Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 02:43 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times

Advertisements

I just checked the latest polls in NH and Trump is trouncing all the other candidates by a HUGE +14 margin which makes this demand for tickets seem more than reasonable. I suppose this is an embarrassment to the Dems since it is Bernie's territory. I'm not surprised. "Cream always rises to the top."

Protestors? How sad is that? If they aren't interested in Trump, go home and make sure they vote for their chosen one. This protesting and trying to intimidate the supporters has become insane. Do they think it changes people's minds? I just think the protestors are a bunch of horses' behinds, rude and crude people that weren't taught manners when they were growing up. The ones that go in and "boo", I taught my kids better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 02:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I just checked the latest polls in NH and Trump is trouncing all the other candidates by a HUGE +14 margin which makes this demand for tickets seem more than reasonable. I suppose this is an embarrassment to the Dems since it is Bernie's territory. I'm not surprised. "Cream always rises to the top."

Protestors? How sad is that? If they aren't interested in Trump, go home and make sure they vote for their chosen one. This protesting and trying to intimidate the supporters has become insane. Do they think it changes people's minds? I just think the protestors are a bunch of horses' behinds, rude and crude people that weren't taught manners when they were growing up. The ones that go in and "boo", I taught my kids better than that.
I'm not sure why they'd choose such a small venue to begin with..

Old 01-07-2016, 05:01 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Exactly. You sound like an independent? How dare you think for yourself.

Actually - I've been a proud Democrat for the last 40 yrs but I can't say that my views are not leaning more to the right when I see how far left my party has gone. I was brought up with ethics and morals - as were my kids - but Clinton - despite all the good things he may have done really turned my stomach with his lack of self control and then lying about it on top of it. To think Gary Hart pulled himself from the campaign because of a picture with someone who was not his wife - but then we have a President getting it on in the White House - embarrassing us with the whole world.

I have never voted Republican for a Presidential candidate - I have voted 3rd party when I could stand neither party's candidates - Ross Perot and Gary Johnson - but for the first time in my life - I will probably be voting for a Republican candidate as neither of the Democrats interest me.

After comments made by another concerning burning down a venue - just because they disagree with a candidate - I question whether most of my party can even call themselves Democrats - because it is definitely not what the Democratic party was founded on - allowing others to disagree without prejudice as is their right under the constitution. Seems like there are many that forgot that!

Old 01-07-2016, 05:47 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
If they're going to give free tickets to everyone, Why did they even bother passing out tickets?

Old 01-07-2016, 05:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
they (Trump thugs) turned away anyone other than those who pledged to support him - I thought the purpose of these things was to attract new supporters rather than preach to the choir......

Old 01-07-2016, 05:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
If they're going to give free tickets to everyone, Why did they even bother passing out tickets?
It's an old huckster ploy. Stir the pot and make some news.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:51 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually - I've been a proud Democrat for the last 40 yrs but I can't say that my views are not leaning more to the right when I see how far left my party has gone. I was brought up with ethics and morals - as were my kids - but Clinton - despite all the good things he may have done really turned my stomach with his lack of self control and then lying about it on top of it. To think Gary Hart pulled himself from the campaign because of a picture with someone who was not his wife - but then we have a President getting it on in the White House - embarrassing us with the whole world.

I have never voted Republican for a Presidential candidate - I have voted 3rd party when I could stand neither party's candidates - Ross Perot and Gary Johnson - but for the first time in my life - I will probably be voting for a Republican candidate as neither of the Democrats interest me.

After comments made by another concerning burning down a venue - just because they disagree with a candidate - I question whether most of my party can even call themselves Democrats - because it is definitely not what the Democratic party was founded on - allowing others to disagree without prejudice as is their right under the constitution. Seems like there are many that forgot that!
Exactly!^

Today's democrats are NOT your grandfather's democrats, which is sad because I grew up hearing about all the good things dems did to help the poor, working and middle classes. So I was a staunch democrat until I noticed that these days they fight tooth and nail for illegal aliens while ignoring the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. The last time I voted D for president was in '04.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Unlikely that anyone "bought" tickets as the tickets to these events are not sold.

This is being reported in multiple outlets, and, the 20,000 number came from the Trump camp.
Again, the venue seats 1400.

Now, given Trump's inclinations towards hyperbole, it certainly could be another of his exaggerations, but, these numbers are coming from his campaign.

As the OP notes, why would the campaign knowingly create such a potentially dangerous situation?

Totally irresponsible, IMHO.
Well the same campaign put out a commercial talking about our border while running footage of Morocco and hired actors when Trump announced he was running. They aren't exactly a shining example of integrity.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:54 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if i pulled some stunt like this i would be, without a doubt, shut down and chewed a new one immediately.
i found this interesting:

“If Phish was holding a free concert at the Flynn and gave away 20,000 free tickets, we would cancel the event out of public safety concerns,” [Burlington Police Chief Brandon del Pozo] said. “We are committed to accommodating the campaign because political speech is the very essence of the First Amendment.”

Old 01-07-2016, 05:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
they (Trump thugs) turned away anyone other than those who pledged to support him - I thought the purpose of these things was to attract new supporters rather than preach to the choir......
We thought the same thing, but when you consider Trump does not like to be challenged, hates dissent and wants adulation from the audience, it is pretty easy to understand. How do they prove their loyalty to the dear leader? Tattoos, handing over their first born?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections