Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 10:05 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times

Advertisements

Yep, she got what she was looking for.

You know, it never gets publicized whenever Muslims speak out against Radical Islam. Guess that doesn't make the press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 10:05 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
how she was "harassed"? nobody knows what was said towards her.
Well maybe you're ok with people yelling at you, getting in your face and shoving their fingers at you but personally I'm not. In my book that's harassing.

Quote:
The Jewish star was offensive too many in the crowd comparing the U.S.A to Nazi Germany and free speech goes both ways.
Except it's not the Star of David.

Quote:
I would have said something to her while she was walking out.....my freedom of speech of what think of her stunt.
I would expect nothing less of the people that support Trump.

Quote:
Sorry liberals, freedom of speech is NOT exclusive to your causes and opinions.
I'm not a liberal, however I am a human being and I don't think my right to freedom of speech means I should verbally berate someone I disagree with. It's got nothing to do with political affiliation and everything to do with simply being a decent person.

Quote:
What she did was offensive as an American and Trump supporters have every right to let her know about it...FREE SPEECH.
The Star of David is your only claim to offensiveness and it's completely invalid as she's not even wearing the Star of David.

You absolutely have free speech. I'm not arguing that. I am pointing out that using your free speech to harass and verbally attack those you don't agree with is lacking in human decency.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:06 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
She is making a point that if Trump had his way, Muslims would be rounded up in America and either deported or shot. She is also using her 1st Amendment rights which Trump and his supporters apparently do not like.
For the Trump followers, the Bill of Rights start with the 2nd amendment and end with the 2nd amendment.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:06 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
In the interview, she seemed completely reasonable. But let's ignore that because you know, who cares right? My assumptions about her are far more factual than anything I can see or hear.

While I agree that trying to liken things to anything that happened in Germany in the 1930s (including comparing Obama to Hitler or saying blacks are like Jews or whatever) in the 1930s is usually ridiculous, she made one small reference to it. It was a star that was similar to, but still not, the Star of David with the words 'Muslim' written in it. This more so eludes to the comparison of unjust hatred rather than the treatment she and other Muslims face as being the same as the Jews.

Even so, I can respect the criticism she's getting for making the comparison, no matter how vague. I will say this though, why is it that when she says something that is considered over the top, she's wrong, but Trump does it, and its perfectly reasonable because he's not being politically correct? Pretty sure making a comparison to yourself and Jews in the 1930s is very much not politically correct. And I know it's because the average Trump supporters isn't capable of recognizing irony or understanding their own hypocrisy, and am actually just pointing out the absurd contradiction of values that I've seen quite a lot from those who want a reality TV star to be president.

Also, it's crazy that someone who claims to support saying how they feel would kick someone out of his rally for doing just that (well, actually doing so silently and not really being disruptive).

Old 01-09-2016, 10:18 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
lets cut the B.S. and stop making this woman into a victim.

She stood up in a rally with a Jewish star comparing the U.S.A as a German Nazi Concentration camp.....that is offensive to a lot of people in the rally and she was asked to leave.....nothing wrong with that.

Freedom of speech goes both ways. Trump supporters had every right to tell her that what she did is stupid and ignorant.

its Muslims NATIONS that are hostile to Israel and Jews.....why doesn't she go to the Arab Countries embassies and protest those countries.
She didn't compare the USA to a Nazi concentration camp. If she did, she would wear the star everywhere; not just at Trump events. She compared Trump's evil rhetoric against Islam to Hitler's speeches in the early thirties to rally his brownshirt supporters. It was all about fear, paranoia and demonizing certain groups of people, while blaming those same people for all your problems.
Historically, I think she's right on the money. Before there were concentration camps, before there were Jewish roundups and sent to extermination camps, there was the yellow star. It was the precursor of all the evil Hitler spawned with his rhetoric.
the anogly fits like a glove. Trump has already stated he will round up 11 million or more people living in america and deport them. In France, in 1942, all Hitler's special squad (SS) did was round up a certain class of people and deport them from the country. It was later that it was revealed he deported them to death camps.

This incident and the reaction of those folks at the Trump rallies and the comments of certain posters on CD, reveal that we are very close to that same national, xenophobic state of mind and it is pure evil made manifest.

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-09-2016 at 11:22 AM..

Old 01-09-2016, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
She was NOT kicked out for being a Muslim.
She was kicked out for not sitting down like the rest of the audience.

Trump also had BLM protesters removed at a different event.

She's an activist who likes to "rock the boat".

Don't let the propaganda get to you.

If she and her partner had sat down like everyone else nothing would have happened.
She was allowed to enter and take a seat to begin with..think about that one.

Clinton had protesters removed.

Bernie Sanders though just let them take over. He left the stage and never spoke.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:25 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
In the interview, she seemed completely reasonable. But let's ignore that because you know, who cares right? My assumptions about her are far more factual than anything I can see or hear.

While I agree that trying to liken things to anything that happened in Germany in the 1930s (including comparing Obama to Hitler or saying blacks are like Jews or whatever) in the 1930s is usually ridiculous, she made one small reference to it. It was a star that was similar to, but still not, the Star of David with the words 'Muslim' written in it. This more so eludes to the comparison of unjust hatred rather than the treatment she and other Muslims face as being the same as the Jews.

Even so, I can respect the criticism she's getting for making the comparison, no matter how vague. I will say this though, why is it that when she says something that is considered over the top, she's wrong, but Trump does it, and its perfectly reasonable because he's not being politically correct? Pretty sure making a comparison to yourself and Jews in the 1930s is very much not politically correct. And I know it's because the average Trump supporters isn't capable of recognizing irony or understanding their own hypocrisy, and am actually just pointing out the absurd contradiction of values that I've seen quite a lot from those who want a reality TV star to be president.

Also, it's crazy that someone who claims to support saying how they feel would kick someone out of his rally for doing just that (well, actually doing so silently and not really being disruptive).

of course she seemed "reasonable" in the interview, she is not a crazy jihadist.....but is 1 side of the story.

Everybody knew what was her intentions with the star of David, she is smart and calculated, she didn't want to use the REAL star of David and upset the Jewish community in the U.S. and the world but we all know what she was trying to do with the star.

The difference is, Trump is not going to her causes to protest Muslims......if you don't like Trump proposals then don't vote for him and don't go to his rallies.....simple!.....if you don't like Hillary and her rapist husband then don't vote for her.

Is she this ignorant or arrogant thinking she can go to a Trump rally and change people's minds by this stunt or she wanted her 15 minutes of fame?

Trump supporters don't believe Trump's proposals are racists or hateful and anybody coming to their rallies to protest and believing that Trump's proposals and supporters are hateful will get booed.

if she doesn't like it then don't go to a Trump rally with that state of mind........she says she doesn't want Americans stereotyping Muslims but she does the same thing on Trump supporters.....that is called hypocrisy!

Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
And she could have been a suicide bomber from ISIS.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This incident and the reaction of those folks at the Trump rallies and the comments of certain posters on CD, reveal that we are very close to that same national, xenophobic state of mind and it is pure evil made manifest.
Clinton had protesters removed from her event. Feel the same way ?

And no, the Constitution does not apply to private events.
You don't want to sit and listen then you get removed.

The guy at Clinton's event didn't say anything. Just stood there with a sign that said "Yes, Mrs. Clinton, it does make a difference".

Old 01-09-2016, 10:36 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
She didn't compare the USA to a Nazi concentration camp if she did, she would wear the star everywhere; not just at Trump events. She compared Trump's evil rhetoric against Islam to Hitler's speeches in the early thirties to rally his brownshirt supporters. It was all about fear, paranoia and demonizing certain groups of people, while blaming those same people for all your problems.
Historically, I think she's right on the money. Before there were concentration camps, before there were Jewish roundups and sent to extermination camps, there was the yellow star. It was the precursor of all the evil Hitler spawned with his rhetoric.
the anogly fits like a glove. Trump has already stated he will round up 11 million or more people living in america and deport them. In France, in 1942, all Hitler's special squad (SS) did was round up a certain class of people and deport them from the country. It was later that it was revealed he deported them to death camps.

This is what rump's supporters fail to understand.... that at some point, the finger may be pointed at THEM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections