Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:05 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,163,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
Let's trade with everyone as friends! Even Vietnam now is a trading partner. Just 30 years removed from an incredibly bloody war with them.

But with the Arabs, we have to screw with them for profits. Read this article:

THE UNITED STATES AND THE IRAN-IRAQ WAR (broken link)

And the Americans have to pay for it all and get killed for it.
Read that one last week. LOL. It's amazing what you find when you start looking at the reasons some people give for not wanting a return to the gold standard.

Here's another one that puts it all together. Petrodollar or Petroeuro? A new source of global conflict, by Cóilín Nunan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 04:21 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
How do you know that millions would be condemned to death? How many Iraqi's have died due to the instability we have caused. Have you considered that maybe our pull out will bring stability back to the country? I grant you that it would take time and probably bloodshed, but it is their country. As long as we are in Iraq, then there will be instability there.
Do you not have any understanding of the American military's complete involvement in the world Do you have any idea how many people the US keeps alive everyday?
South Korea- Overrun and every supporter killed the minute we pull out....
Iraq & mideast et al- overrun and every supporter killed the minute we pull out. (Religious secterian war)
Tiawan- Don't be fooled China would wipe 'em out if we left.
Not to mention Bosnia,Kosovo etc.You think the UN's going to help them out if we pulled out

The only thing that would be good about our complete pull out from the mideast is that Isreal would have a free hand and would probably treat us to a spectular Nuculer light show

Old 01-16-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I am actually an immigrant (legal) to the United States and I served in the Italian army. I am a US citizen now.
The Ities have an army??? Good rifles I bet, never been fired and only dropped once!!!!

P.S. Sorry I couldn't resist thats an old joke!

Old 01-16-2008, 05:13 PM

80 posts, read 41,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
The Ities have an army??? Good rifles I bet, never been fired and only dropped once!!!!

P.S. Sorry I couldn't resist thats an old joke!
I heard that one before but it used the French instead of Italians. It's OK, I am used to it.

Last edited by Perseus; 01-16-2008 at 05:50 PM..

Old 01-16-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Do you not have any understanding of the American military's complete involvement in the world Do you have any idea how many people the US keeps alive everyday?
South Korea- Overrun and every supporter killed the minute we pull out....
Iraq & mideast et al- overrun and every supporter killed the minute we pull out. (Religious secterian war)
Tiawan- Don't be fooled China would wipe 'em out if we left.
Not to mention Bosnia,Kosovo etc.You think the UN's going to help them out if we pulled out

The only thing that would be good about our complete pull out from the mideast is that Isreal would have a free hand and would probably treat us to a spectular Nuculer light show
The point is...it is their problem or a problem for the much vaunted United Nations. It is not a United States problem. Don't you get it?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I heard that one before but it used the French instead of Italians. It's OK, I am used to American ignorance. Sorry I couldn't resist.
I thought you said your an American?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:20 PM

Last edited by Perseus; 01-16-2008 at 05:49 PM..

Old 01-16-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I thought you said your an American?
But Yes, I am an American now and I swore to uphold the Constitution when I gave up my Italian passport and Green Card to become American.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
I have had to endure quite a bit of insults by many Americans in the 25+ years I have been in this country. It is that same type of arrogance and ignorance that people like Glitch, and I guess you too, see the world.
I am sorry people have treated you badly. I for one want to go to Italy and have many Italian friends, great people.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am sorry people have treated you badly. I for one want to go to Italy and have many Italian friends, great people.
Look. There is racism etc. all over the world, not just in the US, and that most certainly includes Italy. But let's just not use it. I am sorry I tee'd off on it. No one is perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections