Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 09:08 PM

587 posts, read 379,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I already said I never read the bible. Maybe a few excerpts but that's all. And I was talking about my catholic school upbringing where the nuns tried to control us by threatening us with gods punishment. They believed in the old testament.
Catholic nuns believe in both testaments. Jews are the ones that believe in the Old Testament only.

God's punishment is in both testaments. God is also full of love, mercy and compassion in the Old testament. He's really not that different in the new testament.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
So some dumb idiot asked him a personal question and now the election is about the Bible.Look at you people getting fed and digesting it and spewing out what ever comes to mind.No wonder we have Idiots in power.You are led around by the nose and can't even see it.
I don't people are concerned about Trump reading the Bible. I think they want to find out if he is liar and has no idea what the Bible says. Many people suspect Trump has never seen a Bible in his life. He is the one who keeps bringing up in every rally that the Bible is his favorite book.

They want to know if Trump is like Hillary "the liar" Maybe people want to know if Trump's reading comprehension skills are so poor he cannot even remember what his favorite book says.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:36 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Catholic nuns believe in both testaments. Jews are the ones that believe in the Old Testament only.

God's punishment is in both testaments. God is also full of love, mercy and compassion in the Old testament. He's really not that different in the new testament.
And this is the whole problem with religion. Why does god have to punish anyone.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Nope, if I did you'd love me as much as you do your hero Trump. I don't regularly break Commandments like "Thou shalt not commit adultery" like your bald little friend and I have no intention to just to curry favor from people on a message board.
Yes you did.
Originally Posted by CoolZombie
Greedy amoral racist Teabaggers feel their Good Book is garbage when it comes to someone from another nationality, a bunch of repulsive hypocrites.

PS I'm not voting for Trump

You have this bear false witness stuff down pat.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And this is the whole problem with religion. Why does god have to punish anyone.
Most people cherry pick the Bible. Honestly they have to because there many contradictions and because you will look like a crazy person. Those who love to quote the wrath of God to judge others are probably not following neither the Old or the New testament. They will tell you "oh those laws are outdated" how convenient! well then maybe the wrath of God is outdated too.

And don't think it's just the Old testament. I'm sure you have heard of those strange Leviticus laws. The New testament says things like if a man looks at a woman with lust he is committing adultery, forget Ashley Madison, God's adultery database must be way larger than that. Other laws: no woman should have authority or teach over men she is to keep silence. If a man dies his brother has to marry his widow(and Jesus does not disapprove this law). Say what? I could go on lol.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:24 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Most people cherry pick the Bible. Honestly they have to because there many contradictions and because you will look like a crazy person. Those who love to quote the wrath of God to judge others are probably not following neither the Old or the New testament. They will tell you "oh those laws are outdated" how convenient! well then maybe the wrath of God is outdated too.

And don't think it's just the Old testament. I'm sure you have heard of those strange Leviticus laws. The New testament says things like if a man looks at a woman with lust he is committing adultery, forget Ashley Madison, God's adultery database must be way larger than that. Other laws: no woman should have authority or teach over men she is to keep silence. If a man dies his brother has to marry his widow(and Jesus does not disapprove this law). Say what? I could go on lol.
LOL I like you

Old 08-29-2015, 10:46 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Why did he ask him then?
Google "What generally takes place during an interview?"

The answer will fascinate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"What difference at this point does it make"?
Whatever point you're trying to make, I'm sure it's a bad one.

Hillary's resume and credentials leave The Apprentice Guy in the dust.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
This thread shows exactly why Trump dismissed the question.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:42 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,492 times
"the Bible was written by a bunch of old dudes on bad mushroom trips"......George Carlin.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
"What do you call a public servant who doesn't take crap from Republicans or Democrats? Donald Trump".......George Carlin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections