Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Sure you can, entire political campaigns are based on this...
Okay, let me edit that - you SHOULDN'T put words in other peoples mouths

Old 11-13-2012, 05:05 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, he didn't use the word "deadbeat" and he was most certainly not talking about "hard working middle class people" in a way that disparaged them.

You are entitled to your opinions, but you can't put words in other people's mouths.
I don't think our Chicago friend gets it, Loves, so no use wasting your breath.

I guess no one told him . . . we don't have a new President so he can stop with the political wind-up. No more Bush to blame, and now - no reason to keep twisting Romney's words . . . we can all focus on what a great job Obama is going to do to get us out of the recession and back to work.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM

221 posts, read 358,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, he didn't use the word "deadbeat" and he was most certainly not talking about "hard working middle class people" in a way that disparaged them.

You are entitled to your opinions, but you can't put words in other people's mouths.
Romney words
"These are the people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax."

who the heck is he talking about ? well lets take a look at the non-payers map below after we watch his pathetic apology.

here is the apology video from Romney :

Mitt Romney: '47 Percent' Comments Were 'Just Completely Wrong'

maybe the Republicans in these states should look at how much they pay.

Last edited by chicagobears; 11-13-2012 at 05:32 PM..

Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblestone903 View Post
Nice try. What he meant and what he said were 2 different things. He said 47% don't pay taxes and want free stuff. its never a good idea to lump so many together before an election.

Obama talked about rural voters cllinging to guns and bibles and plenty of voters used it against him and they weren't all rural voters.
we cling to plenty of guns in Chicago too, everyday someone gets shot and killed.
That why I'm moving to Lake Norman.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
we cling to plenty of guns in Chicago too, everyday someone gets shot and killed.
That why I'm moving to Lake Norman.
Um. Surely you jest.

You are moving to the South to get away from . . . guns?

Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
maybe the Republicans in these states should look at how much they pay.
Well, gosh. I am sure, as your post implies, Republicans are all more stupid than a box of rocks and haven't managed to figure out how much they pay in taxes.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,356,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I sincerely doubt it.

Here's the thing . . . you think you are going to ask a question on a forum that will reveal to you the inner workings of the minds of Southerners (at least a portion of them) . . . something demographers have been trying to do for decades, and usually with dismally laughable results.

Bless your heart. Sincerely. Cause you aren't going to get the answer here on this forum, or sitting around talking with your coworkers, or asking your neighbors once you move here (most of whom are not going to be Southerners, anyway).

You will be just as clueless (and like so many others - THINK you know what you don't have a clue about) in four years, whether this thread is alive and kicking or part of some computer cloud's archives.
The OP didn't say anything about southerners...

Yes, the map showed that 9 of the 10 "highest" percentages of people not paying taxes were all in the South, but that map is a little silly IMO since almost every state was between 30-40%. IMO the OP seemed to simply be in response to Romney's 47% statement and that people shouldn't have voted for him because he said that...

Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Um. Surely you jest.

You are moving to the South to get away from . . . guns?
yes, that's the plan

Gang Bangers are walking around Chicago with guns and will not hesitate to kill someone dead
Chi-Town is no joke, you have to remember Chicago was home to the Mafia
and gangsters like AL Capone.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The OP didn't say anything about southerners...

Yes, the map showed that 9 of the 10 "highest" percentages of people not paying taxes were all in the South, but that map is a little silly IMO since almost every state was between 30-40%. IMO the OP seemed to simply be in response to Romney's 47% statement and that people shouldn't have voted for him because he said that...
All the talk has been about southerners and this is the charlotte forum.

But yes, i agree - seems this whole thread was a not-so-well-veiled attempt at continuing a political discussion on Romney. Why, I would have no clue. The man lost, lol.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,503,410 times
Quote:
All the talk has been about southerners and this is the charlotte forum.

But yes, i agree - seems this whole thread was a not-so-well-veiled attempt at continuing a political discussion on Romney. Why, I would have no clue. The man lost, lol.

and why it's in the charlotte forum and not NC or political, I can't say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections