Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Coal company announces layoffs in response to Obama win - Nov. 9, 2012

Certain Republicans are ignorant or have short term memory. Or maybe both. It is pretty appalling that the CEO has laid off 160 workers in an attempt to prove a point.
Yeah, I'm sure he is harming his business in order to prove a point..

Get real!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times
Coal will become more expensive and more difficult to obtain going forward. Order early and order larger quantities.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If a power plant is shortening the lives of the people who live nearby of course it should be shut down.
You can do your part by shutting off your computer, and stop causing death of people who live nearby..

Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
7/coal-energy-stocks/?iid=EL"]Coal[/url] [/b]and for-profit education stocks led the declines on both indexes.

Layoffs to prove a point? I don't think so.
Couldn't have happened to two beter industries.

For profit education companies currently make BILLIONS by suckering people into taking on thousands in federal student loans to get fairly useless degrees, if they even get a degree. A mast majority of students drop out the schools without a degree and account for over 60% of all student loan defaults. Democrats attempted to do something about this early in Obama's administration but were blocked by Republican's. Apparently investors think something might happen in the second term.

Coal is in a downward spiral mostly due to natural gas now coating half per kilowatt hour for power generation. More efficient and vastly cleaner generators, coupled with an abundante source from fracking has caused a massive drop in coal demand. It's the market for cheaper, cleaner energy that's killing coal. Why does this businessman hate the market?

Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
If this is the owner of the Crandall mine, the industry needs to get another poster boy to complain about deregulation

Old 11-10-2012, 03:24 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, I'm sure he is harming his business in order to prove a point..

Get real!!!
I am real.

As a small business owner myself, I know that usually the first or second line of defense to protect my profit margin would be to cut down expenses by laying off employees.

What Murray did was based on pure speculation on the outcome of Obama being re-elected. Not to mention that the coal industry have had decades to do something about the declining demand of coal as energy.

After reading your reply to me, it is obvious that you didn't even bother reading the article.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Robert E. Murray read a prayer to a group of company staff members on the day after the election, lamenting the direction of the country and asking:

“Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

Okay dip$hit...God wanted you to get rich as you polluted the air and blew nature's mountain tops to smithereens. Then he forgives you for taking the livelihood away from 160 families for no other reason than your fat ugly mouthful of sour grapes. I'm sure there's a place reserved for you in heaven, you hypocrite slime bag.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-10-2012 at 03:49 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 03:37 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
That particular CEO/Owner has a long history of laying off employees every year, right around the holidays. Check out his safety record, fines etc. KSL News out of Salt Lake City is an excellent source of both current and past acts by this guy. Draw your own conclusion.........!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,787,663 times
I sense intensive tax audits in his future.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This piece of human excrement has had a good run. Screw him and his kind. These laid off workers should be offered jobs in the green energy sector and blow this guy off the map once and for all. It's hard o believe that these types villians exist outside of James Bond movies.
BWAHAHAHAHA! Where? In China?

Need I remind you:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/22/news...ies/index.html

Coal natural. Coal burns. Coal dirty. Live with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections