Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Criticism of Ben Carson Spurred by Racism?
Yes, racism is a part of it. 24 27.27%
No, racism is NOT a part of it. 64 72.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 05:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
In my opinion yes: the liberals can't stand, never have been able to, a successful black Republican, especially a conservative one. So, I call the racist. They did accept Condy Rice a little better because she was not a conservative and she wasn't interested in running for public office. Many wanted to see her run: of those, you can be sure she would have been raked over the coals had she decided to run for President.
Uh, nonsense. In the case of Carson, it's his views that are nonsensical - it's got little to do with his ethnicity.

For the record, and you know that, I respect Dr. Carson's medical career and accomplishments. I've found his comments on public policy to be absurd and clumsy, to say the least. You'll find a lot of African Americans who admire what he's done with himself, but disagree with his views. I think you'll find many people, of what ever political stripe and ethnicity, to concur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Funny how Whites tell us why we don't like black republicans. If one would run with some sense, I.e condi or Colin Powell, a landslide would occur.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,606,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Funny how Whites tell us why we don't like black republicans. If one would run with some sense, I.e condi or Colin Powell, a landslide would occur.
You would vote for Tim Scott, Mia Love, or Jeanne Hampton?

Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Of course, the Democrats have spent years trying to tell minorities that they are too stupid to do anything for themselves and that they NEED the government to support them. This buys them their voter base. Carson is the exception to that. He is smart, funny and tells it like it is. That scares the let who have spent years dumbing down America with lies and corruption.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:18 PM

934 posts, read 595,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
While Republicans will embrace moderate Whites, that rule doesnt apply to Black candidates. You have to be a political or religious extremist to be a darling

Old 11-09-2015, 07:08 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Ben Carson Calls Out Media Double Standard on Obama

Old 11-09-2015, 07:16 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Carson's belief on the double standard is mistaken. Pew did a study in 2008 and Rev. Wright was the most covered issue for 6 months. If I recall correctly the next topic or issue got 1/3 the coverage. The media was using Trinity's sick and dying list to call people for interviews. Yes, the media was calling people on their death beds for interviews. They were also attempting to conduct interviews during services.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Carson's belief on the double standard is mistaken. Pew did a study in 2008 and Rev. Wright was the most covered issue for 6 months. If I recall correctly the next topic or issue got 1/3 the coverage. The media was using Trinity's sick and dying list to call people for interviews. Yes, the media was calling people on their death beds for interviews. They were also attempting to conduct interviews during services.
Which media? Alphabet networks? NYT? CNN?

And if you read the article it's not just him, but media members who admit O probably had it too easy.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:21 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
There is no double standard in the way Carson and Obama are/were treated in the media. It's a total joke for anyone to suggest otherwise. Carson having his autobiography fact-checked is standard fare. He's never held an elected position, so it's not like anyone can vette his voting or policy history. If he can't handle the heat without trying to deflect to someone else then he needs to get out of the race. What a whinny little boy is coming to the surface.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
There is no double standard in the way Carson and Obama are/were treated in the media. It's a total joke for anyone to suggest otherwise.
So say Obama apologists, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections