Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 08:20 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't recall Trump proposing to invade other countries.

[it is not necessary to resort to hyperbole]
Where have you been? Trump wants to invade Syria and Iraq and seize the oil fields, and has suggested invading Mexico.

“We should have invaded Mexico”: Donald Trump bashes Iraq war, suggests a different one: Report - Salon.com
Trump, according to the alternative weekly — which sources their account to someone inside the room who wishes to remain anonymous — said that the U.S. should not have invaded Iraq. He couched his criticism of George W. Bush in geopolitics, and argued that a strong Iraq was a necessary counter-balance against Iran.

All reasonable enough. Until this: “Instead, we should have invaded Mexico.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 08:21 PM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
in how???? you don't think that what illegals are doing with the ANCHOR BABIES and cheating the system goers too far?

why have immigration laws and a process when an illegal, poor or rich can say SCREW IT, I will get pregnant and have it in the U.S. and that will make my baby a U.S. citizen with rights and tied up the system for years. You can't kick out the parents of a U.S. citizen minor without due process. What are they going to do with the minor of illegals? you can't deport the parents and leave the minor here by themselves, that minor is a U.S. Citizen....so that's a loophole that its being exploited.

don't you think that is bad loophole in the 14th amendment that we need to addressed? going to far is trying to kill the debate with the silly arguments that the left is making. If you bring it up then you must be a racist and a hater.
Actually, the illegal parents being deported have the choice of taking their minor kids back with them to their homeland. Deemed U.S. citizens or not.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Hitler wanted to exterminate Jews....Trump want foreigners to RESPECT our laws and stop cheating our system.

I swear, Liberals are desperate when they come up with these silly arguments.
I know, next they will be saying we plan on putting illegal aliens into gas chambers.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They don't need special units to arrest the above criminals. When found they are automatically arrested and face what justice there is for those particular crimes. They don't let them go when found but that is what is happening with illegal aliens and in fact are being given a blanket, temporary pass on justice and our laws. Not making an argument that all crimes are equal.
The argument I responded to claimed that the government isnt allowed to prioritize. So, if that was you, then in your response, you were indeed making that argument.

As for not deporting illegals, that is legal. The law does not say they have to be deported simply for being here. That is not the law, that is one of many possible punishments, which is exactly why i said there are more laws on the books than you thought.

Quote:
The formal removal of an alien from the United States when the alien has been found removable for violating the immigration laws. Deportation is ordered by an immigration judge without any punishment being imposed or contemplated. Prior to April 1997 deportation and exclusion were separate removal procedures. The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 consolidated these procedures. After April 1, 1997, aliens in and admitted to the United States may be subject to removal based on deportability. Now called Removal, this function is managed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The argument I responded to claimed that the government isnt allowed to prioritize. So, if that was you, then in your response, you were indeed making that argument.

As for not deporting illegals, that is legal. The law does not say they have to be deported simply for being here. That is not the law, that is one of many possible punishments, which is exactly why i said there are more laws on the books than you thought.
One of the possible punishments? When does the law exclude them from deportation/removal and for what reason? What are the alternate punishments?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:50 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,782 times
Trump for president, no more being subtly recolonized by people from south of the border!! No more liberal, bleeding heart political correctness, and politicians trying to beef up there voting populaces by allowing more and more illegals into the USA. No more anchor babies!!....the party is over. Thank God...go Trump!!!

Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
It is too late to stop illegal immigration. You cannot win a general election without at least 40% of the Hispanic vote unless we have a third competitive candidate. Trump's best shot is as an independent.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
One of the possible punishments? When does the law exclude them from deportation/removal and for what reason? What are the alternate punishments?
I quoted I.C.E. in my post.

It says Deportation is not the only option. I believe the other options are fines and deferment from citizenship if applied for.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:00 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Progs going batty reduced to Hitler comparisons.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 08-21-2015, 09:01 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It is too late to stop illegal immigration. You cannot win a general election without at least 40% of the Hispanic vote unless we have a third competitive candidate. Trump'sbest shot is as an independent.
It is ridiculous to say majority of Hispanic Americans favor illegals.

No American would favor lawlessness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections