Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:48 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Why do they Hate us
We're Infidels!
And pretty much because of everthing the secular left stands for and by doing so they believe we have contaminated their cultures..... thats why they hate us

And what about the secular right? Or are you implying it doesn't exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 06:48 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
I think we just put ourselves out there too much.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:51 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And what about the secular right? Or are you implying it doesn't exist?
Oh no, But I submit that folks on the left tend to be more seculer the those on the right.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Left , right, isn't their a center?

Old 01-15-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Oh no, But I submit that folks on the left tend to be more seculer the those on the right.

Or maybe they just don't feel compelled to wear thir faith on their sleeve like some alleged men of God like Pat Robertson who advocates assaination or some of the other charmers Swaggart, Haggard, Baker..................

Maybe they realize that government and religion should remain separate.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 PM

80 posts, read 41,172 times
Still waiting on Glitch's sources.

Last edited by Perseus; 01-15-2008 at 07:35 PM..

Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 PM

I guess Glitch finally realized we (and the British) have been scr**ing the Muslims for a long time. Have to love that Public Education.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:00 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
Do you have a source to back up this claim? And don't forget to include our support of Israel up to and including the 1946 war.

Truman and US Support for Israel
So now it isn't just when and where our troops are based, but also who we support or don't support. No matter what I post, you will simply find another excuse for killing more innocent Americans. If I say the US is a completely isolationist state, you will respond with "we should have shared our resources with fanatics." Anything to justify killing Americans.

Perhaps you should read up on some US history, particularly the Barbary Wars. Those same Islamic fanatics were killing Americans while John Adams and James Madison were President 200+ years ago, then try to manufacture yet another excuse for killing more innocent Americans.

Typical "Hate America First" rhetoric.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

What's typical are baseless accusations of hatred when some can't defend their positions.

Last edited by burdell; 01-15-2008 at 09:30 PM..

Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
So now it isn't just when and where our troops are based, but also who we support or don't support. No matter what I post, you will simply find another excuse for killing more innocent Americans. If I say the US is a completely isolationist state, you will respond with "we should have shared our resources with fanatics." Anything to justify killing Americans.

Perhaps you should read up on some US history, particularly the Barbary Wars. Those same Islamic fanatics were killing Americans while John Adams and James Madison were President 200+ years ago, then try to manufacture yet another excuse for killing more innocent Americans.

Glitch. You make claims but then can't back them up.

Your "Hate America First" rhetoric is the same diatribe that was used during the Vietnam war "Love it or leave it". Members of my family fought in Vietnam.

I love this country. All of my posts here have all been about my love of this country.

Support your claims or just give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections