Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 01:31 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
Beg to differ. Blacks are better off with Obama and that's why they voted him. NOT FOR HIS SKIN COLOR
1. Get out of jail free card with non-violent crime
2. Raising minimum wage
3. Healthcare for all
4. Supports BLM

Really? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ack-americans/

Incarceration gap widens between whites and blacks | Pew Research Center

African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama « CBS DC

Sadly, I think the only thing the black community has gained in during the Obama years is the ability to deny reality.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I don't know, maybe because it's only the most prominent and powerful position?
So the fact that a black Democrat is sitting in the white house doesnt destroy that whole argument then ?

Half of you think Hillary's VP will be Julian Castro

Old 11-04-2015, 01:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,928,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ben Carson is dangerous because he is a prominent, successful black man who embraces conservatism. That's why he is a threat to liberals and democrat dominance over blacks, because he is showing a road to success that does not require government support.
So you don't consider Food Stamps and Public Housing to be "government support?"

If you think I'm getting this from some left-wing site, read his book. He talks about when he was very poor living in Detroit and Boston in subsidized public housing and how ashamed his mother was when they needed Food Stamps to buy groceries.

So he took advantage of government programs and is now saying "but we were ashamed." He reminds me of that clerk in Kentucky who was married 4 or 5 times and even had a baby by a man who was not her husband (which means she cheated on him) and then talks about the sanctity of marriage.

They're all hypocrites.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-04-2015 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: did not edit, went to the wrong post!

Old 11-04-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
maybe if you are a race baiter.

Black people do not hold ourselves to a lower standard than the rest of society. I dont know you, so my best analysis of what you 2 are saying is that you are viewing acknowledgement of societal struggles as acceptance and I can assure you that the 2 of those are not the same, but you should be able to interprete that yourselves just as you do of any other conflict.

either you dont want to, or you dont care and you are as I said before, race baiters.

You may not hold yourself or even the black community to a lower standard, but the democrat party does. They think you are incapable of obtaining an ID card to carry on business, including voting. They think you are incapable of obtaining entry into colleges or getting hired without a quota system, because they must believe that a black person cannot achieve the same level of success as anyone else.

Even Obama thinks black folks are too stupid to make informed voting decisions and that they vote party lines only. https://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ob...lots_is_racis/

As a former democrat, I came to realize that I hold none of these views, which is why I no longer vote with that party.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:41 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Nobody cared about the black vote when they voted against gay marriage.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:43 PM

2,408 posts, read 1,526,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Silly white Republicans. This is why no minority takes you seriously. You think parading an Uncle Tom, Uncle Chan, or Tio Juan or Mrs. Daisy is going to get people to vote for your party you are SORELY mistaken. To even think that parading The Help around is going to get minorities to vote for you is insulting at best.
What have the democrats done for minorities, other than treat them like people that are incapable of taking care of themselves? Take voter ID laws. Dems claim they are discriminatory, trying to prevent them from voting. What I hear them say is that a certain segment of society is incapable of securing and ID card. You can't do most things without and ID. Voting should also be 1 of those things.

Look at who runs most urban cities. Democrats. Tell me again how much those elected officials are helping their citizens.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:49 PM

31,018 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Silly white Republicans. This is why no minority takes you seriously. You think parading an Uncle Tom, Uncle Chan, or Tio Juan or Mrs. Daisy is going to get people to vote for your party you are SORELY mistaken. To even think that parading The Help around is going to get minorities to vote for you is insulting at best.

"To even think that parading The Help around"

So Carson who is a Neuro Surgeon is a "Tom" and the "Help" in your mind. This is the kind of talk you hear on Lib stick Alley

Old 11-04-2015, 01:50 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,928,206 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
LOL - and yet the lemmings on the left are the first to point and shout racist at "White" Republicans. The only way they can wrap their minds around the fact that the GOP includes women, people of color and people of different races is by demeaning them and using racist slurs against them. Just more proof that the claim of racism from democrats is nothing more than projection.
Actually, I'm a Democrat and was offended by that statement. I remember when Michael Steele was the Chairman for the RNC and people called him an Uncle Tom. It's an insult to both Blacks and Whites to use stereotypes like this.

Ben Carson is well liked because of his gentle demeanor, but he is using this campaign to promote another agenda IMHO. Nobody knew him a year ago. The same happened to Sarah Palin, although she didn't choose to be on the Republican ticket. However, nobody outside of Alaska ever heard of her either. She was already financially comfortable, but she became a multi-millionaire after selling books, hosting her own reality show, appearing on Fox as a political commentator, and getting paid $100,000 or more to speak at events. Dr. Carson is a con artist, and a lot sharper than he comes across on the TV screen. He's an accomplished neurosurgeon who is using the political stage to sell his books. It doesn't matter if he wins the nomination, because he wins either way.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
And you wonder why black people don't vote Republican.
Yet BLM was started by a white guy pretending to be a black person to reap public attention and gain notoriety. Black people DO vote for GOP candidates. Why do you assume that a black person is nothing more that part of a voting block?

Black people not only vote republican, black people run for political offices as republicans....and win those offices. So how does that square with your argument that republicans are racists, when several GOP office holders are black? Do you fall back on the racist assumption that these individuals lack intelligence to think for themselves and are controlled by white people? Do you automatically think of them in terms of racial slurs such as "uncle tom" or "house n-word" to demean and dehumanize them?

Democrats are SUCH hypocrites! Shouting RACIST at every republican, except black republicans, who they demean with racist slurs and immediately diminish any personal success or intellect of them.

Same goes for the mythical "war on women" that the left yammers on about, all while calling any woman running for office on a GOP ticket by the most vile of misogynistic names, or saying they need to be violated or some other vitriol. The real war on women and the real racism towards black people comes from the same party that claims to be their staunchest supporters.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You may not hold yourself or even the black community to a lower standard, but the democrat party does.

A Started out as a volunteer, became an intern, and then an official community organizer with in the party. I have never heard a single member of the party hold the black community or myself to a lower standard.

Quote:
They think you are incapable of obtaining an ID card to carry on business, including voting.
That isnt what "they" think. they realize, that the actual numbers say black people have a lower car ownership rate, and that shutting down the the DMV across 5 or so counties means the closest place is more than 2 hours away in one direction and would cause you to lose a days pay just to get there and back.

Quote:
They think you are incapable of obtaining entry into colleges or getting hired without a quota system.
because they must believe that a black person cannot achieve the same level of success as anyone else.
No, they think racism and legacies exist, which are both true and barriers to entry to college.

Black people were only allowed to attend Public state universities just 50 years ago, and it took 20 years for those numbers to even begin to become significant. many black kids are only the second generation of their family to go to college, where as some whites are legacies who are 5th or 6th generation

You are assuming that acknowledging the troubles of our nation is the same as calling someone stupid,it isnt and I believe you are smart enough to know that.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections