Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 03:30 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
And Ruth said.Entreat me not to leave thee or return to follow after thee, for where thow goeth I shall go and where thou lodgest I shall lodge. Thy people shall be my people and thy god my god.

To sit hear and use a person's religious beliefs and how deeply they know the bible, Koran, ect is stupid. I could say that the Commandments say - Thou Shall Not Kill - and yet dems and libs believe in abortion which to me is much more of a hypocrisy than someone saying they can't recite a Bible verse or whether they sinned or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 03:40 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Religion is a private matter.

Trump realized that had he offered up a quote, it would have been fodder for his enemies to go after him.

He's got a great instinct for this stuff.

BTW....I'm a practicing Catholic and couldn't name a favorite quote from the bible.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Ah -exactly what is Adultery and what was that Bill was doing with Lewinsky in the Oval Office - or maybe you're too young to remember that. Better read up before making such stupid statements.
In what way is Bill Clinton being an adulterer relevant? He's not running for any office and it really kills your argument that you have to bring up someone who last served in political office 15 years ago. Trump cheated on his wives, both adultery and divorce are sins. You conservatives really get into the cult of personality worship, believing Trump to be saintly and a paragon of honesty when hes been a dishonest flip flopping charlatan his whole life. Trump is fortunate to have supporters like you who believe everything his PR department puts out

Old 08-29-2015, 07:33 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,492 times
Barry's favorite verse from his bible....."The Police acted stupidly....!"

Old 08-29-2015, 07:41 AM

587 posts, read 379,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
You don't even know John 3:16 ? Really? You cannot be serious.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
You cannot be a serious Christian, if you don't know that verse.
Many Catholics can't name Bible verses. They know their prayers like the Lord's Prayer, Holy Mary and the apostle's creed. Many even know the mass words by heart. They also might know the content of many books in the Bible, mainly the Gospels's parables but they usually don't know the words verbatim.

It was the reformers who believed in scripture alone. Catholics tend to be more attached to their churches than to the Bible.

I believe Trump claims to be Presbyterian. He has never looked like a very religious person but my guess is he might not wanna scare some independents and less conservative republicans by sounding too religious.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:43 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
No problem he will fit in with most mega church crowd
Lots of bibles most unopened

Old 08-29-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
To sit hear and use a person's religious beliefs and how deeply they know the bible, Koran, ect is stupid. I could say that the Commandments say - Thou Shall Not Kill - and yet dems and libs believe in abortion which to me is much more of a hypocrisy than someone saying they can't recite a Bible verse or whether they sinned or not.
Many democrats and liberals don't believe in abortion. There are plenty of sins regular people commit that would put them in your hypocrite category.

I don't think there is a single person in this planet who follows all Old Testament rules especially Leviticus rules. Now if you believe what the Apostle Paul said about "the Law" then you probably wouldn't follow most of the rules in the Old Testament.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
No problem he will fit in with most mega church crowd
Lots of bibles most unopened
Since the last election Trump has been approaching Evangelican churches and making donations to win that crowd

Many of these religious people don't have a problem with Trump's past which includes an adultery episode, the Giuliani's dressed in drag incident where Trump kissed his neck and he put his head in Giulini's fake breasts, his liberal views on abortion etc Because their church leaders are promoting Trump. If their leaders tell them Trump is a good Christian then it must be true.

In the meantime baking a cake for a gay couple is a sin. Religious brainwashing at its best.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But I am a christian and couldn't tell you a single verse in the bible. lol Sorry. So it should't be held against anyone. Maybe I was absent for bible days
Old Testament or New Testament? "Probably Both".

Surely you could have done better than that. IF not - why claim the Bible is your favorite book?

He's turned into another political hack - pimping for the evangelical vote.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:00 AM

Trump could have said "Old Testament in the morning, New Testament in the evening with my little wine and my little cracker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections