Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:46 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Lies?? I have never heard him claim anything about West Point since becoming a candidate.
Agreed. It's so unfair to look at what he said before he became a candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 10:46 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
I don't see the same scrutiny over Barack's books where he totally fabricated people by creating composites of many people.
And you won't see the scrutiny. Put a D behind the name and there are no standards, it's like magic.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Lies?? I have never heard him claim anything about West Point since becoming a candidate. If you don't believe everthing written in a book then take it up with the author. It was NOT Ben Carson.
It wasn't?

He's listed as "author", but at this point in time, who knows?

Old 11-06-2015, 10:52 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I'm glad he's leaking all these lies. There's just so much room in one little man, and I'd hate to see him explode when the pressure built.

Of course, he could stack them up in his head. Plenty of room there, and an echo to boot...
I know... he's SUCH a DUMBO!!! I mean, he was a pediatric neurosurgeon... performing brain surgery on children to save their lives ... Pffft! LOL! What a loser!!!

We need someone with YOUR Smart Power! Both watts!

Old 11-06-2015, 11:01 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I know... he's SUCH a DUMBO!!! I mean, he was a pediatric neurosurgeon... performing brain surgery on children to save their lives ... Pffft! LOL! What a loser!!!

Being a pediatric neurosurgeon is impressive but doesn't make him any more qualified for President than an astronaut who went to the moon or someone who found the cure for cancer. What I'd like to hear him talk more about is his experience as a division director in the hospital and co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center. That would at least demonstrate his ability to run something (or not).

Old 11-06-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

Ben Carson's legacy may be removing "brain surgery" as a figure of speech for something that requires high intelligence.

And that may be unfair. He may be quite intelligent, but he's most certainly ignorant of a lot of things. He's trained, but not educated - his knowledge is amile deep and an inch wide.

An educated mind will have the data at its disposal to realize that the idea that biblical Joseph built the pyramids for grain storage won't withstand scrutiny. Letting an intelligent mind work on bad or missing data is a sad waste - garbage in, garbage out.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:05 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Being a pediatric neurosurgeon is impressive but doesn't make him any more qualified for President than an astronaut who went to the moon or someone who found the cure for cancer. What I'd like to hear him talk more about is his experience as a division director in the hospital and co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center. That would at least demonstrate his ability to run something (or not).

Yep. Hillary watching her husband be president does not qualify her for the job. I don't think I would want the wife of Dr Carson operating on me either.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:07 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ben Carson's legacy may be removing "brain surgery" as a figure of speech for something that requires high intelligence.

And that may be unfair. He may be quite intelligent, but he's most certainly ignorant of a lot of things. He's trained, but not educated - his knowledge is amile deep and an inch wide.

An educated mind will have the data at its disposal to realize that the idea that biblical Joseph built the pyramids for grain storage won't withstand scrutiny. Letting an intelligent mind work on bad or missing data is a sad waste - garbage in, garbage out.

I disagree. Every doctor started with a well-rounded college EDUCATION before going to Med School. Med School may be a "trade school", but you have to do more than want to be a doctor to get admitted. It is not the same as "acting" or "journalism" where anyone can do it if they have some "talent" for it.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:12 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
There are other GOP candidates, who I disagree with on policy, who are not such blatant liars on provable facts. Big mistake for the GOP to nominate Carson.

Don't let this keep you up at night. Carson will not be the nominee. Unlike the democrats, the GOP rarely elevates a proven liar to political office, much less the highest office in the land.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:13 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I think someone should call him out for being a vegetarian.

Now I can't support him for Surgeon General, either.

You can keep your guns but we're coming for your meat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections