Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 10:17 PM

609 posts, read 506,112 times

Advertisements

I'm very looking forward to the day when Billy Graham and his sons will give their blessing to Donald Trump for President. After endorsing Mitt Romney, Evangelicals had to fix-up their website and remove their disdain for Mormonism.
Will the Southern Evangelicals remove their hate for Adulterers and divorced men? Will Evangelicals endorse a guy, who doesn't know a single Bible Verse and lies about going to Church and is Pro-Choice?
This will be a fascinating 6 months in Presidential Politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 10:25 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
This will be a fascinating 6 months in Presidential Politics.
agree with that.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:31 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump panders to Christians - calls the Bible his favorite book - but refuses to name his favorite bible verses.

"I'm wondering what one or two of your favorite Bible verses are"

Trump: "Well, I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal."
"You know when I talk about the Bible it's very personal"

"There's no verse you that means a lot to you that you think about or cite?"

Trump: "The Bible means a lot to me but I don't want to get into specifics"

"Even to cite a verse you like?"

Trump: "No. I don't want to do that"

"Old Testament guy or New testament guy?"

Trump: "Probably equal"

Seriously? I'm catholic and couldn't name you any bible verse. Does that make me any less of a catholic...no it doesn't lol

Old 08-28-2015, 11:07 PM

609 posts, read 506,112 times
You don't even know John 3:16 ? Really? You cannot be serious.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
You cannot be a serious Christian, if you don't know that verse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously? I'm catholic and couldn't name you any bible verse. Does that make me any less of a catholic...no it doesn't lol

Old 08-28-2015, 11:10 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,454,648 times
for anyone interested in the topic:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daveodegard/...tes#.glxNe8LzQ

most of the picks seem to be based on speculation but still interesting. the bible does get multiple mentions ( including in a side link to hillary's favorite books ).

Old 08-28-2015, 11:11 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
You don't even know John 3:16 ? Really? You cannot be serious.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
You cannot be a serious Christian, if you don't know that verse.
But I am a christian and couldn't tell you a single verse in the bible. lol Sorry. So it should't be held against anyone. Maybe I was absent for bible days

Old 08-29-2015, 12:01 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But I am a christian and couldn't tell you a single verse in the bible. lol Sorry. So it should't be held against anyone. Maybe I was absent for bible days

And Ruth said.Entreat me not to leave thee or return to follow after thee, for where thow goeth I shall go and where thou lodgest I shall lodge. Thy people shall be my people and thy god my god.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:15 AM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol--sure Trump is real charmer when it comes to women.

"You know, it doesn't really matter what the media write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass." -- from an interview with Trump in Esquire, 1991.

“The most difficult aspect of the prenuptial agreement is informing your future wife (or husband): I love you very much, but just in case things don’t work out, this is what you will get in the divorce. There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else. The other is the calculating woman who refuses to sign the prenuptial agreement because she is expecting to take advantage of the poor, unsuspecting sucker she’s got in her grasp. There is also the woman who will openly and quickly sign a prenuptial agreement in order to make a quick hit and take the money given to her.” -- Trump: The Art of the Comeback, 1997

See this is the problems with libs - especially you En - they answer a question with a question or continue to address their original statement - they never answer the question presented to them. You deflect and Dems have been doing that for years in the White House. So now a Republican deflects and they call him out - never bothering to look at themselves in the mirror.

This is why I question my party affiliation. This is no longer the Democrats of yesteryear, who had an answer to the question and could prove their point or argue the question - we now have a bunch of double talkers who don't mind spending money as long as it's not theirs and blindly accept what ever the party throws at them. They can't present valid arguments and deflect with every question asked. Have we gotten dumber or are you just trained better to follow your master?

Old 08-29-2015, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Nope, if I did you'd love me as much as you do your hero Trump. I don't regularly break Commandments like "Thou shalt not commit adultery" like your bald little friend and I have no intention to just to curry favor from people on a message board.

Ah -exactly what is Adultery and what was that Bill was doing with Lewinsky in the Oval Office - or maybe you're too young to remember that. Better read up before making such stupid statements.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Only in right-wing echo chamber is "What's your favorite book?" a gotcha question.

Only in the right-wing echo chamber is Donald's response (naming a book he's never read) a smart way of answering.

Only in a Democratic White House:

I did not have sex.

This is the first I'm hearing of it. I heard about it on the news like you all did. If I had a son - and last but not least What does it matter?

Come on folks - there's enough stones to throw on each side - your eviscerating Trump is going to make people like him more not less - just like with Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections