Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 12:34 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Realistically speaking, I KNOW Trump won't win, that is why I support him. He should be the wake up call for Republican party. Reform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 12:36 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
I like trump because he is tearing the other stooges a new one. I can't wait for the debates. He is going to tear them up. Funny thing is that the other candidates seem like they are afraid of him. If he goes rogue he will tear the Republican Party up...

Old 07-26-2015, 12:37 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Trump is playing the Ross Perot card. He will switch to run as a independent and he will split the conservative vote giving the democrat the White House. Trump has no intentions of being President ... he is just making sure a Republican does not win. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Trump is playing the Ross Perot card. He will switch to run as a independent and he will split the conservative vote giving the democrat the White House. Trump has no intentions of being President ... he is just making sure a Republican does not win. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
That is why a lot of people say he is not really a conservative Republican.

I think he is a great businessman. No more, no less. His attitude, and every move will ensure that his family business stays on top. He is my idol.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:56 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is why a lot of people say he is not really a conservative Republican.

I think he is a great businessman. No more, no less. His attitude, and every move will ensure that his family business stays on top. He is my idol.
He's not really even that great of a businessman. It's true he's made a lot of money (and had 3 bankruptcies as well, let us not forget) but keep in mind that he inherited a big chunk of change (his father was a slumlord) so he had a lot of money to start with. On the face of it the money he's made makes it appear he's a financial genius - until you realize that had he taken that money and just blindly invested it in a S&P 500 index fund, he'd be worth even more than he is today (and that's using no financial skill or business smarts AT ALL - just putting the money on autopilot and letting it just grow).

Ken

Old 07-26-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
He's not really even that great of a businessman. It's true he's made a lot of money (and had 3 bankruptcies as well, let us not forget) but keep in mind that he inherited a big chunk of change (his father was a slumlord) so he had a lot of money to start with. On the face of it the money he's made makes it appear he's a financial genius - until you realize that had he taken that money and just blindly invested it in a S&P 500 index fund, he'd be worth even more than he is today (and that's using no financial skill or business smarts AT ALL - just putting the money on autopilot and letting it just grow).

Ken
Well, I won't say he is the greatest, but in my life time, he is one of the best because he masters one thing: publicity.

That is all he needs. He knows people would attack him because he disrespected a war hero (Mccain) Does the remark hurt him? Don't think so. He knows people are going to attack him for buying politicians? He admits it himself. LOL Donald Trump gave Lindsey Graham's cell number away and destroyed him! lol

He knows how to work the media. He knows that he cannot satisfy everybody. He knows what he is doing. He is NOT going away.

By the way, Disney was once just a struggling filmmaker with too many bills. Dude survived Bankruptcy maybe several times.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, I won't say he is the greatest, but in my life time, he is one of the best because he masters one thing: publicity.

That is all he needs.
He IS a master of that - which is why he is where he is.
But a President needs to be more than just "publicity".
He doesn't have a chance of becoming President - or even of taking the GOP nomination.
He'll self-destruct at some point because he doesn't engage his brain before he opens his mouth. At some point he'll go to far and lose the GOP lead. He'll then run as an independent.

Ken

Old 07-26-2015, 01:04 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The best reason to support Trump is that most of the Obama supporters don't like him.

The past seven years would suggest that such supporters are the perfect reverse barometer of competence and an effective POTUS.
We have an Elections forum.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:08 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
Quote:

Ken
I said this on another thread and it's worth repeating here. Trump is a multi billionaire with ownership in over 400 businesses and has created thousands of jobs over the years. Only four of his business filed Chapter 11. That's an impressive record by any standard.

How many businesses do you own?

Old 07-26-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
He IS a master of that - which is why he is where he is.
But a President needs to be more than just "publicity".

He doesn't have a chance of becoming President - or even of taking the GOP nomination.
He'll self-destruct at some point because he doesn't engage his brain before he opens his mouth. At some point he'll go to far and lose the GOP lead. He'll then run as an independent.

Ken
I agree, I said I support him for staying in. I never said he would be the president.

Republican party should thank Trump for giving them a wake up call. Matter of fact, I believe it is going to be Clinton vs Bush all over again. You should go to the election forum. Many interesting posts there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections