Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 03:48 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He's still going to have a problem getting the middle class to vote for him.
Umm, really? Just who do you think is supporting Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 04:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
They don't. Leftwing wackos do. Then again, I don't consider them "people".
Just like the Nazis didn't consider Jews, Gypsies and gay folks "people,"

How Fascist minds think alike.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:46 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Oh Lord. My point was you misread what I wrote. I did not say he was in the tabloids JUST for being racist every 10 seconds. I said a whole long list of things he was in the tabloids every 10 seconds for, racism was just the last one I listed. You only quoted the last part of the sentence. The sentence was about how he was constantly in the tabloids over foolishness.

Then I told you to google all his stupid controversies yourself of you want a history of dumb stuff Donald Trump has gotten himself into over the years.

Or do you deny he's been a public controversy machine since the 80s?

You can be obtuse as you want to, I still don't see him as anything other than Donald Trump, Professional Loudmouth. **shrugs**

**gets ready for a BUT, OBAMA! BUT,CLINTON! post. LOL***
Why would you care what a tabloid says or even quote them? Are you kidding? They don't print the truth they exaggerate, spin and lie to sell their products based on sensationalism. He hasn't said anything racist about anyone unless you consider facts to be racist. So he has been a public controversy? Who cares? Only those who hate him do. I don't even mind that he is a loudmouth. I don't shoot the messenger. I pay attention to the message.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The misinformed voters that voted Obama twice.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:24 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
He's still going to have a problem getting the middle class to vote for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Uneducated, low income voters:

Quote:
Perhaps the starkest characteristic of Trump's supporters is that they are not well educated. Of those Republicans who have decided which candidate to support, 58% of those who lack a high school diploma support Donald Trump.
Quote:
Donald Trump's poll performance by income:

source: Who is voting for Trump?

Old 10-30-2015, 06:36 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Uneducated, low income voters:

source: Who is voting for Trump?
Where is the viable source of study for these stats? I didn't see any. It's apparently a leftist, Trump-hating opinion with no proof provided at all to their claims. Try again. It's not nice to call the supporters of any candidate as being stupid or that they fit a certain income. But then Trump haters like to demonize anyone who may support him. We're used to it.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:40 PM

254 posts, read 145,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Just like the Nazis didn't consider Jews, Gypsies and gay folks "people,"

How Fascist minds think alike.
Thanks for being part of the problem

Old 10-30-2015, 06:41 PM

254 posts, read 145,973 times
Quote:
No, that would be the Hillitary.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:41 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Many of them want to transform our country into Mexico also just without their politics.
Actually, there are a lot of parallels between Twentieth Century Mexican politics and what the "progressive elite" have in mind.

For obvious reasons, the first stirrings of the Industrial Age came to Mexico a few decades later than it did to North America or Western Europe. But by the mid-Nineteenth Century, the earliest trappings of an infrastructure -- railroads and a few factories -- were under development. This process always requires a period of forced saving and capital formation, to the detriment of immediate consumption; most of the early examples revolved around protective tariffs, but one exception was Josef Stalin, who simply collectivized agriculture, and left large numbers of the former peasantry to starve.

In Mexico, that role was assumed by Porfirio Diaz, who ruled with an iron hand from 1867 until advancing age and the lack of a successor caught up with him in 1911; once "Don Porfirio" was deposed, his nation endured a series of revolutions usually led by incompetent petty tyrants, of which "Pancho" Villa is the most-remembered among Americans. Although Diaz' immediate successor Francisco Madero probably had the best intentions, every Mexican leader who "served" between 1911 and 1928 died by violence.

Stability finally evolved (or devolved) in the form of something called the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI), an alliance between various economic interests and the owners of the large haciendas which continued to dominate Mexico's still largely-agrarian economy, and formulated mostly by a group of academics lead by one Plutarco Calles. The clique was pragmatic, atheistic, well-organized and completely ruthless -- squelching several labor uprisings outside its own sanctions; it purposely tolerated a small "sham" opposition called the National Alliance Party (PAN) composed of a relatively small group of conservative academics and devout Catholics, it never mounted a serious challenge to the PRI through the end of the Twentieth Century.

The façade of the invincibility and infallibility of the PRI began to crack with a student/labor uprising in 1968 which tarnished Mexico's hosting of that year's Olympic Games and the Presidency of Gustavo Diaz Ordaz. But another 32 years would pass before another unlikely alliance between an emerging Mexican professional and middle class and the more-militant Leftists brought a non-PRI candidate to the Mexican Presidency in the form of entrepreneur Vicente Fox.

In the fifteen years and two elections which have since passed, Mexican politics has demonstrated greater diversity and one result has been the further flowering of the nation's basic economy. But as we are all aware, narco-terrorism continues to cast a huge shadow regardless of the party in power, and the PRI retains a large degree of control in many provinces and at many levels.

And I challenge any of the people over in Left Field to deny that they wouldn't welcome the "progressive" Democrats assuming a PRI-style one-party dominance on this side of the border.

Fortunately for all of us, the American electorate has shown an increasing preference for "divided government" in recent years, Donald Trump is hardly my idea of a political figure with any sense of intellect or dignity, but if he has the would-be oligarchists over in LeftyLand a little shaken up -- he can't be all bad.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-30-2015 at 07:49 PM..

Old 10-30-2015, 06:53 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Ridiculous comment!

Do you seriously think that Obama supporters are going to vote for Trump? They are going to vote for Hillary or Bernie. You didn't know this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections