Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 10:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
This is what rump's supporters fail to understand.... that at some point, the finger may be pointed at THEM.
Are you a Clinton supporter ? Feel the same way about her having silent protesters removed ?

Clinton had a guy removed for just standing quietly holding this sign:

Man Holding Protest Sign Removed From Clinton Event In Dallas « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=420&h=236

No outrage there eh ? America is full of hypocrites. Good for me but bad for the other guy right ?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-09-2016 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Clinton had protesters removed from her event. Feel the same way ?

And no, the Constitution does not apply to private events.
You don't want to sit and listen then you get removed.

The guy at Clinton's event didn't say anything. Just stood there with a sign that said "Yes, Mrs. Clinton, it does make a difference".
Some loud mouthed representative named Wilson, got up during President Obama's address to the joint members of congress and said, "You Lie!" directly to the President. He was left alone.
Based on recent history, if someone ever said that at a similar Trump speech, the individual would be wrestled to the ground, kicked, punched, spit on and frog marched out of the room. If Trump actually gets elected and the same thing happens, I half expect that that individual would immediately be taken out back and shot.

I firmly believe that there is that much evil and hate, just welling below the surface, with Trump and his cult of fear.
It's my honest opinion and it is not politically correct to say such things so ironically, Trump supporters should applaud me for breaking away from the PC crowd and speaking my mind.

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
She didn't compare the USA to a Nazi concentration camp if she did, she would wear the star everywhere; not just at Trump events. She compared Trump's evil rhetoric against Islam to Hitler's speeches in the early thirties to rally his brownshirt supporters. It was all about fear, paranoia and demonizing certain groups of people, while blaming those same people for all your problems.
Historically, I think she's right on the money. Before there were concentration camps, before there were Jewish roundups and sent to extermination camps, there was the yellow star. It was the precursor of all the evil Hitler spawned with his rhetoric.
the anogly fits like a glove. Trump has already stated he will round up 11 million or more people living in america and deport them. In France, in 1942, all Hitler's special squad (SS) did was round up a certain class of people and deport them from the country. It was later that it was revealed he deported them to death camps.

This incident and the reaction of those folks at the Trump rallies and the comments of certain posters on CD, reveal that we are very close to that same national, xenophobic state of mind and it is pure evil made manifest.

She compare Trump to Hitler and she got booed and kicked out.....what's the problem again?.....if Americans do that in any Muslim country we would get out heads chopped off, in America this woman got to be on CNN and people like you comparing her to the new Rosa Parks! ....America is Great! LOL!

you are clueless about Trump's proposal on 11 million illegals, ITS THE LAW! you know what is the law? any illegal alien in our country must be deported.

if deporting illegal aliens is being like Hitler than all countries in the world with immigration laws are like the Nazis including Mexico.

that is how clueless you sound......if you don't want Trump enforcing our laws then change the laws but Trump has the LAW on his side.......the law says any illegal national who enters our country without permission and no background check is violating our laws and must be deported....that's the LAW!

and please take some history lesson, Hitler was deporting LEGAL citizens of Germany and putting them in concentration camps....Nobody has proposed that in the U.S.A

please comeback here when you grow a hair on your chest and know the difference between LEGAL immigration vs ILLEGAL.....Damn!

Old 01-09-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Some loud mouthed representative named Wilson, got up during President Obama's address to the joint members of congress and said, "You Lie!" he was left alone.
Based on recent history, if someone ever said that at a similar Trump speech, the individual would have been wrestled to the ground, kicked, punched, spit on and frog marched out of the room. If Trump actually gets elected and the same thing happens, I half expect that that individual would immediately be taken out back and shot.

I firmly believe that there is that much evil and hate tied just welling below the surface with Trump and his cult of fear. It's my honest opinion and it is not politically correct to say such things so ironically, Trump supporters should applaud me for breaking away from the PC crowd and speaking my mind.
Your opinion. Hypocrite much ? it's ok for Hillary do it but not Trump.

Should they be like Bernie and let them take over and just walk away from the event ?

Joe Wilson was right. It's a shame no one stood beside him.
"The Emperor has no clothes on" is what Joe really was saying.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Your opinion. Hypocrite much ? it's ok for Hillary do it but not Trump.

Should they be like Bernie and let them take over and just walk away from the event ?

Joe Wilson was right. It's a shame no one stood beside him.
"The Emperor has no clothes on" is what Joe really was saying.
No, he was calling the president of the United States a bare faced liar in a joint session of Congress.

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-09-2016 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-09-2016, 10:49 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,227 times
Quote:
Are you a Clinton supporter ? Feel the same way about her having silent protesters removed ?

Clinton had a guy removed for just standing quietly holding this sign:

Man Holding Protest Sign Removed From Clinton Event In Dallas « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

No outrage there eh ? America is full of hypocrites. Good for me but bad for the other guy right ?
Are you saying these incidents are the same? They're not. The man in that video had a discussion with someone who wasn't even dressed like a security guard lol. They stood and talked for awhile, at one point a Hillary supporter seems to check in on the guy being questioned, he simply nods in response then goes back to talking with the guard. He walks out and no one is shouting at him, no one is pointing fingers at him or getting in his face. It even looks as if he has a decent conversation with those around him before he ends up leaving.

If you want to remove someone from your event then fine. But how you do it and how people react speaks volumes.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:12 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
Quote:
Some loud mouthed representative named Wilson, got up during President Obama's address to the joint members of congress and said, "You Lie!" directly to the President. He was left alone.
Based on recent history, if someone ever said that at a similar Trump speech, the individual would be wrestled to the ground, kicked, punched, spit on and frog marched out of the room. If Trump actually gets elected and the same thing happens, I half expect that that individual would immediately be taken out back and shot.

I firmly believe that there is that much evil and hate, just welling below the surface, with Trump and his cult of fear.
It's my honest opinion and it is not politically correct to say such things so ironically, Trump supporters should applaud me for breaking away from the PC crowd and speaking my mind.
We weren't talking about Obama's address. We were speaking about a Clinton speech in which a man quietly held up a sign and was removed. Why no outrage about that? Why the deflection?

Old 01-09-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Clinton had protesters removed from her event. Feel the same way ?

And no, the Constitution does not apply to private events.
You don't want to sit and listen then you get removed.

The guy at Clinton's event didn't say anything. Just stood there with a sign that said "Yes, Mrs. Clinton, it does make a difference".
And he walked out on his own with no pushback from Clinton or her supporters.

None of the protesters at the Trump events have been handled in such a genteel manner. Trump's supporters seem to instantly turn into thugs looking for a fight the minute a protester show's their hand. Trump encourages that conduct. Trump thrives on that conduct. Do you think when he's president he'll abide by the principle of "One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all?"
Fat chance. He's already thrown that principle out the door.
As I said, its pure fear, hate and paranoia made manifest and it is evil by It's very nature. His rallies are nothing more than narcissistic displays of hate, separation and demonizing of those who don't worship him. Proven by the fact that anyone who did not pledge to vote for him was barred from entry at his Vermont Beer hall Putch.

I'm taking a page out of the right wing playbook and shedding the mantle of PC. From now on I'll call it the way I see it and whoever don't like it can kiss my south end. I find it liberating to finally call the situation as I see it and not how I'm told to see it.
TIOLI take it or leave it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-09-2016 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 01-09-2016, 11:41 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Read the quoted post below. Trump is dangerously treading a line that is courting violence.
So no violence.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
No, he was calling the president of the United States a bare faced liar in a joint session of Congress.
The truth hurts. Obama did lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections