Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 12:02 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
A week ago I would have agreed with the OP. Clinton has very limited appeal.

But I like the idea of Biden/Warren.

Biden impressed me in the VP debates. He is quick on his feet and knowledgeable. And old school, Irish Catholic Democrat, with brains, heart, experience, and charm to burn. A vanishing breed. I was also impressed by how helpful he was to Obama, a real team player.

He will face concerns about his age, but if he has a younger, smart running mate, like Warren, it might work. I also liked Webb, but I have not heard much about him recently.
Biden is a clown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 12:03 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Biden is a clown.
So were Reagan and Bush II. It did not seem to hold them back.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:18 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Biden is great, I'm watching the 2012 vice presidential debate to get a refresher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3roG09O6T4

Old 08-23-2015, 12:24 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Biden is great, I'm watching the 2012 vice presidential debate to get a refresher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3roG09O6T4
Biden's a moron, but interestingly enough he said one thing that strongly resonated with me during the 2008 campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuLwjFmESrg

Clinton will be out of the race before the end of the year.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:33 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
A week ago I would have agreed with the OP. Clinton has very limited appeal.

But I like the idea of Biden/Warren.

Biden impressed me in the VP debates. He is quick on his feet and knowledgeable. And old school, Irish Catholic Democrat, with brains, heart, experience, and charm to burn. A vanishing breed. I was also impressed by how helpful he was to Obama, a real team player.

He will face concerns about his age, but if he has a younger, smart running mate, like Warren, it might work. I also liked Webb, but I have not heard much about him recently.
He's 72. 73 around election time. She's 66. Will be 67 by the election. A younger running mate? Where are all the young liberals on this site who are chomping at the bit for all the old, white people to die off? Or do they want every old white person to die off except Biden, Clinton and Warren? THOSE old white people are OK I guess.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:48 AM

609 posts, read 808,885 times
Hillary 2016.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Whom the Democrats nominate is immaterial. They have an overwhelming advantage in voter numbers, particularly among the younger, growing demographic, women, and the burgeoning minority groups -- especially Hispanics, who, if they turn out in sufficient numbers, threaten the GOP base in the western states.

Democrats have convinced a sufficient number of people that only they can provide subsidized living at little or no cost to anyone except the ultra-rich. Republicans are too thick-headed to articulate what they offer in the way of economic opportunity to the poor and middle classes. The result is a Democratic Presidency far into the future.
Nope.

1. Young don't vote in significant numbers AND there is no evidence they all vote for one party. Not even close. Furthermore, all the DNC candidates are in their late 60s or 70s.
  2. You make bad assumption that women vote gender first. They don't. Sarah Palin proves this.
  3. The only minority group that will assuredly vote for the Democrats are African Americans. It's also the demographic not growing percentage wise against the rest.
  4. You make the bad assumption that people of Hispanic descent are block voters and all think alike. The MSM likes to put forth is nonsense yet it is not proved by any real data.
  5. You last paragraph is opinion (Democrats = good, Republicans = bad) so I won't address it. No point to it.
So, if this is what gives you confidence the DNC will win the presidency in 2016, I've got bad news for you. It won't be for any of these reasons.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:43 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Only against Mr. Trump, with a pretty decent margin. See Quinnipiac or Marist polls.

Mick
Are these the same old polls from July that you keep putting up as somehow being relevant?

Old 08-23-2015, 07:15 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
He has great appeal. His policies are supported by the majority of the American people according to polls, whether it is expanding social security, breaking up the Wall Street banks, repealing Citizens United, $15 minimum wage, universal health care, the list goes on and on. Bernie Sanders is right in the mainstream of public opinion.

The problem is simply name recognition as a result of the DNC refusing to organize more debates and the corporate media who of course do not want to cover him for obvious reasons.

Mainstream?

Old 08-23-2015, 07:18 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Bernie has a real chance of getting the nomination...if Warren doesn't step in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections