Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump panders to Christians - calls the Bible his favorite book - but refuses to name his favorite bible verses.

"I'm wondering what one or two of your favorite Bible verses are"

Trump: "Well, I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal."
"You know when I talk about the Bible it's very personal"

"There's no verse you that means a lot to you that you think about or cite?"

Trump: "The Bible means a lot to me but I don't want to get into specifics"

"Even to cite a verse you like?"

Trump: "No. I don't want to do that"

"Old Testament guy or New testament guy?"

Trump: "Probably equal"

Nice try, Katz ... I don't have a "favorite verse" that I could quote either.

Look, we all know you and others on your side are doing their best to smear Trump, and for that matter, every Republican running. Lay off for a while, and take a look at your own lousy candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I do get it. Trump has no idea whats in the Bible. Nothing wrong with that except Trump claims the Bible is his favorite book. "The Bible! Nothing beats the Bible"
You don't have any idea what's in the Bible. I'll bet Trump knows more than you do.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:13 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'll bet Trump knows more than you do.
Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,.."

Jeremiah 9:23

Old 08-27-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
How ironic. People bash Obama for years as not being Christian enough, yet he actually has knowledge of the Bible and Christianity and goes to church.
Is that why he so often misquotes the Bible, and the meaning of scripture? He doen't know it very well.

Where does he go to church?

Quote:
Trump cracks a joke about having a drink and crackers for 'communion,' kisses up to Evangelicals, and knows nothing about the religion.
What makes you so sure? I'll bet he knows more than you do.

Besides, since when did you people want a President that could quote scripture? What is the value of being able to quote scripture? Many of you non-believers can quote a passage or two ... but you have no clue what it means.
Quote:
The fanboys make excuses.

Trump's next book will be entitled "The Art of Pandering (or how to run for GOP nominee and pretend you are a Christian Republican)".
And what will Hilary's next book be? "How to lie and cheat and avoid going to jail?"

Old 08-27-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,.."

Jeremiah 9:23
Well, congratulations.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
He misquotes the Bible every time he cites it.

Laughable. He calls it, "the good book."

Old 08-27-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
So what. If the good Christians care so little about the direction their country is heading, then they can sit on their ass during election again. They refused to vote for Romney because he was not the right religion.
I can't name a bible verse but I believe in God. I don't sit and read John till I drool.
I don't think that was the reason they didn't vote for Romney. A lot of well meaning Christians voted for Obama, or he wouldn't have won. I conclude that there were other reasons they didn't vote for Romney. Obama is a master of deception, and I think he has deceived a lot of people into believing his rhetoric. Turns out he can lie like the best of them. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Trump panders to Christians - calls the Bible his favorite book - but refuses to name his favorite bible verses.

"I'm wondering what one or two of your favorite Bible verses are"

Trump: "Well, I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal."
"You know when I talk about the Bible it's very personal"

"There's no verse you that means a lot to you that you think about or cite?"

Trump: "The Bible means a lot to me but I don't want to get into specifics"

"Even to cite a verse you like?"

Trump: "No. I don't want to do that"

"Old Testament guy or New testament guy?"

Trump: "Probably equal"

This will be the election season where separation of church and state will suddenly become important to those who will still argue that people have the right to deny baked goods to paying customers because of their religious beliefs.

Yea, they will kneel at the altar of this thrice-married hedonistic, serial adulterer and declare it good.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:46 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've read the bible many times in my 58 years and yet could not recite one passage. Just because the bible is one of my favorite books does not mean I can recite it. I try to live by the lessons it teaches which to me is much more honorable than being able to recite a passage verbatim.
Nobody asked him to recite a verse verbatim but if you claim to have a favorite book you should be able to say what your favorite parts are. Trump hasn't even read the Cliff's Notes.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think that was the reason they didn't vote for Romney. A lot of well meaning Christians voted for Obama, or he wouldn't have won. I conclude that there were other reasons they didn't vote for Romney. Obama is a master of deception, and I think he has deceived a lot of people into believing his rhetoric. Turns out he can lie like the best of them. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."
Or they could have just stayed at home and not voted at all. Or voted 3rd party. Or do a write in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections