joe and his lying about that accident, lying about the other driver being drunk. This is not news and you should already have known about it.

I am not your teacher and if I provided you with a thousand links, you would call me a partisan liar.

You're on your own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Another despicable lie from a RWNJ blog?
I rest my case. Foolish, foolish voters who don't have a clue about their candidates. No wonder America is screwed.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM

993 posts, read 832,313 times
Quote:
Ahhh, I get it, its a vast right wing conspiracy which caused Biden to lie.. always someone elses fault..
To the left wing nuts, this is trivial compared to Paul Ryan washing a clean-looking pan at a homeless shelter.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think we're all wondering if you did.

Here, why don't you read the transcript?

I took it from FoxNews, so you wouldn't claim it's been doctored.

Transcript of vice presidential debate | Fox News

Please find the passage for all of us where Biden lied about how his family died.
Okay, so he just mentioned his wife and daughter dying during the debate (which seemed like he was trying to evoke sympathy to me, but whatever), but the fact remains he has gone on the record to say that his wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver. Just because he didn't spell it out again at the debate doesn't mean he hasn't said it before. The tractor trailer driver's family has come out and said it's not true. The point is, why would he even say something like that?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
To the left wing nuts, this is trivial compared to Paul Ryan washing a clean-looking pan at a homeless shelter.
lol

Old 10-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Okay, so he just mentioned his wife and daughter dying during the debate (which seemed like he was trying to evoke sympathy to me, but whatever), but the fact remains he has gone on the record to say that his wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver. Just because he didn't spell it out again at the debate doesn't mean he hasn't said it before. The tractor trailer driver's family has come out and said it's not true. The point is, why would he even say something like that?
Because at the time of the accident the suggestion was raised and planted itself in his mind. He believed it until the Dunn family challenged him, at which point he realized that his assertions caused another family pain and there weren't any grounds for his assertion. And since responding to the family back in 2007, he hasn't asserted since that Mr Dunn was drinking while driving.

And by the way, Mr Ryan is the one who brought up a family in a car accident. To illustrate the generosity and empathy of Governor Romney.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 PM

So you're admitting he lied through 2007?

Nice guy, your candidate.

LIAR! That's all he is. Period.

Let me google that for you

Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Another Despicable LIE By Joe Biden….. The Death Of His Wife and Daughter « THE WAKING GIANT

“I got elected when I was 29, and I got elected November the 7th. And on Dec. 18 of that year, my wife and three kids were Christmas shopping for a Christmas tree. A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly — and I never pursued it — drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly, and killed my daughter instantly, and hospitalized my two sons, with what were thought to be at the time permanent, fundamental injuries.”

As reported by Inside Edition, a police investigation of the accident showed that Mrs. Biden pulled into an intersection after she failed to notice an oncoming tractor trailer, which apparently had the right of way. The truck’s driver, Curtis Dunn, put his own life at risk in an effort to avoid the collision; he twisted the wheel so hard that he overturned his vehicle. Delaware Online adds emphatically that neither driver had consumed alcohol.
Just goes along with all the lies

Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So you're admitting he lied through 2007?

Nice guy, your candidate.

LIAR! That's all he is. Period.

Let me google that for you
If you say something you believe is true, like your narrative here that Biden is a liar, are you lying? When you believe something and assert it, you aren't lying. And it's not like he said it over and over and over. Because if he said it over and over and over, Mr Dunn's family would have known and rebutted Biden's belief much sooner. They'd never heard it until 2007, when they went to the press. How do I know that, because Mr Dunn's daughter says that she'd never heard that Biden thought alcohol was involved until 2007. Which makes your narrative less than credible, huh?

Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because at the time of the accident the suggestion was raised and planted itself in his mind..
More likely he lied. And you are making excuses for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections