Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 11:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Speaking of, bear false witness much?
Hey, you just demonstrated more knowledge of the Bible than Trump ever has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 11:03 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Trump is all about winning. He'll say whatever he has to to win.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:10 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Well then the secularist liberals ought to be falling all over themselves to support the Trumpster.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Well, we already know that Trumps feels he has never sinned and has never asked forgiveness from God. So I assume when asked the question~ "....
How would you know this? Did you ask him? If not, then it makes the rest of your post moot.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:13 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump is all about winning. He'll say whatever he has to to win.
No. That is reserved for people like Hillary, Jeb Bush, other career politicians and their false outrage over what Trump has said.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:34 AM

119 posts, read 95,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
In that case he shouldn't have thrown his religion into the electoral ring.
Strategic move in my opinion. He can't win the primary without the fundie vote.

He also got just what he likes. More attention and publicity.

He's not my guy, but you can't win elections without pandering to your base.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:06 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Speaking of, bear false witness much?
Nope, if I did you'd love me as much as you do your hero Trump. I don't regularly break Commandments like "Thou shalt not commit adultery" like your bald little friend and I have no intention to just to curry favor from people on a message board.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:06 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How would you know this? Did you ask him? If not, then it makes the rest of your post moot.
This is what he has said:

Quote:
Donald Trump said Saturday that "I am not sure that I have" ever asked God for forgiveness, telling the 2015 Iowa Family Leadership Summit that "I just go on and try to do a better job from there.

"I don't think so," Trump, who is Presbyterian, said in response to the question from pollster and summit host Frank Luntz. Trump was among 10 Republican presidential candidates at the daylong event in Ames, Iowa.

"If I do something wrong, I think I just try to make it right," Trump said. "I don't bring God into that picture. I don't.

"When we go into church — and when I drink my little wine, which is about the only wine I drink, and have my little cracker — I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness. I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed, OK?

"But, to me, that is important," Trump said. "In terms of officially, I could tell you absolutely. I don't think in terms of that. I think in terms of, 'Let's go on and let's make it right.'"
Trump: I Don't Think I've Ever Asked God for Forgiveness

Mick

Old 08-28-2015, 05:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump panders to Christians - calls the Bible his favorite book - but refuses to name his favorite bible verses.

"I'm wondering what one or two of your favorite Bible verses are"

Trump: "Well, I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal."
"You know when I talk about the Bible it's very personal"

"There's no verse you that means a lot to you that you think about or cite?"

Trump: "The Bible means a lot to me but I don't want to get into specifics"

"Even to cite a verse you like?"

Trump: "No. I don't want to do that"

"Old Testament guy or New testament guy?"

Trump: "Probably equal"

I don't really think he panders to Christians; he is doing what any candidate would do. I don't like the guy, but I really haven't seen him push religion or trying to recruit the evangelicals anymore than he has any other group. Plus, why do you bring religion into this? Most of us do not vote or I hope we don't, based on someone's religious views. As for his saying the Bible is his favorite book, I don't find the statement out of line, conpared to a lot of other things he has said. Remember, Mexicans are his friends, a lot of them work for him or he was a good friend of Reagans, he helped Reagan. I could go on and on, he will say what he thinks he has to say.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Here are some things I think are happening.

One is the deepening estrangement between the elites and the non-elites in America. This is the area in which Trumpism flourishes.

Second, Mr. Trump’s support is not limited to Republicans, not by any means.

Third, the traditional mediating or guiding institutions within the Republican universe—its establishment, respected voices in conservative media, sober-minded state party officials—have little to no impact on Mr. Trump’s rise. Some say voices of authority should stand up to oppose him, which will lower his standing. But Republican powers don’t have that kind of juice anymore. Mr. Trump’s supporters aren’t just bucking a party, they’re bucking everything around, within and connected to it.

America Is So in Play - WSJ

These people do not care what he reads because it isn't about him. He knows that which is why he knows he can say whatever he wants.

This loss of party power is what McCain/Feingold was trying to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections