Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Right.. they stopped and asked thousands and thousands of people to stop and pledge to support him before letting them in..

Donald Trump bars undecided voters at Vermont rally - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 07:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not sure why they'd choose such a small venue to begin with..
So that there will be more people clamoring to get in the event than are actually in the venue. Media will cover the crowd outside more than the one inside.
It is so scripted by the trump people that it is obvious and anyone who has ever done political productions know exactly what he's doing. I did technical support for John McCain's and Palin's stops in Arizona including the Arizona Biltmore fiasco. Lighting, sound etc. This is an old ruse to convey to the rest of the world how HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! Donald Trump is. They book a 5000 seat venue and it's just another stop on a long campaign.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
He didn't bankrupt the country.
Neither did Obama.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Neither did Obama.
But that will never stop GOP saying that meltdowns of DOW as of this year is due to Obama..LOL..CHINA is the cause..not Obama..But at least America is still way above all other Countries..otherwise my latest transfer of American funds would suggest so...LOL..

I'm a widow of an American VET..and yes get SS check..tho minimal..far less than 200.oo..but since our dollar is basically less than .070 ...I'm laughing all the way to the bank!!

Point is...Dow has always driven American view..but moreover..THEY control Politicians...in the meantime..regular folks still have to get by..as the top 10% don't give a care!! ..Those without have to make do with less..and even Government has declined to actually NOT increased payouts..ala SS payment SAME..no COL increase whether or not actual COL has increased ++++

Richey Rich type don't give a care....They don't care..losses is only on paper. for them...doesn't come out of their POCKETS!!

SHAME SHAME of politician's who continue to line those POCKETS!!

Old 01-07-2016, 07:59 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Neither did Obama.
Sure about that? May be you are thinking of different Obama.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Neither did Obama.
When interest rates rise to say 5-6%, and the interest on the debt exceeds $1T a year, (which it will one day), what federal programs do you think we should cut back on in order to not be bankrupt? Welfare? Or maybe we shouldnt build any roads or bridges that year.. Ban Social Security checks from going out?

Old 01-07-2016, 08:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Why would someone be stupid enough to wear a Bernie Sanders button to an opponents rally?

Old 01-07-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
LOL..CHINA is the cause..not Obama..
It took you a while but looks like you eventually came to what Trump has been saying. Why are we tethered to China by their crappy products? China could go down the drain and it shouldn't touch us.

Last edited by HappyRider; 01-07-2016 at 08:18 PM..

Old 01-07-2016, 08:14 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
I am a flaming liberal, but if Trump came to my city, I'd totally go to his event. Who doesn't want to see the circus when it comes to town?

As for the people saying people shouldn't protest, are you serious? Being able to protest, to show up to a political rally and protest a candidate you do not like is the very essence of democracy. It's the 1st Amendment in action. It's part of what makes America, America.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I am a flaming liberal, but if Trump came to my city, I'd totally go to his event. Who doesn't want to see the circus when it comes to town?

As for the people saying people shouldn't protest, are you serious? Being able to protest, to show up to a political rally and protest a candidate you do not like is the very essence of democracy. It's the 1st Amendment in action. It's part of what makes America, America.
Yelling and denying thousands of people who are there to listen to someone is not protesting. It is disruption and you get kicked out. Try "protesting" Obama's speeches. See what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections